Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    For those that are curious the Slingbox mobile works great!
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Yes, it will be good not to have that stupid low memory error anymore!

I just ordered my wx today.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Yes, it will be good not to have that stupid low memory error anymore!

I just ordered my wx today.
    congrats and welcome to the club!
    Kash76

For some reason it runs waaay better on my 700wx than the 6700. Not sure if it's better phone, better upload on my sling or something I configured wrong on my 6700.

either way, works fantasitc.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Good to hear that SlingBox works so well on the wx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    For some reason it runs waaay better on my 700wx than the 6700. Not sure if it's better phone, better upload on my sling or something I configured wrong on my 6700.

either way, works fantasitc.
    25% less pixels to push may help

Surur
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I just had sling running over wifi and could talk to someone on my BT headset. Try that on POS!
    Kash76

Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    25% less pixels to push may help

Surur
    I'm not sure about that. On the 6700 I had 2 rows of "favorite" icons, now I only have one. To be honest, assuming in portrait for the 6700, they look very much the same size..

Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    I just had sling running over wifi and could talk to someone on my BT headset. Try that on POS!
    Does it have WI_FI or you are using the card?
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Using the Socket E300 SDIO card.
    Kash76

Just finished putting the SlingMedia Mobile on my 700wx and I too can vouch that it is awesome! Best portable TV EVER! The more I play with my 700wx the more I like.
    Hi,

Just picked up the device. I'm trying to install slingbox mobile and I get the following Error....

Installation of SlingPlayer Mobile was unsuccessful. The installation file is intended for a Windows Smartphone devices.

How do I get it to install? I tried to manually install with the cab and get the same error.

Thanks
    David
    I am really itching to try this. Can anybody tell me if the picture is full screen, or is there still a row of buttons at the bottom for favorites?

One more thing for Malatesta, can you tell me how you find sprint coverage in huntington? I live in Melville, and dont really seem to get a good sprint signal anywhere.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDave1022 View Post
    Hi,

Just picked up the device. I'm trying to install slingbox mobile and I get the following Error....

Installation of SlingPlayer Mobile was unsuccessful. The installation file is intended for a Windows Smartphone devices.

How do I get it to install? I tried to manually install with the cab and get the same error.

Thanks
    David
    There are two downloads, one for smartphones and one for PPC or WM. Use the PPC/WM download.
    Kash76

Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I am really itching to try this. Can anybody tell me if the picture is full screen, or is there still a row of buttons at the bottom for favorites?

One more thing for Malatesta, can you tell me how you find sprint coverage in huntington? I live in Melville, and dont really seem to get a good sprint signal anywhere.
    Last edited by Kash76; 09/04/2006 at 09:42 PM.
    Kash76

Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post

Hit and miss. At home it's okay, I get around 70% signal. At work (in town) I get 0-34%. In Huntington Village I can get 100%, very strong and same near 110s near the Mall section (where the Sprint store is). It's not great but definitely not bad either.

Also, there is a row of buttons for favorites (icons w/ the 1.1 beta)--not full screen, but pretty close.

Using the Socket E300 SDIO card.
    How much is it for the wi-fi card?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempest790 View Post
    Just finished putting the SlingMedia Mobile on my 700wx and I too can vouch that it is awesome! Best portable TV EVER! The more I play with my 700wx the more I like.
    Daaawg that sounds good! I have the 700p and I'm really jealous! You guys have got to help us get it on the P too; and... we'll sprinkle you some good programs back in turn.

Hey, it could work out!
    Last edited by copernicus; 09/03/2006 at 10:53 PM.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lghitis View Post
    How much is it for the wi-fi card?

$70-$100
    Kash76

Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    $70-$100
    I picked up a spare SanDisk "Connect Low power" 802.11b WiFi SDIO card on eBay last night for $20.00. These came out in late 2004 at $99.00. SanDisk no longer makes SDIO WiFi cards. It worked perfectly in a loaner 700w I had for four months. Just as Dieter's video on the front page shows the wx recognizing and using the Palm WiFi card seconds after it's shoved in. The drivers are built into Winblows Mobile. The SanDisk will work the same way. If you look for one, do NOT get the one with 256mb of memory on it. Get the one called the "Connect Low power" card. It has no memory on it. I already have one of the SanDisk cards (a review sample I keep with my Zodiac II) but for twenty bucks, I figured it couldn't hurt to have a spare for when I get a 700wx (on which I intend to use the Sling player and basically nothing else).. (unless Sling comes out with a PalmOS player.. and then I'll have no need to add a 700wx to my Sprint plan..) ..

In my unscientific tests with the 700w when I had it, comparing Verizon's EVDO with WiFi, WiFi blew the crap out of EVDO speed (at least 10 times faster..) .. since it was talking to my cable modem through my router. But of course, WiFi isn't everywhere for free unless you live in a city that's set up with WiMax. Which I don't.

The only downside is that an SDIO WiFi card sticks out of the Treo since it's about twice as tall as a standard SD card and it also eats the slot so it's either a WiFi card or a memory card but not both. Why Palm couldn't just build WiFi into the 700w(x) like they do with some of their non-phone PDAs is something I'll never understand. Hell, they could put a GPS receiver inside too (if there's room for the circuitry) but then a Treo would probably cost close to $1000.00 retail.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast