Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I haven't had a WM system for a while but I do own both weather center and SPB Weather.

Is there a good app out there that shows current temp (problem with SPB) and some radar capabilities on the today screen or at least drive to the radar from there?

I used to use Journal Bar, anyone like that these days?
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    i use weather panel. it give current temp unlike most of them. you can download it at marsware.com the developer has been missing for over a year so now it says it's shareware it is now freeware. trial will never expire. this app can do animated icons on the today screen. it use to be awesome app as well as today screen plugin but now the app after the plug in doesn't fit well with 240x240. still the best weather plugin. let me know if you have trouble setting things up. i help u out.

cody
    I'm a big fan of Fizz Weather. It can be run as a Today plugin or just a standalone weather application to save screen space. Really great graphics and very configurable.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I'm a big fan of Fizz Weather. It can be run as a Today plugin or just a standalone weather application to save screen space. Really great graphics and very configurable.
    Can you please grab a screenshot of the today plug-in on fizz for me please?

Cody, I'm liking weather panel! Very powerful.
    Kash76

Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    Can you please grab a screenshot of the today plug-in on fizz for me please?

Cody, I'm liking weather panel! Very powerful.

Understand though it has multiple settings: mine was on "current" conditions, there's also 5 day (2 versions) and 2 day (2 versions) to select from.

Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot. Panel was messing with some fonts on other system screens. Very odd. Also, on reset it took forever to load. I liked the display and radar stuff, maybe the dev will come back to it someday.

I'll checkout Fizz tonight.
    Kash76

7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    <YOUR `NAME>. Out.

UX180P
    How about something that is as good as Fizz but free?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I just downloaded and installed Weather Panel and it seems to work, but I cannot find any radar images. I have it configured for my local zip code, but am I missing something, or what do I need to do to see radar images? TIA, Richard
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I don't have it installed anymore so I can't look but there was a image button on the options screen and I seached for my city on that. It was in my 'city' profile.
    Kash76

. Panel was messing with some fonts on other system screens. Very odd. this is cause it is for 320x240. it was awesome on the 6700 but really just a today scrren app on 240x240 apps

I'll checkout Fizz tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by rfdillon View Post
    I just downloaded and installed Weather Panel and it seems to work, but I cannot find any radar images. I have it configured for my local zip code, but am I missing something, or what do I need to do to see radar images? TIA, Richard
    agian, anything done with the app after the today screen wont really work. if you had 320x 240 you would see a little radar icon at the bottom that you would hit to see radar. since we cant see it with the 240x240 it dont work.

this was my favorite app and i'm am kind of bumbed out about this as well.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I just tapped the left part of the today plug-in and I could get to the radar.
    Kash76

Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

Understand though it has multiple settings: mine was on "current" conditions, there's also 5 day (2 versions) and 2 day (2 versions) to select from.

Does Fizz display a radar image? If so, can you please give me another shot?

Sorry but it says it's already expired and I only installed it hours ago!?
    Kash76

Does Fizz display a radar image? If so, can you please give me another shot?

Sorry but it says it's already expired and I only installed it hours ago!?
    Not on the Today Screen. If you launch the application, you'll get this (assuming you tell it DL radar images) and it has "animated" radar maps with selectable quality (e.g. frame rates).

Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Thanks again.
    Kash76

try also Weather to go it is free/ What I like about it, it has a compact view of single line for 5 day forcast. Great for 240x240
    Thanks for the tip. The Weather to Go works great.

Malatesta,

What app allow your today screen to show icons for voicemail, messages, etc.?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempest790 View Post
    Thanks for the tip. The Weather to Go works great.

Malatesta,

What app allow your today screen to show icons for voicemail, messages, etc.?

Thanks.
    Pocket Max's PhoneAlarm:
    http://pocketmax.net/phoneAlarm.html

best app for WM5 phone edition, imo. great developer too.