Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Ok, I'm going to be switching from a Treo 700P to a 700WX and now I need to find replacements for all of my Palm apps.. Here's a list of the Palm apps. I'd like WM5 equivalents for:

    RedMercury AcidSolitaire
    RedMercury AcidSpider
    Astraware Astro Defence
    Butler
    Causerie
    Chatter
    Good Fortune
    KeyCaps
    Toysoft magicButton
    Northglide CleanFreak Pack
    Palmtumi (Bantumi, Kalaha, Mancala)
    Phone Technician
    Pipe Crazy / Pipe Dreams
    PowerRun (Also like ZLauncher's run from card feature)
    QuickNews
    Scorched Palm / Scorched Earth

    T O O (By Carl Quick / Quickster) -> app. is just an icon on the screen that when tapped once, turns the phone on and tapped again, turns the radio off. Can be assigned to any button that's assignable in Treo 700P's Prefs.. Once assigned to that button, works like the red power / phone hang up button.
  2. #2  
    chatter is replaced with a direct push mail account from www.cortado.com
  3. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #3  
    Count me in for riding on the new learning curve.
    I need raplacements for these.

    Tide Tool
    Warfare inc
    Butler (or one key launch)
    Keyshades
    Converter
    LoanCalc
    Passwords Plus
    FieldPlus
    Profiles
  4. #4  
    causerie-agile messenger
    clean freak- memmaid
    quick news- egress
    passwords plus- ewallet
    converter-conversions in hand
    powerrun-you wont need this, you can install directly to card.
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    ___________________________________________
    T-Mobile Treo 600--> Cingular Treo 650--> Cingular 8125--> Imate JasJar--> TMobile SDA--> Cingular Blackjack --> Cingular 8525-->UBiQUiO 503g-->HP910--> HTC Fuze--> Blackberry Bold&iPod Touch
  5. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by lulugirl896 View Post
    causerie-agile messenger
    clean freak- memmaid
    quick news- egress
    passwords plus- ewallet
    converter-conversions in hand
    powerrun-you wont need this, you can install directly to card.
    Thanks LuLu, do you know anything about a Call Log+?
  6. #6  
    I asked a similar question when I first got my (now returned) 6700.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ight=apps+miss

    My advice: Don't throw your Palm Treo in the toilet just yet. Try WM for Palm's 30-day window, then see if you like it. I personally didn't start getting tired of WM (or was it the 6700?) until 1.5-2 months after I got it. I'm willing to give WM another shot with the wx.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  7. PSB22's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    #7  
    I'm pretty sure there's a palm OS emulator for WM5, if you're really desperate for some of these app's. Also try oxios memory or memrelease instead of memmaid - both are free. Lots of free stuff to be had @ freewareppc.com
  8.    #8  
    Yeah, it's called StyleTap. Not sure how great it is, but I can't wait to try it on my 700WX!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Yeah, it's called StyleTap. Not sure how great it is, but I can't wait to try it on my 700WX!
    StyleTap is ok for the apps it works with, but it doesn't work with many of my favorite apps.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    StyleTap is ok for the apps it works with, but it doesn't work with many of my favorite apps.
    Exactly, its either great or terrible.

    I ended up ditching it and finding specific alternatives as i found this way to be a lot more stable.

    A lot of the applications from the big devlopers from people such as Spalsh Data have direct WM5 counter parts. This is the same with popular games to Warfare Inc, Microquad etc all have WM5 versions.

    And then theres the equivlent applications as listed as above (Cant think of any from the top of my head)

    But i am yet to find something that i could do with my POS treo that i cant do with WM5, yes sometimes it may take a bit of times but it can always be done.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

    Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR View Post
    Exactly, its either great or terrible.

    I ended up ditching it and finding specific alternatives as i found this way to be a lot more stable.

    A lot of the applications from the big devlopers from people such as Spalsh Data have direct WM5 counter parts. This is the same with popular games to Warfare Inc, Microquad etc all have WM5 versions.

    And then theres the equivlent applications as listed as above (Cant think of any from the top of my head)

    But i am yet to find something that i could do with my POS treo that i cant do with WM5, yes sometimes it may take a bit of times but it can always be done.
    If FlexMail will make me forget Marc and Chatter and SplashData produces a WM version of SplashMoney (or any money app with wireless updates - I can't believe this isn't a killer app for more people yet-track ALL your spending without entering any data manually), I may take a trial on the 700wx.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.

Posting Permissions