Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    i singned up for the pluggedin thing
    but the discount is not working
    any one might know why
    I just called Sprint because I am switching from Nextel to Sprint. I pointed out the difference in price between Verizon and Sprint. He told me Sprint would eventually come down to Verizon's price. However, they cannot do price matching. Price is set in stone. Just thought you might like to know.

Best,
    Ryan
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Sprintnetwork has them for $99.99. I wonder if I can add this as an additional line for my wife?

http://cgi.ebay.com/PALM-TREO-700W-T...QQcmdZViewItem

I'm keeping my 6700 until Cingular gets HSDPA in my area, and then I'm going with their 8525.
    Yeah but try calling or emailing. I'm getting nothing right now. It feels like it could be a scam. But hell for a hundred bucks if it is. Damn. If it isn't hot-damn!
    I e-mailed them this morning some questions and have not received a reply yet. Hopefully I hear back soon.

If I say just wanted to go buy this from my local Sprint store... what could I expect to pay? Do I get any discounts? I would be a brand new Sprint subscriber and would be moving my # over from VZ. I would go along with a 2 year.
  6. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Sprintnetworks were $70 (for the 700p) a few days ago, now they are $100 (700p/700wx). I have never been able to get through to them over the phone. Their feedback was public when they were $70, now it's private. I don't know what to think.
    Yeah, that's weird. Their feedback was public last night, now private.
    Discussion on Treocentral.com
    Edit: Howard Forums Too

So I did some searchng in the forums. He seems legit. If he'd ever call me back I'd purchase and let you all know how it runs.

However, from what I've read from the thread above you have to choose a certain monthly service amount. Then everything is done through credits to your Sprint account. What I just said is convoluted. Just read the thread; I thought it was pretty promising.

Best,
    Ryan
    Last edited by RLovelett; 09/06/2006 at 04:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    Yeah, that's weird. Their feedback was public last night, now private.
    That's interesting. Starting to wonder if it just isn't a better idea now to go spend the couple extra hundred and not have to worry about getting ripped off..
    Ok so I've ordered one. It will arrive on Friday.

Here's the deal. You have to agree to a $59.99 or greater account. You must keep it for up to 6 months (182 days), during this time you cannot change anything regarding the owner or information of the account.

However, after 30 days you can downgrade to the lower amount. I'll let you know on Friday what arrives.

Best,
    Ryan
    $59.99 or greater account?

Would a $39.99 voice plan and the $49.99 PAM plan be good enough? If not, is it possible to get the $59.99 voice plan to begin with and then downgrade to the $39.99 plan after a month without penalty?
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RLovelett View Post
    Yeah but try calling or emailing. I'm getting nothing right now. It feels like it could be a scam. But hell for a hundred bucks if it is. Damn. If it isn't hot-damn!
    A friend of mine got their 6700 from them without incident. I'm seriously considering getting a 700wx for my wife using them.
    after doing some more digging...

I will be ordering from SprintNetwork myself in the next couple days. Plenty of positive reviews about them all over the place and it's a $400 discount to Sprint itself.

As I understand...

$60 voice plan for first month and then you may lower

I *think* free vision for first month (I will need to add PAM as a feature though so not sure how that is going to work out)

They credit your Sprint account back after first month -phone and $60 plan

Looks like a deal to me
    wxkid23 - you understand it correctly. Just make sure you do not change that plan until day 31 or 32 (after the first billing cycle) and don't cancel the line! Congrats!
    Can anyone get ahold of these guys? I just called and the # rings three times then stops and then rings 3 times again about a minute later???
    Quote Originally Posted by wxkid23 View Post
    Can anyone get ahold of these guys? I just called and the # rings three times then stops and then rings 3 times again about a minute later???
    Yeah I got a hold of them. And I have my new Treo 700wx! Really was everything they said it would be.

WXKid23 the way I got them was to keep emailing them over and over until they called me back. It really was that simple.

BTW....I LOVE THIS THING! If you know WM5 (I mean used it already on other devices). This Treo is 100% better than any other device for using it. I have had it since yesterday (Friday) at 10:30 or so...24hrs . And this thing has just been fast as hell. No freezing. Push email from my exchange server is great. So far no real qualms.

The only thing is when I go back to my parents house I am told I'm roaming when on data. Is there a way to make it not use data when roaming. Because I'm not sure if I have to pay extra for that. Oh and I broke my quick search on the today screen. Now when I search it comes up and asks me for a username and password from sprint. I don't know what it is. Oh well...I didn't even really like the feature anyway.

Best,
    Ryan
    You can't have a spending limit and be approved for multiple lines on your Sprint account. He calls it Preferd Credit.
    I have a lot to say but I dont want to get banned...AGAIN!!
    Yeah you must be eligible for everything with no restrictions, but like I said totally worth it.

Best,
    Ryan
    I ordered this morning from SN. Should have the phone on Tuesday and service on Saturday (5 days to transfer # from VZ) phone sounds great!
    Why does it take so long to transfer from Verizon? It must be something odd with them. When I transferred from Cingular, it was almost instant. It started working while I was on the phone with them during activation.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast