Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    I recently started getting my headset to drop the connection, like it did with the 700p. However, I don't think it's the headset.

When I go into Settings and look at under Bluetooth, it shows that the boxes for turning on the Bluetooth radio are not checked. Once I check them and hit ok, if I go back into that same screen, they are not checked.

So, I tried syncing my headset (my computer's bluetooth radio is in the same room and can be seen), and after about 1 min of searching, I get a pop up, "Problem with Bluetooth Hardware." Any thoughts? I'd hate to go and exchange it, but at the same time, while I'm under my 30 days, why not? Thanks.
    I went the other day to get a brand new one from Sprint after this issue. At first, Sprint tried to charge me tax difference because I bought it in the burbs where the sales tax was 7.5%, and I returned it for an exchange in the city which is 9%. I said I thought that was whack, and the manager came over and overrode the system so I wasn't charged.

Anywho...I fully tested the new 700wx before I left the store, and no bluetooth problems. That's one reason I prefer buying in a store vs. online with Palm. I wasn't without my phone more than 10 minutes. And thanks to the backup software, I was up and running in less than 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by tekietreo View Post
    I am having a issue in my 06 gs300 with random disconnects... it will work fine if I get right on the phone when my car establishes the connection, but if I dont use the phone 5 minutes after startup in the car.. the phone will just disconnect from the car and never notifies me of it.. my ppc-6700 worked great, so I am begining to think this is a palm issue and not a lexus issue, seeing lexus says the 700w is a compatible handset.
    Having the same issues with a Lexus vehicle. Worked great with the 650 from sprint and now we upgraded to the 700wx and it disconnects after 5-10 minutes.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I too have a GS 300 & have the same problem. I cannot believe it because the 650 was PERFECT. We need to get this fixed!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sjo99 View Post
    I too have a GS 300 & have the same problem. I cannot believe it because the 650 was PERFECT. We need to get this fixed!!!!
    Same problems here... same vehicle, same phone, same issues.

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeladisky View Post
    Same problems here... same vehicle, same phone, same issues.

L
    my solution was I ditched the 700wx for a Q with sprint, and bluetooth works flawlessly..
    Quote Originally Posted by winter720 View Post
    everyone should get a Parrot3400, it works GREAT in the car, and lets me use TomTom and conduct a BT conversation at the same time... I love it, also allows voice dialing!
    I have a CK3200 and it doesn't work anywhere near pefectly. 50% of the time the bluetooth on my phone turns itself off. So when I start the car it doesn't connect.

Sometimes even with the bluetooth on the phone doesn't actually connect and I have to refresh the profile in the bluetooth screen. Sometimes the kit cycles between connected and disconnected on a trip.

On the 30% of the time that things get connected properly when I start the car it works great. But usually I have to futz with the phone or the kit to get things going.

My Cingular 3125 as well as my Blackberry work pefectly.
    BT on the 700wx is much better than BT on the 700p.

Now if you compare it to other phones, it may not be as good.

But for sync and file xfer, the 700wx BT works super.
    any of you toyota /lexus ppl get your 700wx working? I have a 2004 prius which worked with my 650. Same symptoms as you guys on the 700wx.

I will paypal $5 to anyone who can provide the solution!
    I had trouble beaming contacts to my Prius from my Treo 700 wx. Outlook likes to have the phone numbers (xxx) xxx-xxxx and the Prius wants no area code (xxx-xxxx) or perhaps 1 then the area code might work.

Took me a while until my daughter entered her new number directly into my phone (without area code) and it beamed to the Prius fine.

Just paying it forward...
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    I recently started getting my headset to drop the connection, like it did with the 700p. However, I don't think it's the headset.

When I go into Settings and look at under Bluetooth, it shows that the boxes for turning on the Bluetooth radio are not checked. Once I check them and hit ok, if I go back into that same screen, they are not checked.

So, I tried syncing my headset (my computer's bluetooth radio is in the same room and can be seen), and after about 1 min of searching, I get a pop up, "Problem with Bluetooth Hardware." Any thoughts? I'd hate to go and exchange it, but at the same time, while I'm under my 30 days, why not? Thanks.
    Mine does the exact same thing. There is another thread about blue tooth dropping, and it sounds like this is a common issue. I don't believe a phone swap will fix it, but I might try.
    etreoj - i don't really care about transfering numbers from the phone book. I can't keep the treo 700wx connected to the prius. It will connect when the car first starts but then I lose it and cannot restore it until the next time the car is started again. If I make a call right when i get in the car, it will work but after the get off the call, if there is some period of inactivity, the connection is lost again.

I installed Jetware and re-paired the phone to car and it still doesn't work.

PLEASE HELP!!!!
    Sorry pshady I haven't a problem so far...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12