Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I think we can now officially called this as delyed. All main departments that would be in the loop- reg telesales, business telesales, CS, retentions, no one knows any dates. Bus. telesales just said its not even in their system and should be mid-Sept. now was delayed even though the launch materials were out there already. This is some !#%@#$%$
    Last edited by Dieter Bohn; 08/31/2006 at 09:24 AM. Reason: langauge
    Well if it was because of some issue, better they work it out BEFORE it's released. I think the WX is really cool too, and if I could stand Sprint again, I'd be in line!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Is it really "delayed" though? I never heard SPRINT give an official release date, and I'm sorry but "a business rep told me on the phone" is not OFFICIAL. Concrete proof that this device even exists only came out a week or two ago.
  4.    #4  
    well figured since verizon had the phone for months they had plenty of time to work out bugs and considering a Palm store rep had the boxed unites in stock 1.5 weeks ago and posted pics on Sprintusers that they would release this week so I dont see how they are still correcting issues if stores have taken stock. What a mess Sprint makes

Well anther business telesales rep checked and had the same answer as before mid-Sept. so much for getting that one this week....

Printed launch materials all said business customers 8/31 and reg customers 9.3 but now its mid-september in an offical email sent to out the telesales rep just told me. Mid-Sept release now but "could" be sooner. Didnt have a new specific date
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Simmer and let stew for a few hours.
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo View Post
    Well if it was because of some issue, better they work it out BEFORE it's released. I think the WX is really cool too, and if I could stand Sprint again, I'd be in line!
    Lady, you coming back to the Treo crowd again?
    I wouldn't say it's really delayed. There was never an "official announcement" from Palm. I was told 8/31 even told that today, but there was also the 9/3 date as well. I think Palm would have to make an official announcement before we can call it delayed, and they haven't even said it exists. We know it does, and we also have the pleasure/frustration of finding out information we're not really intended to find out which makes this seem "delayed". I know this sux, but we never got anything "official".
    Jimmie Geddes
    If it doesn't happen today, Palm is known for midnight launches Sunday into Monday.
    Jimmie Geddes
    This is interesting.

http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmad..._user_gui.html

I write for PalmAddict and just noticed it. I know Palm has a great relationship with PalmAddict, and Palm did contact PalmAddict about the 700wx. I'll see if I can find anything out. 700p all over again,lol.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes View Post
    This is interesting.

http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmad..._user_gui.html

I write for PalmAddict and just noticed it. I know Palm has a great relationship with PalmAddict, and Palm did contact PalmAddict about the 700wx. I'll see if I can find anything out. 700p all over again,lol.
    Curious on what Jim Christenesen had to say about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Lady, you coming back to the Treo crowd again?

I'm still using the 650. I just defected to other phones for my additional lines. Still a Treo lover though! I wish the GSM versions would be made available sooner!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...32#post1075732

See post #84... you all heard it here first. "Delayed" is the word the CSR used (may not mean a thing). I'm as anxious for the 700wx as anyone, but I don't think this is any big deal. Keep digging... keep the info coming.

Todd/Indy
    UMMM....my store has had them in since yesterday, so i don't think it's delayed. It's very nice and we only got 6 in and we have 5 remaining. PM with questions, though i don't own one so don't get to technical on me, i am however, learning thanks to TC.

p.s. i know its my first post, but that doesn't mean i don't have one at my desk. Someone e-mail me to get the pic, i am having trouble posting it.
    Last edited by parrott84; 08/31/2006 at 04:05 PM.
    -Parrott84

The Treo 700wx was a great device. Especially for one handed use, but it would be hard to give up my Mogul now.

myChristianConnection.org
    use imageshack to host the pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by parrott84 View Post
    UMMM....my store has had them in since yesterday, so i don't think it's delayed. It's very nice and we only got 6 in and we have 5 remaining. PM with questions, though i don't own one so don't get to technical on me, i am however, learning thanks to TC.

p.s. i know its my first post, but that doesn't mean i don't have one at my desk. Someone e-mail me to get the pic, i am having trouble posting it.
    maybe you can fill us in then when can you start selling them then?
    do you work for a Sprint store?
    Jimmie Geddes
    me or the guy i quoted? i assume the guy i quoted is he said my store got them in so....wonder if he knows when they can start selling

Funny thing Jim over on SU people are popping up saying o i ordered it from retentions im like umm ok bull because they still say as of 5 min ago "we still dont have a launch date for it yet try sometime before mid-sept." meaning you cant order it and theyre playing hush hush if it is tonight/tomm
    From the famous Shadowmite's site

Treo 700wx delayed?
    Posted 13 hours, 1 minute ago on August 31, 2006 by shadowmite # Cell Phone Related, News, WM5 PDA

While a delay is normally only verifiable by knowing exactly when it WAS supposed to come out, we are fairly certain 8/31 was in fact a launch date for the 700wx. Yet telesales is still not offering it which could mean that they finally fixed the glitch in telesales ordering it before they were supposed to, or it's not going to be released this week afterall... Only time will tell.
    I've learned that some people exaggerate the truth. I don't think anyone has ordered them yet. I do believe that some people have the 700wx already, especially since the grove Palm retail store was selling them last week. I hope those people claiming they ordered them really did, and get them. I just know some people post things like "I ordered it", "I got it" just to frustrate people even further when it's not true. I hope they get them.

Retentions told me tonight that the 700wx is in their system, but he can't place an order yet, he thinks possible tomorrow even though his system says the 700wx launches today.

I was asking the guy if he worked for a sprint store.
    Jimmie Geddes
    yeh exaclty they obviously saw it in there but said theresno launch date for it meaning who knows which i dont really understand how they dont know when as if the slots blank. I think they were all told be play it hush hush now until the minute they can start selling it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast