Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Palm learned a very valuable lesson about pre-announcing anything a few years back. Palm pre-announced their m500 series and it killed sales of their Palm Vx line because people held off buying since they knew a new, improved product was coming. I don't see how you could say Palm should have told us months ago, that is a very bad business move, especially when they had a horrible experience, and it actually played into why they got rid of their CEO at the time Carl Yankowski. That decision to announce hurt them so much in lost sales that they would be so dumb to do that.

They don't owe us anything by telling us months, weeks, days in advance.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I was just told by a Sprint corp support rep tomorrow!
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    So what you are saying is that they feel it is necessary to lie to consumers to get them to buy an inferior product, in hopes that when the new product comes out, they will purchase another product? You call this good business? No wonder Palm had to start offering Windows based devices, obviously their marketing plan is killing them and they had to try something to save a good product.

But you are right, they don't owe us advance notice, but then I also don't owe Sprint my business when I could have switched to the 700w in January and I don't owe Palm my business when I could have switched to the 6700 on Sprint. It works both ways.

So, by your logic, Sony has hurt themselves by letting us know about the PS3 and the BlueRay? Sorry, I am drooling at the mouth for the BlueRay and avoiding the HDD although cheaper, in anticipation of the BlueRay.
    Everyone, I dont know if this has been brought up, but on Brochure 3 Page 17 of 21, in the employee calendar, it CLEARLY states that the 700WX will be released on 9/3.
    Also on the Following page, it states for 9/3 new phone releases: Samsung A900M & Palm Treo 700WX
    Everyone should calm down, and play with your T650.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by winter720 View Post
    Everyone, I dont know if this has been brought up, but on Brochure 3 Page 17 of 21, in the employee calendar, it CLEARLY states that the 700WX will be released on 9/3.
    Also on the Following page, it states for 8/3 new phone releases: Samsung A900M & Palm Treo 700WX
    Everyone should calm down, and play with your T650.
    My t650 = the dog the won't hunt at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by finnius View Post
    So what you are saying is that they feel it is necessary to lie to consumers to get them to buy an inferior product, in hopes that when the new product comes out, they will purchase another product? You call this good business? No wonder Palm had to start offering Windows based devices, obviously their marketing plan is killing them and they had to try something to save a good product.

But you are right, they don't owe us advance notice, but then I also don't owe Sprint my business when I could have switched to the 700w in January and I don't owe Palm my business when I could have switched to the 6700 on Sprint. It works both ways.

So, by your logic, Sony has hurt themselves by letting us know about the PS3 and the BlueRay? Sorry, I am drooling at the mouth for the BlueRay and avoiding the HDD although cheaper, in anticipation of the BlueRay.
    Do you even remember Palm's m5xx fiasco of announcing them months in advance? I do. That killed Palm. You don't gotta give Sprint your business, they didn't do anything wrong if you really feel that way, don't buy it. Some companies prefer not to pre-announce products like Apple, and Palm.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I just got this from Sprint:

-----Original Message-----
    From: Sprint Customer Solutions [mailto:ecare@cc.sprintpcs.com]
    Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 1:01 PM
    To: Luke McCoy
    Subject: RE: ID # : 20060820031645 (KMM23789771I123L0KM)

Dear Luke,

Thank you for you reply.

We apologize for the inconvenience experienced.

Treo 700wx phones will available within 72 hours. Please visit the local Sprint store to purchase this phone. To find a Sprint store nearby, please visit the following hyperlink:

http://www.sprintstorelocator.com/

Thank you for contacting us. Have a great day.

Mark K
    E-Care
    Sprint together with Nextel
    "Where our customers come first!"

Refer someone to Sprint and get $25.
    Visit www.sprint.com/referralprogram for details.
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.
    Fellow Treo 700wx users, please take the time to edit the Treo 700wx article at Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treo_700wx

Thanks
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finnius View Post
    Off subject but you should do your research on the technical differences between the two. In my mind for video HDDVD is better. MPEG4 vs MPEG2 for example.
    Kash76

I just called the Palm store...

ACCORDING TO HIM, whoever "he" is, it will be available the 3rd. Take that for what its worth
    I am on the phone with retentions right now. I'll let you know what's up.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes View Post
    Palm learned a very valuable lesson about pre-announcing anything a few years back. Palm pre-announced their m500 series and it killed sales of their Palm Vx line because people held off buying since they knew a new, improved product was coming. I don't see how you could say Palm should have told us months ago, that is a very bad business move, especially when they had a horrible experience, and it actually played into why they got rid of their CEO at the time Carl Yankowski. That decision to announce hurt them so much in lost sales that they would be so dumb to do that.

They don't owe us anything by telling us months, weeks, days in advance.
    I've said this before but I personally don't like this way of announcing products. Last minute announcements are very annoying for those in the market for whatever device, IMO. Overseas makers announce in advance and don't seem to have the problem Palm supposedly had. HTC is constantly announcing new phones and still selling them, even with an approximate 3 months or so delay. Creative Labs has been announcing that new little player and we're still waiting for the whole line to be released, but people still want it. I am waiting for the Nokia N73 to come out in the US and so were many of the people down at the Nokia store. Of course, these companies have plenty of good products to tide us over through the wait. That might be a factor.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes View Post
    I don't think Palm expected Sprint and their own people to leak as much information as they did. I've gotten a few emails about Palm not being happy with things I posted, and wondering how I got so much information on this device. I'll give it to Palm, they did an amazing job of keeeping this phone under wraps for as long as they did. We were all expecting a Sprint Treo 700w, and I am glad they went better than that.
    Why would Palm not be happy? Once again, they have loyal Palm users and even some new ones drooling over their latest device and waiting to buy. Even with their latest history of buggy phones(the 650 and up), we still want them.

However, I gotta wait and see if they will release any GSM versions of these new phones, I can't stand Sprint, LOL! But I would test drive one in the store.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Ok, just got off with retentions. The guy told me it shows the 700wx being launched today and he said it was supposed to. He put me on hold and came back and said that he was just told that their systems should be updated tonight, and his supervisor told him 9/1. He told me to call them back tomorrow and he stressed "they should be able to be ordered".

I am having doubts, because Palm needs to officially announce this before Sprint is going to be able to sell this. So I am betting it's gonna be Sunday at midnight when Palm officially announces the 700wx.
    Jimmie Geddes
    They are not happy because internal people leaked this information when it wasn't supposed to be leaked. I agree they should be happy they have such a loyal fan base, but they did not intend for this to be leaked.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I just got off the phone with Retentions as well and the gentlemen on the other line confirmed that the 700wx should be available to telesales by tomorrow. Let's hope he was right.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Enforcing what I said earlier, this is good! The thing that sucks is there is no same day shipping for us to have for the weekend!
    Kash76

It won't be officially launched by Palm until midnight this coming Sunday. Sprint can't sell them before that right?
    All the Palm employees I talked to on the phone said the opposite... Palm cannot sell it until Sprint gives Palm the go-ahead. Sprint first, then Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthWX View Post
    Fellow Treo 700wx users, please take the time to edit the Treo 700wx article at Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treo_700wx

Thanks
    Just as good - our own wiki needs a page too - http://wiki.treocentral.com/index.php/Treo_700wx .. (and we're giving away fabulous prizes. )
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast