1.    #1  
    At a point of decision:Killer questions:
    1. HSDPA vs. Sprint EVDO coverage in NOVA and DC area.
    2. Skype
    3. Voice Command and A2DP.
    4. Keyboard quality
    5. Sending Voice Notes by SMS.
    6. Other cool apps: biz card scanner, jajah, threaded SMS, voice email dication etc.
    I go back and forth on this about every ten minutes. I just got the 700wx, but Im thinking about returning it due to the fact I really dont get a sprint signal in my home, or in my office. Im thinking about the Tytn running on cingular. After playing with both I have found.....

1. The treo is far easier to use as a phone than the tytn. It just takes so many more clicks to look up a number on the tytn

2. Cingulars HSDPA network is very very fast (where you can get it)

3. Having the exposed keyboard of the treo is so nice, but you sacrifice alot of the screen space of the tytn.

4. The Tytn is absolutely loaded with features. (lots of buttons, scroll wheel, wi-fi, fast processor, bluetooth 2.0) and it has a very nice keyboard.

I think it really depends what you want more, better phone, or better pda. I think Im might wait on the cingular treo, (or maybe get the tytn. I cant decide. )
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I go back and forth on this about every ten minutes. I just got the 700wx, but Im thinking about returning it due to the fact I really dont get a sprint signal in my home, or in my office. Im thinking about the Tytn running on cingular. After playing with both I have found.....

1. The treo is far easier to use as a phone than the tytn. It just takes so many more clicks to look up a number on the tytn

2. Cingulars HSDPA network is very very fast (where you can get it)

3. Having the exposed keyboard of the treo is so nice, but you sacrifice alot of the screen space of the tytn.

4. The Tytn is absolutely loaded with features. (lots of buttons, scroll wheel, wi-fi, fast processor, bluetooth 2.0) and it has a very nice keyboard.

I think it really depends what you want more, better phone, or better pda. I think Im might wait on the cingular treo, (or maybe get the tytn. I cant decide. )

im in the same frame of mind without touching either device. when is the cingular treo due?

also is there any CREDIBLE way of checking sprints EVDO vs. Cingular HSDPA coverage in Tysons Corner, VA area? their maps are very general.
    IMO, the Treo 700wx is a better marriage of both PDA and phone. Now that they fixed the memory and increased screen brightness, Palm is now on my consideration list again! Too bad there may be no GSM version any time soon, if at all.

But IMO, the TyTN is a more advanced phone, feature-wise. It is more PDA-like to me though.

But you have to decide if you want GSM or CDMA also. Which one really works better for your needs? If you travel, unlocked GSM is the way to go(TyTN)! If you don't, CDMA(700wx) is adequate unless you really prefer GSM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by athreya View Post
    im in the same frame of mind without touching either device. when is the cingular treo due?

also is there any CREDIBLE way of checking sprints EVDO vs. Cingular HSDPA coverage in Tysons Corner, VA area? their maps are very general.
    I think I heard sometime in October. The Vodafone treo (for the UK) is being released in a few weeks. I guess if its quad-band, and unlocked, you could use it here.

Not sure to check about speeds in your area. MAybe go into a cingular store and see if they have a device you can test it on. In NYC, HSDPA is incredibly fast.
    Cingular only has one UMTS phone you can test at this time, at least the ones in Chicago do. They quit selling another.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I do not have any experience with HSDPA, however, I receive consistent EVDO coverage pretty much everywhere inside the Beltway (except in the Metro's when I have to roam off Verizion )
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dome View Post
    I do not have any experience with HSDPA, however, I receive consistent EVDO coverage pretty much everywhere inside the Beltway (except in the Metro's when I have to roam off Verizion )
    and do you get charged roaming charges for roaming on Verizon towers inside the metro?