Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Just ignore 2000 Man. He's just a troll baiting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    My calls already ring through on EDVO I could give a **** less if I can surf and be on the phone at the same time. With Multitasking OS I pick up right where I left off regardless.

Regardless what does that have anything to do with not being able to see the small speed difference on your PDA which was my point? This isn't an update like 1x was to EDVO. Its really not worth hammering your head against the wall considering no PDA on the market can take advantage of it and its benefits will affect very few people once phones come on the market that can.

In other words most people don't and shouldn't care.
    You're not grasping it. If you need to do data and voice at the same time, this is EXACTLY like the difference between 1xRTT and EVDO because it IS the difference between 1xRTT and EVDO.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Just ignore 2000 Man. He's just a troll baiting you.

I plan on it Some people will pick the most obscure thing and make an ant hill into a mountain.
    Everybody 'simma down now', mmkay?
    Actually voice and data simultaneously is useful in the lower speed setting you describe e.g. you will still be able to receive push e-mail while on a conference call, do a GAL address search on an exchange server, VPN into the company intra-net, look up the address to a hotel while on the phone etc etc.

Example: You on the phone. They guy on the other side says "I just e-mailed you the figures". You answer "I just received them, they look fine". VS. "OK, I'll check my mailbox and call you back in a few minutes".

Its nice to have.

Surur
    They are going to make money off of the suckers then they will make money again with the flagship device if there is one...its all business
    at&t iPhone3G
    I have to agree that the 700wx is outdated before being released.

No SDHC (8GB+ SD cards won't work)
    No EVDO Rev A
    No Bluetooth 2.0

I won't buy a NEW device that doesn't have these.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    I have to agree that the 700wx is outdated before being released.

No SDHC (8GB+ SD cards won't work)
    No EVDO Rev A
    No Bluetooth 2.0

I won't buy a NEW device that doesn't have these.
    I hope you're prepared to wait a long time.
    I hope you're prepared to wait a long time.
    If you look in the Other Device section, I has just posted a new thread speaking about upcoming CDMA devices from HTC/Verizon. They will be doing a CDMA version of the HTC Hermes/Tytn, which will have a 2 Megapixel camera, bluetooth 2, A2DP, scroll wheel, initially Release 0, but upgradeable to Rev A (and with the stated intention of upgrading the device also).

All this by the end of the year (15 December) also.

Surur
    That's for Verizon though right? I don't think many Sprint people are going to jump ship to Verizon for any device. Verizon just costs way too much.
    That's for Verizon though right? I don't think many Sprint people are going to jump ship to Verizon for any device. Verizon just costs way too much.
    This is apparently true in theory, but Verizon sells twice as many Treos as Sprint, so for many people this does not seem to be a deal breaker.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    This is apparently true in theory, but Verizon sells twice as many Treos as Sprint, so for many people this does not seem to be a deal breaker.

Surur

I've used both and Verizon is simply better CS wise. That's why they have loyal customers, despite the fact that they have now decided to capitalize a bit too much on that.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo View Post
    I've used both and Verizon is simply better CS wise. That's why they have loyal customers, despite the fact that they have now decided to capitalize a bit too much on that.
    You know, CS for wireless providers is always a hilarious thing to me. I've had great experiences with sprint but utter from Verizon so far. Enough that I'm seriously considering paying the early termination fee (14 day trial, not 30? what the heck?!) to switch back.
    Maybe Verizon has changed. But after Sprint basically told me they really don't give a damn if a customer loses his phone, they will just cut the number off and the customer has to get a new one; my bad opinion of Sprint, which was negative already due to billing crap, increased almost 100%!! And I wasn't even calling for me, I had found a customer's phone in the grass. They refused to do anything to locate the owner. I had to wait for the guy's son to call so I could tell him I had his Dad's phone.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    $45 a month for data is enough to keep Verizon away forever!
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Just don't report your lost or stolen phone to Sprint, you'll lose your number according to the uncaring CS rep. And don't even bother calling them to return a phone to the owner.

But yes, Verizon's data rate is quite high if you don't use it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo View Post
    Just don't report your lost or stolen phone to Sprint, you'll lose your number according to the uncaring CS rep. And don't even bother calling them to return a phone to the owner.

But yes, Verizon's data rate is quite high if you don't use it all the time.
    Hate to hijack this thread into Sprint vs Verizon, but I've been with both, and frankly verizon is more expensive data plan but:

- There voice network is WAY better in the Chicagoland suburbs. Works in elevators, basements, etc... Places my Sprint phone failed.

- No dropped calls. EVER

- Yes, I have to say better CS. They know a bit more on average and just seem to be more caring and put more effort in. Do not have the constant billing "mistakes" Sprint had either.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
  18.    #38  
    I think most people that use these data plans have the costs covered by their employers. I also feel that Verizon has a much bigger piece of the corporate pie than does Sprint, even with the latter's acquisition of Nextel. The corporate affiliation explains the data cost
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post

Surur
    I have heard you mention this before Surur...where is your source of information that Verizon sales twice as many Treos as Sprint?
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    I have heard you mention this before Surur...where is your source of information that Verizon sales twice as many Treos as Sprint?
    Its from Palm's recent 10-K filling (which kicked of another ruckus if you recall ) Basically Palm was explaining their main distributors are the networks currently, with Verizon selling like 30% of their devices, and Sprint 15% (dont quote me on the exact percentages, and I dont have time currently to look it up myself again). The main thing is that Verizon:Sprint was 2:1.

Surur
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast