Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a 700p, and as we all know, there are some significant BT issues. How is the BT on the 700wx - are there any issues with connection constantly dropping or poor sound quality as with the 700p?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=123285 my review

If youre talking bluetooth headsets, it always depends on what headset. I have a discovery 640, one of the more expensive higher rated ones, but bluetooth on the 700p sucked for me. On the 700wx its LOUD i mean on the 700p at full volume could barely hear, on this my headset is 2 or 3 clicks from max volume, were talking a big difference. Bluetooth so far seems a lot more stable as well havent had it drop

Id suggest take you BT headset to a Spint store and pair it with a display model and make a call and youll see the differnce for yourself
  3.    #3  
    Interesting! How about the BT connection being dropped between the treo and headset?
    havent experienced it yet but cant say 100% yes or no yet. Remember the windows version unlike palm can multitask so i dont see it dropping the connection, havent experienced it yet
    My Sony HBH-610a finally works with this phone. Even when the earpiece goes into a sleep mode, when I make a call, it wakes up and immediately is accessed. It hasn't dropped yet unlike with my 700p.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I find that connections are reliable and constant but range could be much better (range is also not great on the 700p and 700w). I get 10 to 15 feet at best before hearing breakup with a variety of current BT headsets.
    Lisa G.
    Editor in Chief
    www.MobileTechReview.com
    my in car bluetooth unit on my chrysler 300 paired perfectly and was flawless on my treo 700p. I just got the 700wx today and it paired but I constantly drop connection mid-call. it drops the connection and I get no sound on the handset for a few seconds. then the sound returns on the headset.
    I have a 2006 Prius.

With my 650: BT worked fine, people could hear me clearly, signal meter worked while battery meter didn't

With my 700p: BT worked but everyone who i spoke to said they could barely hear me. Signal meter worked while battery meter didn't. The palm website said it's not compatible with the prius. WHY would they have it working with the 650 but then NOT WORKING with the 700p? Also, every incoming call, the prius would display the caller ID of my wife's cell. No matter who called. You can imagine the embarrasment of a few "baby talk" answers.

With my 700wx: BT works great, everyone can hear me clearly again. No signal or battery meter, i can live with that for a clear call.
    Looks like I'm going to have to buy a Prius to keep this 700wx. I can't believe I am happy with everything about the 700wx except the one area which the 700p excelled. I must fix this bluetooth connection and keep it stable.
    Quote Originally Posted by linxcod View Post
    Looks like I'm going to have to buy a Prius to keep this 700wx. I can't believe I am happy with everything about the 700wx except the one area which the 700p excelled. I must fix this bluetooth connection and keep it stable.
    For anyone having problems with BT and your car (or anything else) you have to try JetWare Hands-free Extension Support: it should fix most problems in this area and is highly recommended.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Does the Wx profile BT headsets as "hands free" devices or "headset"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaflyer View Post
    Does the Wx profile BT headsets as "hands free" devices or "headset"?
    The Treo supports headset, handsfree, serial port (used for GPS) and HID (keyboards and mice) profiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    The Treo supports headset, handsfree, serial port (used for GPS) and HID (keyboards and mice) profiles.
    Are you referring to the Treo 700Wx or Treos in general? My BT510 is a "hands free" device on my 700W, BUT was a "headset" on all of my Moto phones. I believe if it were profiled as a "headset", we might get some wired headset functionality such as alerts and alarms thru the HS. I could be wrong, but I'd sure like to find out.
    I got that a from a review of the 700wx. So it could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by linxcod View Post
    my in car bluetooth unit on my chrysler 300 paired perfectly and was flawless on my treo 700p. I just got the 700wx today and it paired but I constantly drop connection mid-call. it drops the connection and I get no sound on the handset for a few seconds. then the sound returns on the headset.

I am having a issue in my 06 gs300 with random disconnects... it will work fine if I get right on the phone when my car establishes the connection, but if I dont use the phone 5 minutes after startup in the car.. the phone will just disconnect from the car and never notifies me of it.. my ppc-6700 worked great, so I am begining to think this is a palm issue and not a lexus issue, seeing lexus says the 700w is a compatible handset.
    Yea it is a palm issue. I was hoping for the microsoft bluetooth stack to have a fix since the bluetooth hardware on the 700p and 700wx are the same. Very annoying to have the same phone with a little bit more memory and windows ruin the hands free car bluetooth system.

An updater for the bluetooth unit in the car, or an updater for the bluetooth stack on the treo700wx is the only way we will get a fix. Since I use the phone to talk a lot I'm just not sure whether to go back to the 700p since bluetooth works great with car handsfree or hold out for a fix and keep the better device (700wx)
    You might want to check out JETware's handsfree bt extension.

http://www.jetwaremobile.com/index.htm

It is actively supported so if you have a particular issue you want fixed it may be the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    You might want to check out JETware's handsfree bt extension.

http://www.jetwaremobile.com/index.htm

It is actively supported so if you have a particular issue you want fixed it may be the way to go.
    tried it and it doesnt fix my problem.
    everyone should get a Parrot3400, it works GREAT in the car, and lets me use TomTom and conduct a BT conversation at the same time... I love it, also allows voice dialing!
    I recently started getting my headset to drop the connection, like it did with the 700p. However, I don't think it's the headset.

When I go into Settings and look at under Bluetooth, it shows that the boxes for turning on the Bluetooth radio are not checked. Once I check them and hit ok, if I go back into that same screen, they are not checked.

So, I tried syncing my headset (my computer's bluetooth radio is in the same room and can be seen), and after about 1 min of searching, I get a pop up, "Problem with Bluetooth Hardware." Any thoughts? I'd hate to go and exchange it, but at the same time, while I'm under my 30 days, why not? Thanks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast