1.    #1  
    Is there currently a WIFI card that is compatible to the Treo 700w that dosent stick out of the top so far??

I realize that the Socket Go Wi-Fi card isnt as tall as Palm's.. But are there any plans to make one that is flush with the top of the Treo? The only reason i have not bought one of these cards yet is because of that..

What would be the ultimate is a SD Memory/WIFI card - and yes i know there has been one in the past but it wont work with the Treo..

Does anyone know the answer?

Thanks!
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    eyefi is the only one I know of.
  3.    #3  

The EyeFi 802.11g SD card will prove to be a revolution when it becomes compatible with the wide range of smartphones from Treo, PDA, and the gamut of devices out there that have an SD memoryEyeFi_WiFi_SD_Card.jpg card slot.
    Pros : Brings WiFi connectivity to digital cameras with similar potential to compatible devices that has an SD card slot

Cons : Final specification might rule PDAs and smartphone compatibility out
    From a website...
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112 View Post
    From a website...
    Yes I know, I was pointing out that it is the only one I know of that is mem/wifi and small. Why do think there was so much buzz around here at first?
  5.    #5  
    I'd take just a WIFI card (without Memory) as long as it didnt stick out the top.. Is there are least one of those?
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I'd take just a WIFI card (without Memory) as long as it didnt stick out the top.. Is there are least one of those?
    I ordered the Socket e300, it doesn't stick out very far at all.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Maybe you could get a Mini-SD wifi card and an SD card adapter for it? There are plenty of SD wifi cards here, http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...oogle&ct=title , Enjoy and let us know if you find what you want.
  8.    #8  
    Maybe you could get a Mini-SD wifi card and an SD card adapter for it? There are plenty of SD wifi cards here, http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...oogle&ct=title , Enjoy and let us know if you find what you want.
    Actually... I do use a Mini SD memory card already with a SD adapter so one of these: http://www.mobileplanet.com/product....artner=froogle
    would work nicely!! Great Idea!!
    I'm just worried that it wouldnt be compatible.. Any thoughts?
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Actually... I do use a Mini SD memory card already with a SD adapter so one of these: http://www.mobileplanet.com/product....artner=froogle
    would work nicely!! Great Idea!!
    I'm just worried that it wouldnt be compatible.. Any thoughts?
    I would not see why not.
  10.    #10  
    I would not see why not.
    I just realized that this card is not a true Mini SD card.. For some reason its not the same size as a normal Mini SD Card...

What's up with that??!!
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    just to let you guys know. i purchased the socket e300 and it does not support WPA security. i even had troubles connect to WEP sometimes. yes, the socket has the lowest profile, but if you want stability then get the palm wifi card. i plan on modding my palm wifi card one day. as soon as i can get my hands on a software that completely turns off the wifi on reboots