Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    What pics would you like? I still have access to the device
    Any more pics wanted? I still have access to the device.
    don't need a pic of this, but will Pocket Outlook allow you to address a text message to an email address? I seem to recall that the 6700 would not allow you to do this (eg, SMS had to be sent to a phone # contact). Thanks!
    Yes, it will! Just tested and it went right through.
    Thanks.

and what about sending pics taken w/the camera...can they be sent to phone nos. as well as email contacts?
    I cannot believe this, but it doesn't have picturemail. You still have to use email accounts to do so.
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by billecorgan View Post
    What pics would you like? I still have access to the device
    Does Outlook look like this (w/one handed access to account folders?)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    So does anyone know if an actual updater will included the threaded sms? I love that on my 650 but I rather move to windows device as it suits my needs better but the SMS is the reason I am staying still with the 650.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    looks like you'll be sticking with the 650 for a while.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by billecorgan View Post
    I cannot believe this, but it doesn't have picturemail. You still have to use email accounts to do so.
    Insane! How is it possible to release a camera phone in 2006 without any kind of built-in MMS app?

I'm guessing this has to do with the limitations of Sprint's "MMS" infrastructure, i.e. Picture Mail, that does not allow it to be ported to wm5??

Reminds me of Sprint's half-assed text messaging implementation -- "Short Mail" that we all had to live with before they finally went to true SMS.
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay View Post
    Insane! How is it possible to release a camera phone in 2006 without any kind of built-in MMS app?

I'm guessing this has to do with the limitations of Sprint's "MMS" infrastructure, i.e. Picture Mail, that does not allow it to be ported to wm5??

Reminds me of Sprint's half-assed text messaging implementation -- "Short Mail" that we all had to live with before they finally went to true SMS.
    Agreed. That's the one thing that impresses me most aftet making the switch from Sprint to Verizon - how dead-simple MMS is. On Sprint, sending or receiving a "mms" message on my t650 was nothing more than getting an SMS with a link.
  12.    #72  
    well, I've said it a million tims already: there is a MMS/pic mail application that was extracted from the Verizon xv6700 that we use w/no problems on the ppc-6700 and it's a general WM5 app. So it should work on the 700wx as well, so "I'm guessing this has to do with the limitations of Sprint's "MMS" infrastructure, i.e. Picture Mail, that does not allow it to be ported to wm5??" is not accurate.

personally: I hate picture mail and I think it's dumb, I'd rather just email the pic or use the free Splashblog, but to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    So does anyone know if an actual updater will included the threaded sms? I love that on my 650 but I rather move to windows device as it suits my needs better but the SMS is the reason I am staying still with the 650.

You can pull the Verizon SMS app off the VX6700 and it works on the Sprint 6700 with modifications for threaded SMS. IT should also work on the 700wx. Go to phaphonehome.com and read the forums there on threaded sms and you'll see the results.

Works fine once you get it set up.
    I did a search over there and read the bounty thread, but I didn't see and references to this. Got a link?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    As to why Sprint doesn't support PictureMail/MMS on their WM5 devices, I know I read a blog article not long ago which basically said that Sprint doesn't have the "expertise" necessary to integrate their current picturemail service with WM devices.

There was some belief that Sprint was going to fix this in the near future, possibly by outsourcing this project to another company. I've got a 6700 and the Verizon app that Maletesta mentioned does work pretty well as a temporary fix until Sprint gets this figured out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    You can pull the Verizon SMS app off the VX6700 and it works on the Sprint 6700 with modifications for threaded SMS. IT should also work on the 700wx. Go to phaphonehome.com and read the forums there on threaded sms and you'll see the results.

A Verizon app for threaded SMS? I own a 6700 and never heard of such an app. Please give us a link
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post

I think you mean MMS/picturemail. There is no threaded sms on the Verizon xv6700, there are only some semi-okay 3rd party apps that are external to Outlook and intercept SMS messages, nothing native and built in.

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Man,
    I'm ready to camp out in front of the Sprint store like I was used to waiting for Greatful Dead tickets. Passing Treo tips like they were doobies with the other Treoheads waiting with me. Ah, brings back memories.
    THANKS FOR THE PICS BILL!
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
    no threaded sms. I myself dont care about it as i treat sms like an email and like have them all in the messaging app. Id actually rather blackberry style where sms and email was all in the same folder with different icons.
    Do you guys think that the threaded sms and Sprint tv can be firmwear updates that come out later?

The only reason i ask is because the device obviously doesn't have it, but the palm spec sheets clearly show that it does, or is this some intern who is using copy and paste to make a wx brouchure from a w one?
    -Parrott84

The Treo 700wx was a great device. Especially for one handed use, but it would be hard to give up my Mogul now.

myChristianConnection.org
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast