Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ok, i don't have mine yet but i know a few of you have got them at your local stores today or will get them tomorrow. for the first few days, lets put it all together here for some to show off there wx and others to ask questions.

let me be first to ask the biggies...

1) does it have teather text messaging?

2) does it picture mail?

3) sprint tv?

4) one handed access to email folders?

there has been many leaks of imformation on these subjects, both saying yes and no. the moment of truth has arrived. we now can find our answers.

thanks, cody

ps: if you don't have the phone, don't answer the questions. we've had weeks of that already.

most of all.. tell us how you like it.
    Last edited by codyppc; 09/01/2006 at 09:05 PM.
    I want to thank Cody for all is help. I just got off the phone with retentions and they ordered mine. I got my order # and they gave me an unbeleivable price. Thanks so muxh Cody!!!!
    Jimmie Geddes
    Most of the questions have been confirmed as i have has my 700wx today. Check the blog at shadowmite.com for most the info. Video is coming soon. Just editing it
    No picture mail or sprint tv. No threaded SMS but you can get it from a WM5 verizon program.

Not sure how to do a tethered sms but now that I'm home I'll take some pics and load programs and answer what you want.

Just give me a minute or two to get rolling.
    Took this from my other post in another thread:

A few observations so far

1. Phone is far superior in ring and ear speaker volume when compared to the 6700. Call quality on both ends is better.

2. voice command is included.

3. Screen is very bright I was out in the sun and at 1/2 brightness and it is extremly visable. Much better than the 6700 although smaller.

3. Been playing on the net a lot and battery life seems great so far. Again better than the 6700.

4. Signal strength is also better. I get about 1 or 2 bars more signal on average.

5. #777 vision connection takes a little longer than on my 6700 but otherwise speeds feel about the same. formating is also the same.
  6.    #6  
    well i to just got back from a little trip to my local sprint store. i just recieved the wx my self. to add to what other have posted.

1) there is a break in the evdo connection to allow incomming calls.

2) at least on my phone, i have what the ppc6700 users called the "delayed ring tone" bug. it's when you take a land line and call your cell, you hear 2 or 3 rings before your cell starts ringing. this makes to many calls go to voice mail. the fix is with changing the slot cycle index. this requires your msl #.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    No threaded SMS but you can get it from a WM5 verizon program.
    hello, this is the second time I have read reference to this. I couldn't locate it at pdaphonehome, could you post a link?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey View Post
    hello, this is the second time I have read reference to this. I couldn't locate it at pdaphonehome, could you post a link?
    i think he keeps talking about picture mail or mms. i'll post link in a bit to that.
  9.    #9  
    picture mail http://ppc6700users.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=115 this i a site for pp6700. same carrier and same os. it should work.
    Naa its threaded sms I'll try and get the link for ya. Intalling crap to my WX now so it iwll be a few.
    Yeah, dunno why he keeps getting that wrong. There is NO threaded-SMS that can be taken from Verizon. None.

Here is the link for how to get picturemail though for those interested...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Naa its threaded sms I'll try and get the link for ya. Intalling crap to my WX now so it iwll be a few.
    There is Blade's SMS program but that is not from Verizon....

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Totally sorry, my brain is fried its picture mail not threaded sms I was confusing Blade's and Verizon's picture mail. Totally my fault I was incorrect I was confusing the two programs.
    is this the prtogram that you mean Aridon? http://www.trianglepowers.com/ppc6700/ViewApp.aspx?ID=7
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  15.    #15  
    just thought i would be the first to say " i really like this phone."

i had the ppc6700 for 6 months before i went to the treo 700p.

it like both phone all rolled into one. not perfect but the best i've had so far.
    is this the prtogram that you mean Aridon? http://www.trianglepowers.com/ppc6700/ViewApp.aspx?ID=7
    Yah, for some reason the good picture mail app from Verizon stuck in my pea brain and I got the two confused.
    to those people who have them

where did u guys get them
    and how are you guys getting a good deal?????
    I got mine from the local sprint store that got them in today.

No special deal I paid full price and as a business customer I get $150 perr line of service to extend my contract. They'll credit my sprint account and I won't have to pay my bill for a few months.
    In order:

1.) No
    2.) No
    3.) No
    4.) No

FYI, it also doesn't seem to support AAC ringtones (which the 700p does). It does accept MP3, midi, wave fine though.

Seems very much like the Verizon 700w with more memory, On demand and ModemLink applications. Boy is that On demand a pig. Takes a long time to install and it can't seem to get any weather for zip code.

Edit: FYI for those looking Hillsboro OR had 1, Tigard OR had 3 (now 2).

Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    ok, i don't have mine yet but i know a few of you have got them at your local stores today or will get them tomorrow. for the first few days, lets put it all together here for some to show off there wx and others to ask questions.

let me be first to ask the biggies...

1) does it have teather text messaging?

2) does it picture mail?

3) sprint tv?

4) one handed access to email folders?

there has been many leaks of imformation on these subjects, both saying yes and no. the moment of truth has arrived. we now can find our answers.

thanks, cody

ps: if you don't have the phone, don't answer the questions. we've had weeks of that already.

most of all.. tell us how you like it.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Got mine at the Sprint Store on Queens Blvd. The gentleman told me they didn't have any. I said "are you suuuuuuure? Austin St has them, I called yest." He went and checked and he had them. The woman that took care of me said the same, then after SHE went and checked she called 2 people to tell them "we have the 700w." Classic!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast