1.    #1  
    I am considering a move to the 700WX even though I just bought a 700P. However, my main need is full wireless Outlook/Exchange sync by push(not scheduled activesync). Does the PUSH functionality with the 700WX provide this(assuming SP2 Exchange 2003 on server)? Any of you have this running and if so what is initial experience on battery drain, bugs, crashes, etc? Thank you in advance.
    My initial impressions are ... it's really really great.

Messages are pushed out faster to the 700wx than Outlook 2003 connected to my work server via https.

We had a power outage for the past 18 hours and the WX has gotten a work out, has not crashed ONCE. Based on this observation I'm pretty sure the WX can make it through a full day without needing to be recharged. Something the 6700 couldn't do (with push enabled)

My 700p would crash every day when using Sprint PCS Business Connection Enterprise at least once.
  3.    #3  
    Would be very interested in hearing from anyone who has migrated from 700P and Chatteremail to 700WX with exchange native push i.e. overall functionality, subfolders, categories, attachment receiving and sending, new mail notifications etc.

Quote Originally Posted by pshifrin View Post
    My initial impressions are ... it's really really great.

Messages are pushed out faster to the 700wx than Outlook 2003 connected to my work server via https.

We had a power outage for the past 18 hours and the WX has gotten a work out, has not crashed ONCE. Based on this observation I'm pretty sure the WX can make it through a full day without needing to be recharged. Something the 6700 couldn't do (with push enabled)

My 700p would crash every day when using Sprint PCS Business Connection Enterprise at least once.
  4.    #4  
    Also, how badly do you guys miss the great one handed operation of the palm based treos?
    ttoppins, sorry just noticed your Private Message. You can sync sub inbox folders, sent items, even junk mail! I'm choosing not to, for space and time considerations. You have to select these options on the pc side using active sync, you can't select it right from the Treo.

Attachments work great, our home cable modem voip line will email me a .wav file of any message left on our voicemail. The 700p wouldn't work right and couldn't play it, while the WX will perfectly.

Bottom line, activesync push works very well, is very fast (i'm in EVDO coverage) and is way better than Business Connection.
    DirectPush... is perfect. Definitley on par with Blackberry Connect true push email with full sync of calendar contacts. As long as you have an Exchange Server with Service Pack 2, you will recieve instant email. I use an exchange account hosted from www.themessagecenter.com for 9.95 a month. Works with my WX flawlessly. love it
  7.    #7  
    Does anyone know if it is possible to access the GAL on the exchange server?
    Yes full GAL lookup (and save contacts to local device address book) is a standard part of Exchange ActiveSync and SP2.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser View Post
    Yes full GAL lookup (and save contacts to local device address book) is a standard part of Exchange ActiveSync and SP2.
    How do you set this up on the 700wx? I have to click 'Find Online' when searching for a contact to address an email to; is it possible to 'Auto Find Online' each time (or sync one or more public folders, as with Good)?
    .salvatore
    general nonsense - http://www.palmisanonet.com/
    psn radio - http://www.palmisanonet.com:9875
    what if we dont use the above active sync setup and want something more like the Chatter email on the Palm? Do we go with Flex mail?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I would suggest going with vgsmail for IDLE supporting IMAP accounts. It basically adds IDLE functionality to other accounts other than Exchange (i.e. Fastmail - which Flexmail has problems with) and it integrates with Pocket Outlook so you only need one email application.

I used Chatter on my Treo 700p and 650 and it's the closest thing I found yet, plus it's very stable.