Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by InnerGeek View Post
    I don't know about that, I have been pretty happy about T-Mobile service and coverage in the L.A. area. Although Cingular's 3G service intrigues me, however they have yet to roll it out in my area, and who knows when they will. Given that, plus all the negative feedback friends have given me, and that their plans are more expensive it isn't worth me switching to them. Especially not on a 2 year agreement. Give me that unlocked Treo!
    Yeah, L. A. coverage, T-Mobile

Yeah, price.

Yeah, gimme unlocked.

I just get itchy. That's all. Wanna new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by dport View Post
    well, thats why u get an unlocked one.
    When , where, how ?
    I am talkng bout something beyond 650.
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Well, 11 days to go now till the announcement...
    Has anyone really looked at the Specs in the 750 photos? Vodaphone users are REALLY getting yanked around compared to Verizon users that unit only has 64/48megs of memory, that is HALF of the 700W, my oldest ipaq had more memory than that, and why aren't they using the 400mhz processor that is used in the 700w versus the 300mhz that is listed. Thank god, I don't have Vodaphone, besides it looks like HTC is producing them for Palm versus them being a Palm produced device according to the software versions.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Actually it is 128M of ROM and 64M of RAM. There is a link to an article in another thread that explains why in those screen shots they relay the numbers that they due. So there is mor memory that that of the 700W. I can't explain why they scaled back the processor but it could be a battery issue. And as far as I know, HTC has always been the developer for Palm when it came to the Treo.
    OK, I was beginning to feel shortchanged, I have ground the points off of most of my teeth waiting in anticipation of the new GSM unit. It is the first thing I ask for in my prayers at night.
    As I have said in other forum. I have a friend that is involved in the testing of devices. He has not received the new treo yet. He has heard that he will be receiving it late Sept. early Oct. and then if there are no major problem it will be release within a month. Therefore it is right on track with what was posted before 10/29, which is Cingular's anticipated release date. I will post pictures and tell you more when my friend gets it in.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Hmmm, so that would be for Cingular and I would assume Palm wouldn't release an unlocked version in the US till than either. So if Vodaphone releases this in the coming weeks, looks like we will have to import it if you can't hold out.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRMcCracken View Post
    Has anyone really looked at the Specs in the 750 photos? Vodaphone users are REALLY getting yanked around compared to Verizon users that unit only has 64/48megs of memory, that is HALF of the 700W, my oldest ipaq had more memory than that, and why aren't they using the 400mhz processor that is used in the 700w versus the 300mhz that is listed. Thank god, I don't have Vodaphone, besides it looks like HTC is producing them for Palm versus them being a Palm produced device according to the software versions.
    the treo 700w uses an Intel Xscale 312MHz processor...i dont know where you read that its 400..
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo View Post
    the treo 700w uses an Intel Xscale 312MHz processor...i dont know where you read that its 400..
    I think he is pointing out that even his older IPAQ is using a faster processor.
    Quote Originally Posted by dyun1dyun1 View Post
    I think he is pointing out that even his older IPAQ is using a faster processor.
    my bad
    10 more days till the announcement
    but who's counting?

(Me).
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    9!!! Sorry couldn't resist
    I hope something is released soon for the GSM folks. I dorked with a 700wx today. I love it. (I still hate the 240x240 resolution, but the amount of memory is awesome, and it's got the perfect Treo form factor!)

But for reasons too numerous to count I won't go back to CDMA. I hate the "lock you in" business model where they screw with your contract each time you want to change a phone, I hate that I have to contact them to change phones (such as to run a cheap phone to go to the beach) It also limits what I can do with it. I have multiple SIM cards on Cingular, 1 for daily every day use and 1 for testing and customer demos. I like having international roaming. (In fact, it's a requirement for me!) I like being able to use a local SIM card when I travel overseas. I like being able to take my phone from one carrier to another. Why can't I use a Treo 650 from Sprint on Verizon and vice-versa? No technical reason, just a flawed business model. This is what enables CDMA vendors to cripple phone features.

I think it's folly to ignore the GSM market.

That said: I'd like to think that Palm is smarter than that and they have a kick-**** product for GSM users in the very near future. (At least I hope so!)
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Thats what I m talking about.

Palm should hire european telecommunication people and start getting more serious on GSM business
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    if a new gsm device comes with a new POS (no, not "Piece Of S..."), very interested.

if a new gsm device without a new POS, very not interested and leaving the palm ship.
    I'm living in Italy and I'm using Vodafone..

We have got the same info as everybody, as per the enclosed link (sorry it's in italian..)

http://euro.palm.com/it/it/about/nex...tion/form.html

anyway they wrote on Sept. 12th vodafone+palm+microsoft'll announce a new generation of smartphone treo for Europe dedicated to businessman.

I'm an happy owner of treo 650 and I'll prefer Treo palm 750.. but I'm a fully supporting of GSM technology. I'm just coming back from a travel in middle east, and the gsm phone is working everywhere without any problem.

Look at www.gsmworld.com how big is the number of subscriptions..

only 7 days to see vodafone treo..
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast