Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Well you seem to have bought the last one from eBay

Does the Palm/Sandisk card have the ability to be turned on and off and maybe not have to reboot between use?
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    Well you seem to have bought the last one from eBay

Does the Palm/Sandisk card have the ability to be turned on and off and maybe not have to reboot between use?
    Yeah, if I disremember incorrectly, the driver lets you connect and disconnect it. I don't have the 700w anymore but on the Zodiac II, when you installed TapWave's driver it had an app icon which when launched had a connect / disconnect button.

Here's one on eBay http://tinyurl.com/nadkp but it's in the UK.

Here's another one http://tinyurl.com/q9tbg and another one http://tinyurl.com/rdbv9 and those are in the US.

Some of them are labelled "Connect" and some of them say "Connect Low Power" but they're exactly the same thing.

If you were searching for "SanDisk Wi-Fi" try leaving out the hyphen and search for "SanDisk WiFi." That's how I found them

Harv
    Last edited by hrlaser; 09/04/2006 at 10:35 AM.
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Thanks, I was searching for the wrong keywords.
    Kash76

Why not just use the Palm wi-fi card? Does it have disadvantages?

Todd/Indy
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen View Post
    Why not just use the Palm wi-fi card? Does it have disadvantages?

Todd/Indy
    I think it's a matter of $20 vs. $100. Sure the Palm one works, but it's also more expensive.

/Still loving Slingbox on my PPC-6700. I can't see myself going to the smaller Treo screen. I use today plugins (SPB Diary, etc) and need the extra length of the 6700's screen.

...but I'm very tempted by the wx...
    Can anyone comment on the relative picture size with Slingbox on Treo 700wx vs. the 6700 in portrait mode? I'm sure the Treo screen is wider, but how much? I seldom use Singbox on the 6700 in landscape mode--too hard to hold comfortably and the 6700's screen is naturally a bit blurry in landscape.

Todd/Indy
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    I think it's a matter of $20 vs. $100. Sure the Palm one works, but it's also more expensive.

/Still loving Slingbox on my PPC-6700. I can't see myself going to the smaller Treo screen. I use today plugins (SPB Diary, etc) and need the extra length of the 6700's screen.

...but I'm very tempted by the wx...
    Exactly the reason why, $$. Funny thing is that my buddy gave me an old longer socket card and it seems to be the same as the palm and sandisk, no drivers needed and it works with WPA unlike the E300
    Kash76

Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen View Post
    Can anyone comment on the relative picture size with Slingbox on Treo 700wx vs. the 6700 in portrait mode? I'm sure the Treo screen is wider, but how much? I seldom use Singbox on the 6700 in landscape mode--too hard to hold comfortably and the 6700's screen is naturally a bit blurry in landscape.

Todd/Indy
    Here is a screen shot from my WX. The 1 FPS is incorrect on the beta.

Kash76

I bought one today and I must say I am NOT disapointed. Simply awesome piece of tech.

I'm amazed at how well it works on the 700wx. Simply awesome. If you don't have on your missing out big time.
    Works here, but I am not in an EVDO area, so video is a frustrating affair.

*looking at the WiFi card...*
    Slingbox users - is EVDO really fast enough? Doesn't the battery drain in seconds rather than hours?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Do I need a slingbox connected to my home TV in order to use this program? Can someone explain how slingbox works to me... I am really interested in having this but don't know if I will use it like that.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Slingbox users - is EVDO really fast enough? Doesn't the battery drain in seconds rather than hours?
    Oh, it's fast enough...it looks simply amazing. I can usually read the tickers it's so clear and smooth.

Battery: I'd say, roughly: it uses 15-20% of a 2400mah per hour. That's an estimate from my experience. I actually find that to be good and not surprising. If you do play to sling, it's good to have an extra charger. Though I went 9 hours yesterday and had 71% when I left for home. I used Sling on the train and got home with about 48% battery, so that works for me.

I think I'll make a quick vid and post on youtube showing what it's like on the 700wx, since it's so good...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Do I need a slingbox connected to my home TV in order to use this program? Can someone explain how slingbox works to me... I am really interested in having this but don't know if I will use it like that.

Thanks!
    Slingbox has 3 video inputs, S video, composite, and coax. Then an ethernet cable to your router. When you run Slingplayer on laptop or mobile you can select any one of the 3 inputs. I am only using 2, I split the coax from my cable to watch TV. You can also hook it up from an output on you cable box and configure the software remote and have full functionality as if you were at home, DVR too. My other source is a composite input from my security system. I probably view that more than TV. I was amazed how well it works and how simple it was to setup and configure.
    I have an unused cable connection inside my structured wiring panel in the basement that comes off my splitter. My router is also located in the panel. Would it be possible to run a Slingbox connected directly to this cable; i.e., no set-top box or TV involved?
    Sure you can run it that way, you don't have to connect it to your TV. In my case I have some regular audio / video wires comming out of my output 2 on my tivo. I connected the IR blaster to the Sling box and put it uner the Tivo and now I have full access to whatever my Tivo has, live TV or recorded.

It truely is an amazing sight. I had high expectations and it exceeds them in every way.

Don't expect to sling on a 60 inch tv because there is compression but on my 17 inch laptop display and especially on the WX display the video is clear and runs great.
    Newby here....My 700wx is waiting for me at home as I type this

I have been thinking about a slingbox and have a few questions,

1. I have digital cable, but the first 80 or so channels comes through analog. The digital cable box is on a different floor then the router, so connecting to it is not possible. Will the slingbox send me the digital channels if I connect it directly to the coax, not my cable box?

2. If I change channels on my 700wx, will it effect the channels being displayed on the TV's in my house? I suspect not, but just want to make sure.

Thanks.

PS, I am a manager at $print at their corp HQ in Overaland Park KS. Feel free to ask me anything (Like SERO stuff )
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Mr Snappy, I wouldn't mind a little clarification on using a Slingbox on Sprint. I'm a new Sprint customer, coming from VZW where streaming video was against the TOS. I've read it is fine to stream video on Power Vision using Sprint. I want to be sure that is accurate so I don't have to restrict my Slinging when my 700wx arrived like I did on VZW. I'll try to answer you questions the best I can.

1. If it is connected directly to the coax of your TV then it will only display the channel the TV is on, and you won't be able to change the channel. If you connect the analog input to the Slingbox you'll be able to change those though. Sling does sell a wireless router that may be able to hook up to your digital cable box, I'm not real sure how it works though.

2. If you change the analog channel, no. If you have it hooked up to the cable box, yes. You'd have to get a second cable box if you didn't want it to.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    If it's difficult or cumbersome to hard wire the Sling box to your router, you can use the Sling links which use your household wiring. Go to their Web site and read. The Sling links come in a box as a pair and sell for $150.00.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    I use Linksys's wireless game adapter connected to my slingbox and it works great. My router is up one floor. I've never had it drop a video stream yet.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast