Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

    I am relatively new to these forums (1st Post) so I apologize if I am not quite full educated or up to date on my current Treo news (I did quite a few searches before this). But I was trying to find and would like to know if anyone knows or had a better update on when the Treo 750 will be available from Sprint? Changin my network is unfortunately not an option and I am happy with Sprint. I am going to take the plunge and get my first Treo and I was probably going to go with the 700P unless I know the 750 would come out relatively soo (I always would want the newest). Thanks for anyone's input.

    Brad
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by bradz2125 View Post
    Hi all,

    I am relatively new to these forums (1st Post) so I apologize if I am not quite full educated or up to date on my current Treo news (I did quite a few searches before this). But I was trying to find and would like to know if anyone knows or had a better update on when the Treo 750 will be available from Sprint? Changin my network is unfortunately not an option and I am happy with Sprint. I am going to take the plunge and get my first Treo and I was probably going to go with the 700P unless I know the 750 would come out relatively soo (I always would want the newest). Thanks for anyone's input.

    Brad
    well sprint is getting the 700wx...pretty much the same thing as the 700w but with more RAM...
  3. #3  
    The rumored 750 is a GSM based device. So in the U.S. it would likely be offered by Cingular. This particular device will never be offered on Sprint, although a similar could potentially be done for a CDMA device. However, there are no rumors so any such device so it would likely be a very long time before you would see anything. Given the recent release of the 700, I would think you are 12 - 18 months from seeing any major CDMA update based on Palm previous cycles.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  4. #4  
    we definitely need more info from a Cingular employee about the aprox. launching date. Is there really nobody that can tell us that?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by horatiub View Post
    we definitely need more info from a Cingular employee about the aprox. launching date. Is there really nobody that can tell us that?
    September 12th should give us more info (hopefully it isnt just about vodaphone)
  6. #6  
    I expect that the 12th will be Vodaphone specific announcement, just like the 700w announcement in January was Verizon specific. I'm sure there would be a separate announcement whenever it is announced for Cingular (unfortunately).
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  7. InnerGeek's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #7  
    It would be nice if they had done the deal with O2 instead of Vodaphone. At least O2 sells all their phones unlocked. Or should I say the majority.
  8. #8  
    wonder if the cingular phone would b unlocked for us tmobile people.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dport View Post
    wonder if the cingular phone would b unlocked for us tmobile people.
    Tmobile is killing me by not moving beyond T600.
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
  10. #10  
    well, thats why u get an unlocked one.
  11. #11  
    Need a Palm GSM beyond the T650 to replace my poor rickety 2 year old T600 that's being held together with tape and crazy glue and tin-foil and a wing and a prayer...

    What are we Canadians, chopped liver?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan View Post
    Need a Palm GSM beyond the T650 to replace my poor rickety 2 year old T600 that's being held together with tape and crazy glue and tin-foil and a wing and a prayer...

    What are we Canadians, chopped liver?
    well i'll tell you this...when the unlocked GSM treo 650 came out on web.palmone.com US store...i was able to order it no problem. Taxed and everything (no duties as a result of course)...and the warranty was fine...to be honest its almost as if Palm US and Palm Canada are joined at the hip (to a point of course)

    I even had to return my unit, and no problem...they sent me a purolator label and everything from a USPS international priority envelope...

    So yeah when the US GSM unlocked one comes out, you will be fine to get it.. (plus i had a business person go ooooooo over my phone when i first got it and told him this was the update to his).
  13. ls3mach's Avatar
    Posts
    659 Posts
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    #13  
    Both the 680 (lifetime exclusive) and the 750 (6 month exclusive) to be released 10/29/06...
  14. InnerGeek's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #14  
    So if this does go to Vodaphone or Cingular as an exclusive for a period, does that mean that Palm will not sell unlocked versions during that period?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    Both the 680 (lifetime exclusive) and the 750 (6 month exclusive) to be released 10/29/06...
    I would love more details about the Treo 680....

    Surur
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    I would love more details about the Treo 680....

    Surur
    We really would need another Thread for that.
    Just call me Berd.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by InnerGeek View Post
    So if this does go to Vodaphone or Cingular as an exclusive for a period, does that mean that Palm will not sell unlocked versions during that period?
    What he said.

    I want that unlocked GSM 750 to use on the "Oh, yeah, there IS another mobile carrier in the U.S., called T-Mobile" sad sack carrier that I am locked into until May, 2007.

    Might be worth paying the early termination charge and bailing out to Cingular.
  18. InnerGeek's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #18  
    I don't know about that, I have been pretty happy about T-Mobile service and coverage in the L.A. area. Although Cingular's 3G service intrigues me, however they have yet to roll it out in my area, and who knows when they will. Given that, plus all the negative feedback friends have given me, and that their plans are more expensive it isn't worth me switching to them. Especially not on a 2 year agreement. Give me that unlocked Treo!
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    Both the 680 (lifetime exclusive) and the 750 (6 month exclusive) to be released 10/29/06...
    is that for sure? Coming from a reliable source?
  20. ls3mach's Avatar
    Posts
    659 Posts
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by horatiub View Post
    is that for sure? Coming from a reliable source?
    It is as reliable as the Cingular intranet can be. It is not really insider information though, if you call a customer care rep, they could give you the exact same information. I'm not a random 1 post person. I read the information myself and posted it. Surur asked me about the 680 supporting 3G and as far as I can say, NO it does not. All the other 3G handsets that have been released or about to be released have specifically stated they were HSDPA. The 750 did, but the 680 just said it was an EDGE device that was an upgrade to the 650. The 750 specifically said HSDPA and WM5.

    I think Surur mentioned he was going to post this as a rumor on some site. The information is as acurate as Cingular has available, I doubt the dates are going to happen though. The V3i was supposed to have been released last month and it STILL isn't that I can tell. I have heard some stores have them in stock, but nothing solid and certainly not readily available.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions