Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    OK, I give up. Where is the usbmodem program? The only one I know of is for Palm OS. You're connected under Mac OS X, right?
    The USB Modem program is at www.mobile-stream.com. I don't have a Mac, but it worked via Bluetooth with my PC without having to install any special software on the PC. However, it seems to me I am only able to get 1x speeds via Bluetooth. The screen says EV, but speed test were topping out around 115kbs. Using the same program and USB, I was getting in the 250's. It's supposed to work similar to PDAnet. I prefer it to PDAnet because I don't have to have software running on the PC.
    Thanks! I've been getting horrible data speeds on Sprint the past four days. I've even tried hard resets but it doesn't make any difference. The speeds I got this morning are about 1/2 to 1/3 of the speed on the Treo itself. With a 700p on Verizon I can get up to around 380kbits/sec which is about as fast as bluetooth 1.2 can transfer data. To get any faster via bluetooth you need 2.0 with EDR. My MacBook Pro has this but no mobile devices do yet. I tried an HTC TyTN with has bluetooth 2.0 but not EDR and the fastest I got from that was 350kbit/sec.

Edit: FYI, if anyone wants a better place to test speed than dslreports, which seems to have serious speed problems sometimes, I'd recommend http://infospeed.verizon.net/ .
    Last edited by bcaslis; 09/10/2006 at 01:02 PM.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Edit: FYI, if anyone wants a better place to test speed than dslreports, which seems to have serious speed problems sometimes, I'd recommend http://infospeed.verizon.net/ .
    A good recommendation, I use it as well.
    perhaps someone can tell us if they tried Style tap AND which apps it works with? i.e. Agendus, Chatter, Listpro, etc.

thanks
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Anyone try FlexMail 2007 or Verichat yet? If so how are they?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Agile Messenger is better than Verichat on WM. (I say this as a registered Verichat user)
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by cjfish View Post
    Replying from a macbook pro via bluetooth to a 700mx using usbModem

And they said it would not work with a mac!
    W00T!

Quote Originally Posted by gary_d View Post
    However, is there a way to somehow re-activate the touch screen while your on a phone call? I recently was talking on the phone, and had to refer to an email I had stored. I turned on the speakerphone via the soft-menu, and started the messages applet. However, the email I needed to refer to was in a different folder from the one that pocket outlook was showing me... and the only way to change FOLDERS (not accounts) is via the touch screen.
    I think you're out of luck on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by driven01 View Post
    Agile Messenger is better than Verichat on WM. (I say this as a registered Verichat user)
    I'm also a big fan of agile. Don't know how much it will cost once its out of beta, though.
    Treo 700wx Battery Drain: It would appear to me that the battery drain is due to the EVDO constantly staying connected. I don't sync with Exchange. Even when I force a disconnection it doesn't take long before it attempts to connect again. I have looked for EVDO connection preferences and there are none to be found (as of yet at least) that can control the connection duration if there is no activity. Here is what I do know: My battery life was was lasting less than 8 hours when I started using the phone, while my wife could get about 3 day's worth of power on her Treo 650p. Referring to these posts, I turned off Bluetooth and Wireless and it did make a significant impact, but not the comparable results I was looking for. Back to my theory on the EVDO; mine, for some reason, stopped working and I couldn't connect back to the Internet- However, because of this problem I saw my battery life extend and match that of the Treo 650p. I took it to a local Sprint store (always a pleasure to deal with Sprint customer service, as I am sure you all know) and they reset the phone for me. EVDO works again. I left the phone on when I went to bed Battery was at 91% and EVDO not connected. When I woke up, battery was at 53% and EVDO had been connected for 9 hours and 52 minutes (I slept well by the way). And finally one last observation; when I received the phone back after Sprint reset it I was able to pay attention to everything I did, tracing my steps to try and find the culprit. This time I noticed it wasn't until I configured my email on the phone that EVDO starting to connect to the Internet all the time. The thing is- my email is set to deliver email every 60 minutes, so what has been the rush to connect? Bottom line, unless someone can provide an answer, I think there is a glitch with the WM5.0 and/or the phone. I'll keep checking Palms web site for an update or fix Thanks for all the helpful posts.
    Dunno, I just ran 15 hours with push/exchange running the whole time. had a bunch of emails etc and was in a low signal area (sometimes no signal in certain parts of the building).

On a 2400mah battery I'm at 71% after all that. Couldn't be happier.

I did have worse battery life (though still very acceptable) until I releazied that my Newsbreak RSS program was auto-updating even though I thought I had disabled it.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    Anyone try FlexMail 2007 or Verichat yet? If so how are they?
    I use Verichat. Works fine for me...basically.

One weird quirk I noticed: on my 6700 I could minimize the program and bring it back up though a task manager. Now, it goes into the background and behaves more a like a Palm app: you have to relaunch it (though not really, part of it is in main memory) and let it reconnect. But the SMS part seems to work.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    I don't have any problems with my battery either, running push e-mail and POP3 auto-check every 45 mins. Can run 2 days on the OEM battery with no issues. Very happy overall!
    Does the wx ship with the cable (usb I think) necessary to hook the wx up to a laptop and be used via PAM? (I realize u need the PAM plan from Sprint) Has anyone used the WX as a PAM yet? How is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken817 View Post
    I think there is a glitch with the WM5.0 and/or the phone. I'll keep checking Palms web site for an update or fix Thanks for all the helpful posts.
    I dont know how much of a glitch it is, but WM5 intentionally defaults to staying connected all the time. Its not a bug, its a feature

Surur
    3 Simple questions...

1) How can I play mp4 file son the 700wx? They were fine on the 700p with Kinoma but Media Player doesn't seem to like them...

2) How do you do a Reboot without loading the startup programs and today plug ins in case of a problem? Is it Holding powerup button and resetting or something else... is there a way to do this in case of emergency?

3) How do you easily view .tsk Today theme files from your PC so you can easily see what you are installing?? I can not find a good viewer that actually works.. iks there a way to do this??

Thanks again

Mike
    Last edited by MikeRadio; 09/11/2006 at 03:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken817 View Post
    Treo 700wx Battery Drain: .... This time I noticed it wasn't until I configured my email on the phone that EVDO starting to connect to the Internet all the time. The thing is- my email is set to deliver email every 60 minutes, so what has been the rush to connect?
    See this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=123952. You may be experiencing the same issue I was. If that's the case, it might have the same solution. (If your email is POP instead of IMAP, still check what I described... I simply don't have a POP server set up to test against right now.)
    Quote Originally Posted by wxkid23 View Post
    Does the wx ship with the cable (usb I think) necessary to hook the wx up to a laptop and be used via PAM? (I realize u need the PAM plan from Sprint) Has anyone used the WX as a PAM yet? How is it?
    Yes. PDANet works very well, too. Last I checked, I saw between 400-800 kbps.
  17.    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio View Post
    1) How can I play mp4 file son the 700wx? They were fine on the 700p with Kinoma but Media Player doesn't seem to like them...
    I imagine you'd have to use TCPMP

2) How do you do a Reboot without loading the startup programs and today plug ins in case of a problem? Is it Holding powerup button and resetting or something else... is there a way to do this in case of emergency?
    Per Palm's Knowledge Base article, there doesn't seem to be a default way to do a "warm reset." I find this difficult to believe and will do more testing.

In the meantime, the *excellent* SPBPlus software has a feature built-in that gives you an option to boot in "safe mode" if it detect two resets that happen within a couple minutes of each other. I love this software.

3) How do you easily view .tsk Today theme files from your PC so you can easily see what you are installing?? I can not find a good viewer that actually works.. iks there a way to do this??
    Hm.. Don't know, would have to look into that. Hopefully one of our WM5 gurus can shed some light.
    Can you please test the following for me:

1. Skype? Hows the voice quality and latency? Does skype work with wifi as well?My concern is that the processor is 312hz and NOT 416.
    2. Can one use the camera with a biz card software like with other WM5 devices? www.penpower.net has a neat app for it.
    3. can one MMS and email voice notes and how... for you have written MMS doesnt work on Sprint
    Is there any way to use voice command over the 700wx? If you have a BT headset and buy Sprint's voice command service (how much is it anyway?) will it work? If not, is the voice dialing just done over the speakerphone and can it be done without purchasing Sprint's voice command service?

I see voice dialing is supported via the headset (which I take is cord) ... can you use this without charge from Sprint? And can you also voice dial via the speakerphone?
    Last edited by wxkid23; 09/11/2006 at 11:14 AM.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by athreya View Post
    Can you please test the following for me:

1. Skype? Hows the voice quality and latency? Does skype work with wifi as well?My concern is that the processor is 312hz and NOT 416.
    I haven't tested Skype yet, but there's a version for 312Mhz processors here: http://www.skype.com/download/skype/.../download.html

I've tested making calls, but not talking on it yet.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast