Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    That is only my speculation as to why the phone wasn't released today as promised. I thought I'd said "if".
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    You realize if there was a problem with units youd be talking weeks and weeks of delay to unseal all te boxes fix the problem and repackage all of them. That would be weeks of delay to get stock out not counting getting the return stock they already shipped out to certain stores. Yet theyre only calling for if not out the 3rd, then a week and a half delay, theres no way they could fix bugs on ALL the units ready to sell by then.

I agree saying there is a problem is a stretch for explaining the delay. Im calling company politics BS. aybe they couldnt stock all the stores in time sothey just delayed the launch instead of selling from the stores that do have them, maybe something with the computer system to take orders and getting the phone on it. Could be a lot of things but problems with the phone itself is a huge stretch and not very probable
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23 View Post
    never said i blame CS per say, or anyone really just kinda pissed and people are all like everyone chill but see Im a college student i dont have unlimited funds and i need to time selling my phone with getting the new one and this kinda screws things up when yesterday they said tomm itll be out tomm. so i started selling my current phone and screwd dsome stuff up if it isnt absolutely out on the 3rd, this sunday. Just makes things difficult i guess on some
    i started this thread after talking with sprint retentions and ordering the phone that thay siad WOULD be shiped 8/31. i sold my phone on ebay last night and have to ship it today. i have been waiting sprint retentions to call me back cause i'm pissed. not cause it's delayed but cause some sprint renetions reps lied to me. if you don't know for sure don't say it. theres a big difference with sales reps, and tc members saying what thay heard or was told, and sprint retentions reps making promises thay can't keep.
    same here im going through retentions, although i couldnt order it until the 31st when i talked to them, but still I have the same issue with selling my old phone now and them not coming through with the 31st. Exactly my thoughts though if you dont know stay quiet dont spit out crap thats not true
    That's why I said it was SPECULATION, never said it was fact. Say what you want though, but it has happened before. Phones not being released as promised due to some kind of problem. Cingular sometimes does this. In fact they recalled several models, and that's one reason why they do that. They don't like recalls.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I agree it happens but Im saying you think theyll fix a problem in all the boxed sealed units in the warehouse, were talking hundreds of thousands, in a few days and then repackage them all? I really dont think so in well either 3 days till the 3rd on a few days till next week. In this situation its an administration holdup id bet on that. If its a problem with the phone itself youre talking a month or more delay like some Motos recently and some Cingulars liek you mentioned, those were months delayed

Im more interested to know the new firm release date and why the hush hush
    I highly doubt this "delay" is due to something being wrong with the 700wx that needs to be fixed, in fact I know it's not Palm shipped these phones to their stores last week, and they will be sold very soon. They are not delayed because Palm has to fix them, Palm didn't even announce the phone, they need to do that before Sprint can sell them. I wasn't given a date like I was told before of 8/31 (I guess they know not to give an exact date after this), I was told to "keep watching it'll be here VERY, VERY SOON". I have some reservations about this, but I think Sunday is the day now. Palm created this phone, they need to "officially" launch it before Sprint can sell it, it could hurt Palm. It seems like the delay is more of a business glitch than anything else.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I really hope this will be the one bug-free Treo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo View Post
    I really hope this will be the one bug-free Treo.
    No device is bug free...

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes View Post
    I highly doubt this "delay" is due to something being wrong with the 700wx that needs to be fixed, in fact I know it's not Palm shipped these phones to their stores last week, and they will be sold very soon. They are not delayed because Palm has to fix them, Palm didn't even announce the phone, they need to do that before Sprint can sell them. I wasn't given a date like I was told before of 8/31 (I guess they know not to give an exact date after this), I was told to "keep watching it'll be here VERY, VERY SOON". I have some reservations about this, but I think Sunday is the day now. Palm created this phone, they need to "officially" launch it before Sprint can sell it, it could hurt Palm. It seems like the delay is more of a business glitch than anything else.
    100% agree with all of that
    Yea a bug free device does not exist,lol. I am sure it will have less bugs than the 700w did when it first came out, or at least I hope so.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    No device is bug free...

Surur
    OK, how about relatively bug free?

Considering the history of Treo bugs, I'd like to see one where people aren't yelling that they need to return it. Or need to find work arounds for the bugs, etc, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes View Post
    I will take your word for it, since you often have inside info.

I can pretty much say that my 700w, since updated, is fairly bug-free. There are things I wish it did, perhaps some that it did better, but I haven't had any issues at all with my phone. Since the update I hard reset once, but that was because of some stupid applications I installed on the device. I would expect the wx to be the same
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Everything I hve seen said it will be "launced" on the 31st, no one ever said I could purchase one on the 31st. In fact the e-mail I received from sprint said to call back After the 31st to place an order:

Thank you for contacting Sprint together with Nextel. I will be happy to assist you regarding the Sprint Treo 700wx.

We will launch Palm Treo 700wx, a new Power Vision Smart device on 8/31/06. The Palm Treo 700wx is similar to the Palm Treo 700p already available from Sprint, but the software is powered by the Windows Mobile operating system. This new Power Vision Smart device will be available at Sprint Stores, Sprint business channels, Telesales, Customer Care and online at www.sprint.com.

The Palm Treo 700wx is a compact, all-in-one smart device with powerful Windows Mobile 5 software with all of the great Office applications and Outlook email functionality.

So, you can buy this phone after 8/31/06.

Feel free to write back to us.

Thank you for contacting us.

James
    Business E-Care
    Sprint together with Nextel
    "Where our customers come first!"
    So all I can say is the day is not over. The press release or Launch could happen at any moment. But that dosen't mean we can buy them yet. Palm corp offices or located in California so it is only around Noon now. I am starting to think the Sept 3rd date is real for buying the 700wx. It just makes too much sense because palm always seems to release phones on Sundays
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Also lets keep in mind that agree with me or not, but this release will hurt Verizon sales of the 700w and I can bet they know it too! So we dont know what "Block and Tackle" techneiques Verizon may be doing to keep this from happening......
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hello all - I have been lurking for a couple months now. Here is what is upsetting to me. It is true that Sprint never promised anything. Although like many others, on my last call to Sprint I was told August 31st. That was about 2 weeks ago. The biggest problem I have is this: Why should we (the customer) have to set up message boards and search the internet and make phone calls repeatedly to find out about a device. I can't think of a single industry that does NOT give press releases telling when their product will be available weeks if not months in advance. I shouldn't have to search the internet endlessly and do all kinds of tricks on the Sprint website to find out if they are going to carry a phone. They should have been screaming this in magazines and billboards and tv adds for months now. THAT is the way you launch a product, not by playing deny, deny, deny and misinforming your own employees.

This is all actually frustrating enough for me to want to switch providers. Over the past 3 months I have gone into Sprint stores in several different states and all over Houston and was repeatedly told that Sprint decided not to carry the Treo 700w and was dropping windows mobile alltogether. Obviously, this is either a lie or poor communication on the part of a communications company.

So, if some are disgusted or disheartened, it is not their fault for wanting a cool new product. Sprint and Palm should have been advertising their release date for months. We shouldn't have to play Nancy Drew and post rumors on the web. They should be enticing us and tempting us to buy this new expensive product.

For me, my phone is over 2 years old. Every hour or so, I have to turn it off and turn it back on because the screen had gone dead. The keys don't always work anymore. I waited for 6 months for my contract to expire so I could justify the cost of the 700w. That happened 3 months ago. I think my phone will probably die any day now and I refuse to blow my 2 year contract discount on a phone I don't want.

So Sprint, give us information and give us good information - and then you wouldn't have all of these disappointed customers. I am seriously on the point now of caving in and buying the 700p because my phone is dying. I have owned two PocketPCs and never wanted to own or use something with POS, but now I am desperate.

If Sprint and Palm refuses to give information, then if you ask me it is entirely their fault. I could just imagine Sony not giving any advance date for the release of the PS3 or the BlueRay... not gonna happen.
  18.    #138  
    ok, i just got off the phone with retentions. my account shows my purchase for the 700wx was made on 8/26 for the amont of $399. it show that it was to be shipped 8/31. i called to check on this and thay dont know why but said " we dont see it in our system. and can't order it for you, wait you already paid for it?" they don't know. thay see i have paid for something that thay dont even have. thay don't even know how much it costs. i asked them if thay wanted me to send some info to inform them but thay said they would look in to it. i did get a offical 9/3 out of them. for what it's worth i belive this one. this was from the supervisor of retentions.
    Do you think the Supervisor of Retentions, whose job it is to keep you as a customer, is gonna tell you the truth if there was something wrong with the launch?

btw, I contacted several Palm stores today. One of them is gonna let me order by phone on September 3rd, with a 10% discount, and I will likely use that 10% to have the ******* sonic same-day delivered or whatever. lol.
    No questions this wil hurt Verizon, but their exclusive period is now over. Verizon isn't playing a role in keeping this from happening. It's that Sprint and some Palm employees jumped the gun about a release date. Even when I was told 8/31 I found it strange since Palm always announces devices after midnight Sunday into Monday. I don't think Palm expected Sprint and their own people to leak as much information as they did. I've gotten a few emails about Palm not being happy with things I posted, and wondering how I got so much information on this device. I'll give it to Palm, they did an amazing job of keeeping this phone under wraps for as long as they did. We were all expecting a Sprint Treo 700w, and I am glad they went better than that.

I know some of us are frustrated it didn't happen today, but like I posted before I was told "keep watching it will be happening, VERY, VERY SOON", and I believe this to be the truth. Some things just didn't add up, like Sprint going to announce and sell it before Palm even made announced was a little fishy.

Don't worry guys, we'll have it very, very soon, I beleive my source.
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast