Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 165
  1. #21  
    septimus- from the today screen: go into menu-today settings like u tried. then there will be a TAB on the bottom that is labelled "search." wasn't on the 700w. from here you can choose between Sprint & Google.

    AKU 2.3+ are new updates Microsoft made to its OS. Palm then has to take that and customize it for their device, and also the CARRIERS specs to boot. that's why you will see updates in a pda before a smartphone. noy starting from scratch by any means, but still takes time. and considering that Palm is about to release its 3rd phone in 2 months (the GSM phone), I can't kill Palm for it. That's just my take on it. I can't wait for it though!
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    septimus- from the today screen: go into menu-today settings like u tried. then there will be a TAB on the bottom that is labelled "search." wasn't on the 700w. from here you can choose between Sprint & Google.
    Got it here, thanks! Updated the "first look" with that information.
  3. #23  
    Unfortunately it's not a modem script issue. The 700wx doesn't show any DUN service available via bluetooth. I have a feeling it's not there at all. On the Motorola Q, Verizon removed it but it could be reenabled via a registry setting. I think that's the only hope for the 700wx, but given that the 700w couldn't be modified this way I'm not hopeful.

    Quote Originally Posted by coorspate View Post
    try this modem script.

    http://www.box.net/public/zxjp6ummyz

    also check out this web page. got my sda w/ wm5 working.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  4.    #24  
    Out of curiosity, what do you folks get when you open the "My Treo" application?

    a HA - it works now!
  5. #25  
    OK, how on earth do you send a file via bluetooth? I've looked in both pictures & video and in File explorer. In those, send means send via email, and beam means IR. There's got to be a way to send a file via bluetooth, isn't there?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    OK, how on earth do you send a file via bluetooth? I've looked in both pictures & video and in File explorer. In those, send means send via email, and beam means IR. There's got to be a way to send a file via bluetooth, isn't there?
    The same beam page beans infra-red and bluetooth at the same time.

    Surur
  7. #27  
    Does the 700wx come with A2DP support out of the box?
  8. #28  
    Ah, OK. It first shows the IR, and a searching, I had assumed that the searching was searching for an IR signal. Completely intuitive, just like OK means Close.

    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    The same beam page beans infra-red and bluetooth at the same time.

    Surur
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  9. sbono13's Avatar
    Posts
    426 Posts
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    #29  
    Can you go to the Sprint homepage and download ringers, games, etc? As I understand it, older WinMob devices did not interface correctly with the Sprint over-the-air download store...
  10. #30  
    I have been trying for hours to Sync the phone with Activesyncc over bluetooth. I am able to get bluetooth to recognize a port... But when I go to COnnect with Bluetooth to sync it doesnt says it has no bluetoioth connection.. and activesync can not find th ephgone as well...

    What am I doing wrong? Does it have to do with COM port creation or something.. it was much eaiser and flawless on the 700P

    Thanks for the help.

    Mike
  11. #31  
    One last stupid windows mobile question, how do you erase or format an existing SD card? I've searched here and on google and the only replies/answers I see are "format the card". How? I can't find any option or anything to do this. The only thing I can find is to delete files in File Explorer, but I want to reformat the card. Easy in Palm OS, but I can't find anything here except to view the available space on the card.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  12. #32  
    Use your memory card reader?

    Surur
  13. #33  
    So let me get this straight, on the device itself there is no way to:

    a.) Erase an SD card?
    b.) Edit categories in Contacts?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    One last stupid windows mobile question, how do you erase or format an existing SD card? I've searched here and on google and the only replies/answers I see are "format the card". How? I can't find any option or anything to do this. The only thing I can find is to delete files in File Explorer, but I want to reformat the card. Easy in Palm OS, but I can't find anything here except to view the available space on the card.
    When I stuck the card in, I got a window asking if I wanted to format the card, it just popped up. So it does it automatically if it needs it. I assume there is a way to do it manually.

    I generally do all my SD card maintence via my PC/card reader anyways.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    b.) Edit categories in Contacts?
    This it can do of course. Are you having a problem?

    Surur
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    The "memory" is the same, where memory is "user usable," or basically for file storage. The RAM is increased, about tripled, for multitasking.

    There is no threaded sms or Sprint TV. I'mn not saying the brochure is wrong, but the 700wx DOES NOT have threaded SMS or Sprint TV. You make your own judgement on the brochure

    Just FYI- The Sprint 700wx is almost exactly the same as the 700w. Except the memory, which is obvious, and some other subtle differences:

    -No MMS, This baffles me, but true nonetheless
    -The today screen search now has an option of either Google or Palm search.
    -There's an option in Programs to allow you to switch the CPU conection from USB serial or USB RNDIS. No idea what this means.
    -I found a new program on the device called "on demand," butit turned out to be "handmark express" with a few bells and whistles. Its free, but so is express now.
    I find the system volume (ringers, system sounds) to be a little louder now. Not much, but enough to notice.
    free with the exception of movie times!
  17. #37  
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Unfortunately it's not a modem script issue. The 700wx doesn't show any DUN service available via bluetooth. I have a feeling it's not there at all. On the Motorola Q, Verizon removed it but it could be reenabled via a registry setting. I think that's the only hope for the 700wx, but given that the 700w couldn't be modified this way I'm not hopeful.
    have you tried pdanet? several people have had success with the verizon version and pdanet.
  19. #39  
    I don't see a way. If I make a new contact and click on categories, it gives me a list of the existing ones. I don't see a way to add a category or delete a category in the contacts app.

    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    This it can do of course. Are you having a problem?

    Surur
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  20. #40  
    Thanks but doesn't help on a Mac. I'm surprised that most other WM5 devices have this built-in but doesn't seem present on the 700w/700wx at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by coorspate View Post
    have you tried pdanet? several people have had success with the verizon version and pdanet.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions