1.    #1  
    Yahoo has some cool new stuff -

http://go.connect.yahoo.com/go/mobile

and your inbox contents now show in the Messaging app (no more browsing to get to your Yahoo mail - even the free version) and the Yahoo mail count also now shows in the Today screen.

Very nicely done I have to say. Download the cab file and scope it out.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    So this means free push email or at the very least a slight delay? Anyone try this out yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by f1realtor View Post
    So this means free push email or at the very least a slight delay? Anyone try this out yet?
    You better have unlimited messaging - the email, wx, news, and some of the other features rely on SMS.
    It is very well done. You can turn off the SMS feature, I think, though it's a little complicated to figure that out / not entirely clear that it works. I've been hoping Vindigo would get their act together and support the 700w but it's becoming clear I shouldn't hold my breath... The movies and local section of this app is a nice stopgap.

I'm not pleased *at all* that there doesn't seem to be a way to keep it from running in the background all the time - or maybe it's just got that icon in the system tray and isn't doing much. Sigh. Woe is Memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser View Post
    Yahoo has some cool new stuff -

http://go.connect.yahoo.com/go/mobile

and your inbox contents now show in the Messaging app (no more browsing to get to your Yahoo mail - even the free version) and the Yahoo mail count also now shows in the Today screen.

Very nicely done I have to say. Download the cab file and scope it out.
    I was SUPER impressed with how it set up the Yahoo email in outlook mobile automatically - just BAM. It's almost enough for me to consider forwarding my gmail to it! With any luck their photo service will finally include Flickr and then this app would be darn near perfect.
    I've been using this for a while now, and I have to say that it rocks. Just like push mail-- so much so that I just went on ahead and forwarded my GMail to it because it works so well.

I absolutely love the Photo sync to my albums on Yahoo! I take a picture with my Treo, and a box opens asking if I want to upload it to my Mobile album on Yahoo... and there's unlimited photo storage there!
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    Seems to be a good app, but really wondering how often it sends the SMS.

Is it just me or does the typical "send/receive" function not work with this app? If you go into messaging, select the Yahoo account, write a message and select S/R, it doesnt seem to work at all. Seems to require reconnecting and running the synch process again. More of a pain I guess.

Seems like a good app just trying to get a few things ironed out.

Thanks
    Last edited by dcmidnight; 09/20/2006 at 02:44 PM.
    So does it really use SMS?
    I was just looking at the Yahoo! Go help. It seems that there is no pushing of e-mail, that it is a pull mail system and that the default duration is one hour. Is this accurate? Seems like a good application, but the lack of push e-mail is disappointing (but not unexpected given it's free nature).
    It is accurate. You can choose the duration and the app. will connect and go check if you have mail.
    A really good thing though is that it synchronizes ALL your folders (POP access doesn't do that).

It worked for me for awhile but now it simply stopped pulling my mail.
    I have reinstalled the app. many times and still haven't found a solution.

It's a great app..... and free !