1.    #1  
    than the 700p.....haven't seen this since the launch of the P

go WM!
    ya baby, i saw that too. the numbers for the 700w have been down for a long time. i sure there going to be up for a while. if not for a long while.
    I smell a 700wx
    yeh 700wx has a lot of buzz going since the extra memory more people willing to try windows i think now
    Heh. Count me as somebody who's spending a heckuva lot more time here lately.
    Me too, even though I LOVE my Treo 700p Something about Windows Mobile running on a Treo made by Palm on Sprint with their cheap data plans, and a better phone that Verizon's 700w has me interested
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I'm interested as well but 1 thing is bugging me - how could I m:e a switch and actually have a lower screen resolution? That is one of the biggest problems with entertaining usong the 700wx over the 700p. Also the loss of Chatter would be nearly unthinkable, although I'm fairly certain I could get used to pocket Outlook very quickly. The biggest plus for me is the stability of the Windows Mobile 5.0 os overthe Palm OS. Few resets, general stability, multi-tasking, I must be dreaming...
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    I just about had it with my 700p BT and lack of Sling. To learn on the WM is my goal but also considering a Moto Q.
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo View Post
    I'm interested as well but 1 thing is bugging me - how could I m:e a switch and actually have a lower screen resolution? That is one of the biggest problems with entertaining usong the 700wx over the 700p. Also the loss of Chatter would be nearly unthinkable, although I'm fairly certain I could get used to pocket Outlook very quickly. The biggest plus for me is the stability of the Windows Mobile 5.0 os overthe Palm OS. Few resets, general stability, multi-tasking, I must be dreaming...
    Honestly, of sll the 700w issues (low memory, no ad2p etc..), the most overrated one IMHO is the 240*240. IMHO it looks just fine. I watch videos and they look great. In effect, just as good as the 6700, which has 320*240 but the 700w screen is smaller sothe resolution QUALITY is really the same. Of course not as good as 700p 320*320, but seems just fine to me.

Anyway, just go test the phone yourself and see if it is a big deal for you. For me, the only real issue with WM 240*240 is there are less software apps then 240*320, but there is still plenty for almost any multimedia or utility use, just not nearly as many games.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    That is the biggest catch for me too at the moment too is the 240x240 3rd party software support. I know by now that a huge chunk of software does support it now, but you just cannot buy any WM software and expect it to work on the 700w or wx.
    true but theres a ton of links on here and pdaphonehome id guess you can get a lot of stuff the 700w is a pretty popular phone now and prob will be more so when sprint has it too, prob more software to come
    I also find it interesting that after SOOOO many years of asking for and promises of WiFi then only support of Wifi, etc..., and with so many of the competion offering it, that Palm still has not add this.
  13.    #13  
    that's pretty simple Hobbes....it's because they either a) truly don't care OR b) demographic/marketing studies say they don't need to, and the marginal $ spent doing so doesn't meet certain financial investment metrics.

maybe a combination of both?

this phone will sell to those who needed the marginal memory, and i believe that to be a decent percentage of prior users. the question is: can they somehow get those individuals back to buy the latest and greatest NEW phone?

time will tell
    Last edited by oalvarez; 09/02/2006 at 11:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    Me too, even though I LOVE my Treo 700p Something about Windows Mobile running on a Treo made by Palm on Sprint with their cheap data plans, and a better phone that Verizon's 700w has me interested
    Jimmie, are you going to jump for a trial, I am very tempted. The guy in my local store has reserved one for me which I may pick up on monday!
  15.    #15  
    ^can't u do this on your own? it's a pda for christ's sake! oh my!