Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I want to use phone alarm but prefer the Treo midi ringers and PA doesn't seem to like midi. Can someone please convert these to wav?

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    no way no how. just not possible.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Doubt that, there are programs out there. I just haven't found a freeware one.
    Kash76

It is possible and you can use QuickTime Pro to do this. Just load in the midi file and export out in the format you want.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    not the same quality. its not like you converting mp3 to wav or the other way around.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
    not the same quality. its not like you converting mp3 to wav or the other way around.

I tried QT Pro and it won't do wav.

You're right, it sounds much different playing the files even as midi on my PC.

So, anyone have a good source of wav or wma ringers and alerts?
    Kash76

I am not sure. I still have nextel untill my Treo gets here some time next week. but for nextel i ussually made my own. it is my understanding the 700wx takes wav's and mp3's. so what i did for my old phones i would find a funny sound convert it so my phone can take it, and assign it.
    uhm... do it acoustically but with stereo mix (what's also called "whatuhear") ... it works like taking a patch cord between the line out and the mic in. you'll never know it wasn't converted.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I found where I can fix this...

I set the midi in the treo sound settings and in phone alarm I use "system" and it will then use the midi.

Thanks for the help
    Kash76

Sorry but it does do wave, I've done it myself. File -> Export, Sound to Wave. As for the quality you can select the quality option and it sounds fine. Any difference you are hearing is do to different "instruments". Midi is instructions for instruments and they do tend to sound different on different devices and platforms. But it's not a quality issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    I tried QT Pro and it won't do wav.

You're right, it sounds much different playing the files even as midi on my PC.

So, anyone have a good source of wav or wma ringers and alerts?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Sorry but it does do wave, I've done it myself. File -> Export, Sound to Wave. As for the quality you can select the quality option and it sounds fine. Any difference you are hearing is do to different "instruments". Midi is instructions for instruments and they do tend to sound different on different devices and platforms. But it's not a quality issue.
    Hmm, it just had mov files and aiff or something for me. Oh well, don't need it anymore
    Kash76