Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post
    Mr Snappy, I wouldn't mind a little clarification on using a Slingbox on Sprint. I'm a new Sprint customer, coming from VZW where streaming video was against the TOS. I've read it is fine to stream video on Power Vision using Sprint. I want to be sure that is accurate so I don't have to restrict my Slinging when my 700wx arrived like I did on VZW. I'll try to answer you questions the best I can.

1. If it is connected directly to the coax of your TV then it will only display the channel the TV is on, and you won't be able to change the channel. If you connect the analog input to the Slingbox you'll be able to change those though. Sling does sell a wireless router that may be able to hook up to your digital cable box, I'm not real sure how it works though.

2. If you change the analog channel, no. If you have it hooked up to the cable box, yes. You'd have to get a second cable box if you didn't want it to.

Thanks for the reply,

As far as your question about Sprint, I have to be very careful here. I DO NOT speak for Sprint nor can I advice you about aspects of the plans in an official capacity. That type of thing can get me fired. I do not work in customer care or in sales.

What I can tell you is that I have read external publications that agree with what you have stated about limiting bandwidith. Also keep in mind that just because you might be able to do it today does not mean that the rules can change in the future.

That being said, I bought (yes bought, they don't give us devices for free) a Treo 700wx because I am also planning on using it to view SlingBox input.

Of course, my plan is slightly better than all of yours
    i have couple of question about the slingbox
    1.can you use it on the 700w
    2.do you have to have a wifi card if you have unlimited data
    3.do you have to have a vcr
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fostermom View Post
    1. yes
    2. no
    3. you can use a variety of devices - VCR's, DVD, Cable, Cable Boxes, TiVo, DVR's, etc. You can only have a couple hooked up at a time but it can control many things.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by fostermom View Post
    Watch it in action here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LDA_Ac0T0Rg

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    mal what are you using for your today screen to make the top and bottom bar black, a theme or wisbar? please post link or file?
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23 View Post
    mal what are you using for your today screen to make the top and bottom bar black, a theme or wisbar? please post link or file?
    I use Vicott's UI Tweaker

Specifically, look under TdyScheme Changer and use WM5 settings. That's where to change to the "black bars". You can also customize every color on they system and save the settings (very handy).

Best part: no system hit in resources and it's free.

The theme (which is just a green-ish background after I tweaked it) is just the MS Green Theme from their website.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123