Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    any coupons out there?
    instant rebates??
    anything without signing anything
    I got the 700wx from Sprint for $99 and consider myself very fortunate.

I was going to buy the phone from pcs network on ebay. When they looked up my accont they said I needed to add my social security number to my account because they have to verify the last 4 digits. I went to a local Sprint store to add it when the guy helping me asked a lot of questions about what I was adding it for and that it should've been there to begin with. Anyways, I tell him that there is a deal on ebay to get the phone for $99 with a 2 year agreement on a new line of service. I asked if he could match and he kind of gave a non-commital answer. I mentioned that I'd rather buy direct from Sprint than deal with an online seller.

A few minutes later he said he could give me the phone for $199 out the door. Then he changes it to $99 out the door. A few seconds later he changes it again and says I don't have to pay anything in the store because he could charge it to my account. This is how he did it:

Phone price: $599
    $300 account credit
    $100 mail in rebate

In the end I'm left with a $99 charge to my account. I think I was very lucky and had a perfect storm scenario.

1. The store was empty and the manager helped me. He didn't even know they had the 700wx in stock and was very excited to check it out. Being a manager is probably the reason he was able to give such a great deal.

2. I've had my account with Sprint for 10 years and it's been a business account for about 6 1/2 of those years.
    Well Wxkid count yourself lucky. Because I'm a ex-Nextel customer, I couldn't port my old number. Oh well...I guess thems-the-breaks.
    Anyone figured out a way to trade in their 700p for a 700wx? I tried with retentions, but was shot down
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma4Life View Post
    $300 account credit
    $100 mail in rebate
    If I could get one for $99, I would have one within the hour!!!!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma4Life View Post
    I got the 700wx from Sprint for $99 and consider myself very fortunate.

I was going to buy the phone from pcs network on ebay. When they looked up my accont they said I needed to add my social security number to my account because they have to verify the last 4 digits. I went to a local Sprint store to add it when the guy helping me asked a lot of questions about what I was adding it for and that it should've been there to begin with. Anyways, I tell him that there is a deal on ebay to get the phone for $99 with a 2 year agreement on a new line of service. I asked if he could match and he kind of gave a non-commital answer. I mentioned that I'd rather buy direct from Sprint than deal with an online seller.

A few minutes later he said he could give me the phone for $199 out the door. Then he changes it to $99 out the door. A few seconds later he changes it again and says I don't have to pay anything in the store because he could charge it to my account. This is how he did it:

$300 account credit
    $100 mail in rebate

In the end I'm left with a $99 charge to my account. I think I was very lucky and had a perfect storm scenario.

1. The store was empty and the manager helped me. He didn't even know they had the 700wx in stock and was very excited to check it out. Being a manager is probably the reason he was able to give such a great deal.

2. I've had my account with Sprint for 10 years and it's been a business account for about 6 1/2 of those years.
    This needs to happen to me. ASAP.
    Anyone else have any positive experiences with buying a 700wx for $99 on ebay? It just looks too good to be true.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by igrover View Post
    Anyone else have any positive experiences with buying a 700wx for $99 on ebay? It just looks too good to be true.

Thanks in advance.
    Yeah I had a really positive experience. I'm posting right now on my wx I bought from them. There are catches which we've outlined in the thread. But if you can adhere to the rules...it's everything they say it is.
    Check out my app PodSnatcher or on PreCentral.net
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Anyone figured out a way to trade in their 700p for a 700wx? I tried with retentions, but was shot down
    I traded in my 6700 for the 700p. Then I traded in my 700p for the 700 wx, each time talking to retentions. I just told them I was having too many problems with my current phone. Each time they would just mail out the new phone with a return kit. Didn't have to pay any difference. I'm much happier with my 700wx.
    Quick question,
    I already have a Sprint line, but amy dying for this phone.
    If I order it, and then cancel the line after the 1st billing cycle what happens?
    I guess I just get banged the 99 + 250?
    Still beats buying a new one from Sprint for 400+.
    Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by nkhosla View Post
    Quick question,
    I already have a Sprint line, but amy dying for this phone.
    If I order it, and then cancel the line after the 1st billing cycle what happens?
    I guess I just get banged the 99 + 250?
    Still beats buying a new one from Sprint for 400+.
    Am I missing something?
    From my understanding, your Sprint account is charged the full retail amount of the phone. After the first 30 days, you are credited the difference between the $99 price and the retail value. However, I am also told that if you cancel line within the first 6 months, that difference in price is charged back to your account (plus the ETF).
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    $300 account credit
    $100 mail in rebate
    Not to rain on your parade but 599-300-100=199 not 99.

Still a great deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by mediamike View Post
    Not to rain on your parade but 599-300-100=199 not 99.

Still a great deal.
    Has anyone tried the current deal of getting the phone for .99?

Thanks,
    -Chris
    I got a Sprint Treo 700wx as a promotion and it is activated on a Sprint promotion system. I want to give this phone to a friend but want to deactivate the "free promotional" account and switch to a "paid" Sprint account. How can I do it without letting Sprint know? On GSM phones, it is pretty trivial as all you have to do is swap the SIM cards but do not know how to do it for Sprint CDMA phones. Any help is appreciated?
    See this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=125548

I had a great experience with sprintnetwork on ebay. Unfortunately, it looks like they're no longer a current seller now (maybe Sprint caught them?). There's now another seller offering the same deal though.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123