Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anybody know how long it takes a phone to show up on the SERO website after it is released?

Thanks
    Ryan
    Quote Originally Posted by aztalon View Post
    Does anybody know how long it takes a phone to show up on the SERO website after it is released?

Thanks
    Ryan

I am wondering the same thing.
    I believe sept 15th they will offer it through SERO. One recommendation I could make is do not buy the 700P and expect them to take an exchange for the 700wx even if it would occur under their 30 day return policy. I have been battling with the sero website to trade in my 2 week old Treo700p for the 700wx, but they claim that since they did not sell the 700wx yet, I would only be able to exchange my phone for a phone which was out at the time of purchase through their website.

The fastest option right now would be to sign up with a new plan at a sprint store and then call up customer service to switch you over to a SERO plan.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by linxcod View Post
    I believe sept 15th they will offer it through SERO. One recommendation I could make is do not buy the 700P and expect them to take an exchange for the 700wx even if it would occur under their 30 day return policy. I have been battling with the sero website to trade in my 2 week old Treo700p for the 700wx, but they claim that since they did not sell the 700wx yet, I would only be able to exchange my phone for a phone which was out at the time of purchase through their website.

The fastest option right now would be to sign up with a new plan at a sprint store and then call up customer service to switch you over to a SERO plan.
    Sept 15 is passed and there is no 700wx on the sero website yet. when will the 700wx be really available on sero website?

i heard ppl ordered the sero with 700p and call back to switch to 700wx with no problem so ... i might do the samething.. coz i'm tired of waiting for wx.
    Does anyone know exactly when the 700wx is gonna be on ther sero website? The CS rep for Inphonics said that the only people that knew were the corperate people casue they make the decision. I'm trying to switch from Nextel to Sprint and get the 700wx but I've had no luck so far getting it with the Sero plan. I'm getting real impatient!
    Quote Originally Posted by linxcod View Post

I tried that too with the SERO retailer, but that's not the right way to go. I ordered the 700p on the 1st of September. I think it was the 2nd that the wx came out (or something really close like that). They told me they would not exchange the p for the wx since it wasn't available when I ordered it. They would rather have me return it for a complete refund. But a polite call to Sprint retentions and the CS told me she would be happy to perform a 30 day exchange. While it wasn't as smooth as I would have hoped, in the end, I got my exchange kit and a brand new wx (for the same price as the p!).

Rundown on how it worked for me: Order 700p from SERO website. Call SPRINT (not the SERO retailer), say CANCEL, get connected to Retentions. Politely explain your situation (you ordered the 700p, but you really want the functionality of the 700wx, you really like Sprint and your great rate plan, and would appreciate it if they could help you out.). I was really, really nice to her.
    Is there a price difference between the 700p and the 700wx when you return the 700p for the 700wx?
    Well i ordered my 700p on the sero website and it is suppose to be here in like 2 days. Hopefully when i comes I can call CS and get an exchange for the WX and port my number from my nextel to the 700. Has anyone been denied this request from CS yet and what was the reason. Wish me luck.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Squobug View Post
    Well i ordered my 700p on the sero website and it is suppose to be here in like 2 days. Hopefully when i comes I can call CS and get an exchange for the WX and port my number from my nextel to the 700. Has anyone been denied this request from CS yet and what was the reason. Wish me luck.
    they said...sero plan doesn't offer 700wx
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I had to talk to about 5 different reps before they finally traded in my PPC-6700 that I got from the SERO website for the 700wx. I finally got it through retentions. They'll give you a hard time, but it can be done. They eventually did it for me when I told them my 30 days was ending before the SERO site got the 700wx.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    I think it will be available soon.

I ordered my dad a ppc-6700 from the sero site, even though i told him i was ditching mine for a 700wx and he should just get the 700p, and try and exchange it. Anyway, phone comes and he doesnt like it really as the screen was hard on his eyes, and he found it complicated to do simple things on it, like make calls.

I call and get retentions, and am told that all he would need to pay is $50, the difference in the retail prices, and i could exchange, but that i would either need to pay retail for the 700wx, then send my dads ppc-6700 back and get a reimbursed once they get the 6700 back. I said just send the box, and i'll send the phone back first. Dad said he'll pay for the phone first, so hes not without his phone. I call back and get a whole different story. Lady said that i paid $319 for the 6700, so i would pay the difference between that and $499 for the 700wx blah blah blah, so i said forget it, i'll think about it. She gave me the number to employee accts if i wanted to try them. I did.

I told them the deal, and after putting me on hold, he came back and said no problem, all i need to pay him is $30, and they'll send out the 700w as its $349, which is the same price as the 700p, so i thought he was just confused since the 700wx isnt on their site. I said "are you sure its the 700wx and not the 700p". He said "yeah, let me pull it up. Yep, i have both in the system, they're the same price, except the 700wx has windows on it".

So if its in their system for the $349, then they must be planning on putting it on the site soon.

Oh yeah, this was just this past Sunday too.
    Sorry guys and gals, forgive my ignorance, but what does SERO stand for? I work for the government and all those acronyms make my head spin. Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Sprint Employee Referral Offer

Does it worry anyone else this has been getting so much publicity in the forum lately? I am glad I am already on it, because I could see it going away very soon...just doesn't make sense business-wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor View Post
    Sprint Employee Referral Offer

Does it worry anyone else this has been getting so much publicity in the forum lately? I am glad I am already on it, because I could see it going away very soon...just doesn't make sense business-wise.
    Yeah, im glad im on it, and i got my parents on it. I see it going very soon and them sticking to employees putting friends/family on their account. As long as they keep bring out decent pocket pcs, i dont see me needing to leave sprint. You can beat the sero plan. I think the just need the subscribers right now so they dont really care. Once they start getting the razrs, q's, slvrs, etc, and ppl start flocking to sprint (hopefully), i think they'll dump the sero plan.
    I emailed to sign up for a SERO plan and they said that they need a guys email address to sign me up. I know one...but the guy don't know me. So did you all know the Sprint guy/girl you used? Also, they told me I'd have to change my number. Did all of you have to change your number too?

Thanks,
    Ryan
    Check out my app PodSnatcher or on PreCentral.net
    I got my treo 700 wx with sero plan a week after it was release. I did not go thru sero website, I simply called the sprint provided number for company discount.I ask the lady for treo 700wx , she say they have it.Then I ask for SERO plan instead of mycompany discount , she checked the computer and told me I can get SERO plan with my phone.Got the phone in a week. Checked my account, and there it is unlimited vision, free nights and weekends, fair and flexible plan 500 minutes for 30 a month. She did not even ask for an email.

Please post if you have success with this method.

I'm a new sprint customer from verizon.
    Anyone else have a success story?
    I'm a new customer looking to buy this phone through SERO (but can't, obviously).
    Should I order the P phone, wait for it to get here and then request for the WX. Or right after I order the phone, call Sprint CS and tell them I want the WX?
    Help. Thanks.
    Yesterday I went to a local Sprint store in lower manhattan. I purchased the 700wx for 399 after rebates(not including the kelloggs or amazon one) and signed up for the 39.99 fair and flexible plan with 6pm nights 10.00, power vision plus 20.00 and unlimited texts 15.00. When I got home I called customer service at least 10 times and finally someone was able to switch me to the Sero plan. Now I have the 49.99 sero plan with free power vision,unilimited texts 15.00, 6pm nights 10.00, and equiptment protection 6.00. Just keep calling until you get someone who will change it to the Sero plan for you. IT CAN BE DONE. PS the 700wx so far is a great phone. I debated for a month between the 700p and 700wx. I finally decided on the wx because WM5 is what I am accustomed to and Ive read to many posts about the 700P being kind of unstable. Good luck in your SERO quest.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duken2389 View Post
    I got my treo 700 wx with sero plan a week after it was release. I did not go thru sero website, I simply called the sprint provided number for company discount.I ask the lady for treo 700wx , she say they have it.Then I ask for SERO plan instead of mycompany discount , she checked the computer and told me I can get SERO plan with my phone.Got the phone in a week. Checked my account, and there it is unlimited vision, free nights and weekends, fair and flexible plan 500 minutes for 30 a month. She did not even ask for an email.

Please post if you have success with this method.

I'm a new sprint customer from verizon.
    I did this very thing last night. It worked like a charm!! Two new 700wx's. Two new SERO plans.
    Ok, so for those of you who were able to do this what number did you guys call? I attemtpted this yesterday, but the rep who answered the phone was truly clueless.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast