Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    Actually, the way that PIE handles scrolling and the address bar is a bit of a pain. If you have opt+send set to go to IE, hitting it while in IE will take you to the URL bar. Otherwise the annoying thing is that scrolling always goes through each link instead of the scroll down to scroll, scroll right to go though links on Blazer.
    I thought you could switch to "One-Column Mode" or something like that in PIE that would allow this functionality?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    I thought you could switch to "One-Column Mode" or something like that in PIE that would allow this functionality?
    Unfortunately, all one-column does is re-render stuff to make it less likely to require side-scrolling. It's my default browsing mode - but down still goes through each link.
    Actually, the way that PIE handles scrolling...is a bit of a pain. Otherwise the annoying thing is that scrolling always goes through each link instead of the scroll down to scroll, scroll right to go though links on Blazer.
    fyi, for those interested in the reg hack to change this behavior:

\HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Navigation\4-Way Nav = 0 (DWORD decimal)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    That changes it to be more like Blazer? Or does it just set it to scroll down using the up/down?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Or does it just set it to scroll down using the up/down?
    Up/down.

I think ReenSoft's http://www.reensoft.com/PIEPlus/
    does this (the blazer thing, not sure I haven't tired PIEPlus on here yet):

# Navigate link with D-Pad on WM2003 or above
    # Scroll by line or page with D-Pad on PPC2002 or above
    # Scroll by line or page with Jog Dial

and basically you can change between these on the fly.

Update: Just tried PIEPlus.

OMG it rules on the 700wx. It even works in full screen with AE Button Plus now. It's mad fast, scrolling is great: basically it goes "line by line" smooth scroll, if come to some links, you link jump...up down, left right.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 09/06/2006 at 04:09 PM.

I didn't get told anything about the glitch, but I was told by a rep that there wouldn't be any charges. I hesitated to put anything up in either of my reviews (or here, heck) because I figured it was too good to be true. if it is, then I'll do a little dance and change my attitude from the 700wx being better than the 700p for me to it being better period.
    So, your rep. told you the same thing about Vision services being sufficient, eh?

Interesting. Well, like you said, I guess we'll know the real deal once the bill comes in (assuming you don't pass out from shock, that is).
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I have 2 questions.. One is probably really really stupid as it's something I am obviously missing.

1. How do you underscore with the 700wx.. I can't sign into the forums here because I don't see how to do a "_"... I know I know.. Help me out

2. Does anybody know the screen size of the 700wx minus the bar at the top that has the Start button and the bar at the bottom that houses the softkey options. Basically the square in the middle. I want to make wallpapers that'll fit right in there.

I appreciate anybody's time in answering these for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Uneek
    2. Does anybody know the screen size of the 700wx minus the bar at the top that has the Start button and the bar at the bottom that houses the softkey options. Basically the square in the middle. I want to make wallpapers that'll fit right in there.
    240x190

Quote Originally Posted by J_Uneek View Post
    I have 2 questions.. One is probably really really stupid as it's something I am obviously missing.

1. How do you underscore with the 700wx.. I can't sign into the forums here because I don't see how to do a "_"... I know I know.. Help me out
    ALT- down on the D-pad once
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    240x190
    Thanks a million man..

Any takers on the underscore?
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    ALT- down on the D-pad once
    Excellent... Thanks a lot..
    For people who have link to link scrolling problems in PIE, try increasing the scroll rate in Start>Settings>Buttons>Up/Down control>Repeat rate to maximum. This way you get the advantage of rapid scrolling while still benefiting from the link to link scrolling.

Surur
    Here is probably an easy one.. but I can not find the answer anywhere

downloaded a larger pdf file that was attatched to an emaik. I was able to view it anbd all.

WHERE is it on the Device and HOW do I get rid of it?? I dont want it taking room up (my SD card isnt in yet).

I have no idea what folder or where the attahcments go.. in the manual it says they take up space and NOTHING about where to go to delete them.

BTW this is from a Microsfot Actrivesync exchange account (work)

Mike
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=septimus;1079251]I'll post a step-by-step in the wiki. Briefly, though, it sounds like you haven't installed the desktop client?
    QUOTE]

I could not find any desktop client on the software disk. Do you have a link to it, or am I just missing it? I'm really not this incompetent...I think!
    I have a bluetooth headset. On my old cheap LG phone I could it the button on the headset and say HOME it would dial home.
    Can I do this on my new 700wx? Or do i have to buy Voice command services from Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio View Post

downloaded a larger pdf file that was attatched to an emaik. I was able to view it anbd all.

WHERE is it on the Device and HOW do I get rid of it?? I dont want it taking room up (my SD card isnt in yet).

I have no idea what folder or where the attahcments go.. in the manual it says they take up space and NOTHING about where to go to delete them.

Mike
    My Device/Windows/ Messaging/Attachments. OR they will be on the storage card if thats what you selected in the pocket outlook options.
  17.    #117  
    there should be a folder in your My Documents folder called "inbox xxxxx" or somesuch. The other thing I'd try is using the "search" app and searching for pdf.

I'm not 100% on the file system yet, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by bmargolis View Post
    I could not find any desktop client on the software disk. Do you have a link to it, or am I just missing it? I'm really not this incompetent...I think!
    No, definitely not incompetent. It took me awhile too.

1) put in your Sprint Install disk that came with the 700x
    2) Open it and click "Add new programs to my desktop PC"
    3) Add Sprint's connection manager you must be online to do this.
    4) Voila

I have to amend my earlier statement - it's not perfect. Whenver I get to a dead site in firefox (i.e. by typing in a URL wrong) Sprint CM thinks that the failure to make a connection is because it isn't running and so it pops up and asks to connect. Annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by ramoska View Post
    I have a bluetooth headset. On my old cheap LG phone I could it the button on the headset and say HOME it would dial home.
    Can I do this on my new 700wx? Or do i have to buy Voice command services from Sprint.
    You'll have to buy voice command to do that. WM5 isn't capable of doing voice command over bluetooth.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts

Mike
    Do this:

1. Using Outlook on your PC, open the message.
    2. Right click on the attachment (save it first if you want) and select "Remove".
    3. Close the message - Outlook will ask if you want to save it - choose "Yes".

The next time it syncs with your device (which should be immediately if you're using direct push), it'll be gone from the message on your device.
    OK, what am I doing wrong? I tried PIEplus and it is great for scrolling, but if I set it scroll anyway other than like IE, I can't seem to select any links except with the stylus.

Is this how it works? It sounds like you are saying left and right will select a link. I can't seem to get that to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Up/down.

I think ReenSoft's http://www.reensoft.com/PIEPlus/
    does this (the blazer thing, not sure I haven't tired PIEPlus on here yet):

# Navigate link with D-Pad on WM2003 or above
    # Scroll by line or page with D-Pad on PPC2002 or above
    # Scroll by line or page with Jog Dial

and basically you can change between these on the fly.

Update: Just tried PIEPlus.

OMG it rules on the 700wx. It even works in full screen with AE Button Plus now. It's mad fast, scrolling is great: basically it goes "line by line" smooth scroll, if come to some links, you link jump...up down, left right.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Why does my 700wx automatically delete my email that comes through when I want it to stay there?