Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    I tried to login to the treocentral wiki, but says my user name doesn't exist. I tried to create a new account, but it keeps sending me back to the login with my treocentral username and password. I'd love to contribute.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I don't want to get anyone's hopes up any more, but I just got a call from my Sprint contact and he said that he should be able to order me the 700wx tomorrow because he was told the same thing I was told that 9/1 is now the date for telesales orders. Uggggh this is so frustrating,lol.
    Jimmie Geddes
    This seems to be the norm for waiting on new Treos, LOL!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Does anyone know the turnaround time between ordering it and actually having it in your hands and activated?
    if you order it tomm not till Tues holiday weekend
    Yeah, when I pre-ordered my 700p from Palm on the monday before memorial day they shipped overnight memorial day weekend (saturday) I got my 700p in my hands tuesday morning. So if you order tomorrow and they ship tomorrow you could have it saturday, Palm shipped mine overnight Saturday, I got it Tuesday due to the holiday.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I thought Sprints overnight delivery service w/e they use doesnt deliver on Saturdays though? Or is that just palm direct

My retentions rep said as long as you order before noon it will be shipped out that day and there the next
    Well, rest assured that I will order immediately upon availability, and ask for the fastest shipping possible. If I see anyone else get their wx before I get my wx, I'mma have to be
    Hey gang, will a 4GB SD card work in the wx?
    4gb should work
    def will work.
    Jimmie Geddes
    That's a good question. Does Sprint's shipping method deliver on Saturday's. Imagine the possibilities...all those shiny, new WXs in the hands of eager (and patiently waiting) soon to be owners for the holiday weekend. C'mon Sprint!!!!
    jimmie any input to my last post?

I thought Sprints overnight delivery service w/e they use doesnt deliver on Saturdays though? Or is that just palm direct

My retentions rep said as long as you order before noon it will be shipped out that day and there the next

If not 100% i might ask retentions instead of ordering on the phone for discounted price if theyll put the credit from full price on my account, go to the sprint store tomm buy it full price and then charge it to my account making it the same as ordering on the phone but get it tomm in hand...
    Last edited by klurfdawg23; 08/31/2006 at 05:16 PM.
    Maybe it's Palm direct. I ordered my 700p through Palm and they shipped it out sat night, but since monday was memorial day I got it tuesday morning. I'm not sure how Sprint handles it, sorry if I confused anyone. I know when I ordered a sidekick from T-Mobile on a fridayas long as it was before noon they guarantee sat delivery. I got mine saturday morning. Hope I didn't confuse anyone.
    Jimmie Geddes
    telesales just said it "should" get there Sat. there is Sat. delivery but they could not promise anything. I lvoe when they use words liek should and maybe lol- confident

Also tell me how you "pre-ordered" through retentions. They were telling me last night when i talked to them they couldnt do any deals and order anything until in the system which would be when retentions opens tomm at 8am E.T. Whatd you say to them exactly so i can try tonight
    Sprint uses UPS next day air saver which at any other point in time would be great, but with this particular method there is no Saturday delivery and being a holiday weekend you're probably better off finding a Palm store on Sunday...
    I didn't pre-order through retentions, my contact at Sprint told me he'd call me tomorrow morning and place my order if he could. He thinks it's going to be tomorrow, but he also told me it was going to be today,lol. I want this device, but I can wait till next week to receive it. I am going away for the weekend and have my 700p with me, so I'll survive. Glad I didn't sell it like some people in this thread, just kiddng
    Jimmie Geddes
    yeh i know they use next day saver, the rep in business telesales said theres a "chance" though it could be sat delivered

ahh ok misunderstood ya sorry. Well so far every source says should be tomm morning, they just didnt have the system updated to take orders like i said over on SU or here somewhere.
    Thats what retentions told me, he was like I see it in the system but I can't order it for you. He said it could change between today and tomorrow morning. I wonder if there's a chance of midnight launch?? Again I don't want to get anyone's hopes up.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I think both Sprint and Verizion are running discount pricing on the 700p through the end of the day. It wouldn't surprise me that the secrecy of the 700wx launch is due to this fact. Verizion will be holding the bag on many 700w phones once the 700wx is released and is probably trying to reduce their inventory. Sprint is possibily doing the same with the 700p promo that runs through the end of the month.

As much as I want to get my hands on this "shiney new toy" I think I'll wait a week or two to hear what your hardy early adopters have to say so even on October 1 launch date would be okay with me.
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast