1.    #1  
    I have put my serial # in the place they say it is listed on Palms website 6 times, and it gives an error...

Has anyone been able to download the complimentary 5.1 version of Sprite Backup from Palms website using the Treo 700wx serial #?

If so can you email me the zip.. I have no idea whats wrong.

Mike
  2.    #2  
    Oh... Here is the website to download the latest version of Sprite:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...kup/index.html

I know it is on the Trewo wx CD as well, but I do nto know if that is the latest version which is 5.0.1 (which includes a compressed restore file).

Can someone else check with their serial # (located inside the backl of the treo under the battery or follow the directions to see it in the unit as specified)...

I cant get my serial # to work!

Mike
  3.    #3  
    OK I keerp posting to my own thread....

After finally getting int ouch with Palm, I was told by the CSRFAC that the serial numbers are NOT entered in their system yet, and you can not download Sprite yet if you just bought a 700wx.

She wouldn't give me another way or serial nunber to get the program.. She said the problem would be fixed by sometime MONDAY! (Holiday?)

This is not good.. Palm even changed the website to include 700wx for the Sprite download.. but there is no way to download it right now.

If anyone has any luck using the link above to do it please let me know.

Also, if you installed off the CD can you let me know if it is Sprite version 5.1 or 5.0...? If it IS 5.1 Ill install the CD... However after reading Sprites website updating is a pain..s o if it isnt I will wait for palm to fix this rediculous serial # issue.

(FAC=From Another Country)
    Hi, I'm new to Sprint, Treo, and WM. I am going to have a lot of questions!! I just have to get them organized and see which ones I can get answered thur searching.

I do want to let you know that you don't have to take your battery out to get you serial number. You can get your serial number thru

settings => system => about => phone

Sheila
  5.    #5  
    OK

ANYONE been able to install Sprite Backup from that link??

My serial number will still not work.. can someone else try?

Also....

Can someone please let me know if the version on the Palm Installation CD for the 700wx contains version 5.0 or 5.1?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio View Post
    OK

ANYONE been able to install Sprite Backup from that link??

My serial number will still not work.. can someone else try?

Also....

Can someone please let me know if the version on the Palm Installation CD for the 700wx contains version 5.0 or 5.1?

Thanks!
    The version on the CD is 5.1 and does allow compressed backups. As far as I can tell, it is the latest and greatest. I also believe the CD downloads the version from the web. The full version info for the one linked off of the CD is Version 5.1.0, Build 1438. And BTW it works great. Its nice to get no trialware with a new phone!
    bit_bucket
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bit_bucket View Post
    The version on the CD is 5.1 and does allow compressed backups. As far as I can tell, it is the latest and greatest. I also believe the CD downloads the version from the web. The full version info for the one linked off of the CD is Version 5.1.0, Build 1438. And BTW it works great. Its nice to get no trialware with a new phone!
    Thank you Mr. Bucket.... Your help is appreciated much!!

Mike
  8.    #8  
    And for anyone wondering Palm FINALLY the other day inputted the Treo 700wx serial number sequence in.. So now you can download sprite right from Palm....

I complained enough about it becuase it was false advertising. They gave me 10 treos to keep quiet