Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Who from Verizon is willing to convert to Sprint only if they have the coverage in the area to do so?
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Who from Verizon is willing to convert to Sprint only if they have the coverage in the area to do so?
    I will be first in line to convert to sprint from Verizon. My wife has sprint and it is adequate for my needs. I will happily pay the Devil (aka Verizon) an etf to get the new 700wx
    As a long time very happy Verizon user who switched to Sprint as they had the Treo 650 first, I really wanted to switch back to Verizon. With the news of the new 700wx I am going to stick with Sprint. I'll have worse reception, but a much better phone.
    I would do so if not for the ETF...
    The ETF doesn't bother me since you will get your money back from the lower data rates. Sprint's unlimited plan is only $15 per month. Sprint users correct me if I'm wrong.
    If you figure out how much money you'll be saving in the long run, Sprint might be worth the ETF. Verizon kills their customers with their unlimited data packages, Sprint is $15 a month, that's reason enough to switch.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    The ETF doesn't bother me since you will get your money back from the lower data rates. Sprint's unlimited plan is only $15 per month. Sprint users correct me if I'm wrong.

It is actually half that price if your line is the secondary line! I am paying about 125$ a month through verizon. So It is really only 1 1/2 months bill to get out of my contract!
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    As a new sprint customer you can get the 700wx phone for $399 instead of the full $649. That's a savings of $250. If you were to buy a "new" 700wx (if offerd by verizon) They would make you pay the full price. So look at it as breaking even with the $250 savings.....
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske View Post
    As a new sprint customer you can get the 700wx phone for $399 instead of the full $649. That's a savings of $250. If you were to buy a "new" 700wx (if offerd by verizon) They would make you pay the full price. So look at it as breaking even with the $250 savings.....
    Exactly
    Exactly, I am hoping Palm offers the 700wx on it's developer site like it did with the 700p for $100 off.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes View Post
    Exactly, I am hoping Palm offers the 700wx on it's developer site like it did with the 700p for $100 off.
    That would be awesome! I couldn't take advantage of that for the 700p because I wasn't a member long enough.
    I don't feel like paying Sprint $649, $549 would make it a little easier to try out this phone $399 is a nice price, even for a 2 year contract.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Just curious...anyone use Sprint data in Chicago? How good/reliable is it? My boss has a Sprint 700p but he never uses the internet so he's not such a good source.

I would have to give up a significant in-calling advantage to leave Verizon. but with Sprint's 7pm N&W and F&F for overages it might not be too bad.

I wouldn't switch just for the 700wx b/c I"m sure it will have its own problems. Plus Verizon is just as likely to get the 750w or whatever the hell it will be in about 6 months and I'll want to switch back. It's a viscious cycle. The cheaper data would make it worth it if it were reliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    Just curious...anyone use Sprint data in Chicago? How good/reliable is it? My boss has a Sprint 700p but he never uses the internet so he's not such a good source.

I would have to give up a significant in-calling advantage to leave Verizon. but with Sprint's 7pm N&W and F&F for overages it might not be too bad.

I wouldn't switch just for the 700wx b/c I"m sure it will have its own problems. Plus Verizon is just as likely to get the 750w or whatever the hell it will be in about 6 months and I'll want to switch back. It's a viscious cycle. The cheaper data would make it worth it if it were reliable.
    Been with sprint for almost 2 years now, also i live in the chicago area, and they have excellent data coverage.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstudboy1 View Post
    I would do so if not for the ETF...
    Depending on how much time you have left on your contract, it might be cheaper to just lower your plan to the lowest possible one and ride it out until your contract is up.
    So when will it finally here? acording to rumors 2 more days?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    Depending on how much time you have left on your contract, it might be cheaper to just lower your plan to the lowest possible one and ride it out until your contract is up.
    Can't port your number if you go that route.......
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
    So when will it finally here? acording to rumors 2 more days?
    It'll probably be available from Palm's Treo Store Online midnight this coming Sunday.
    I was going to move to the 700wx, but the memory upgrade isn't enough for me to dish out $400+ for it (I am not a Treo user). I will force myself to wait for a future Sprint WM-based Treo that will support the upcoming EVDO Rev. A spectrum.
    You'll be waiting awhile then. Palm has already released two CDMA models this year (700W & 700P) and they still haven't released any new GSM Treos so their next CDMA release is gonna be awhile.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast