Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    the fella who posted the pics wasn't fired....
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thujaplicata View Post
    the fella who posted the pics wasn't fired....
    woo woo, insider info! Our corp support rep has come back and it's not available today.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    I'm sure they are in the back room of the store, they're told not to give any info on it. I called Newark Airport last week and they had them in stock, but couldn't sell them yet, now they don't even know what I'm talking about When I called the grove store last week I was told they had the 700wx in stock, and I could buy one that day for $649. My only problem is that I live in NJ I hear Palm got in touch with their retail stores after the leaks came out to not give any info on the 700wx.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by linxcod View Post
    The Palm Retail Store at The Grove definitley does not have the phones. The guy who took those pictures that have been circulating on the web was actually fired from Palm. The employees over at that store and the other Palm Store in Santa Monica are very cautious with giving too much information on the 700wx and still claim they don't know the release date. After going into the store personally, I was finally given an answer of Sept 3rd and the store would have special discounts instore. Im guessing some sort of rebates exclusive to palm store purchases.

I'm just tired of sprint delaying, they need to get ontop of the phone release. I left GSM carriers where I was buying unlocked phones every other month to come to Sprint becuase of faster internet and better reception. At least give me the opportunity to blow some money on some new phones.
    Sprint was first to the market (by far) with a wm 5.0 phone. They were "to the market" 2 weeks before Verizon with the 700p. The problem is we know too much. Look at the Q. We heard about the Q for a year, then the rumors kinda died down and one day it was for sale. Nobody expected it. Now we have people leaking user guides, videos, etc. It will be available when it should be, I'm not sure why everyone blames Sprint for these things, Verizon is ten times worse with delays
    We're all adults acting like Christmas day got delayed,lol. You're right, we know too much. No one can be mad at Sprint or Palm for this, they never officially announced it. We're just a bunch of geeks.
    Jimmie Geddes
    but see i and others do blame sprint, CS shouldnt have opened their mouths and emailed back responses with Aug 31st in it then. If they didnt know they should have jsut kept quiet and said sometime in Sept. like they are now
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23 View Post
    but see i and others do blame sprint, CS shouldnt have opened their mouths and emailed back responses with Aug 31st in it then. If they didnt know they should have jsut kept quiet and said sometime in Sept. like they are now
    Everything (on the business side) said the 31st. As most of us know they are robots that read knowledge base help and trouble shooting info. You can't be mad at them for that. They weren't making it up.
    Kash76

never said i blame CS per say, or anyone really just kinda pissed and people are all like everyone chill but see Im a college student i dont have unlimited funds and i need to time selling my phone with getting the new one and this kinda screws things up when yesterday they said tomm itll be out tomm. so i started selling my current phone and screwd dsome stuff up if it isnt absolutely out on the 3rd, this sunday. Just makes things difficult i guess on some
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Get a grip. Sprint didn't come out and promiss any of you it would be released today or any day. Stop acting like they raped your sister while pouring a jar a sugar down your gas tank.

They promissed you nothing, if we got riled up over a new phone's release with unoffical information or spotty information from reps we already know are not in the loop then its our own fault.

Most people couldn't give a crap about this phone's release, its not the end of the world and Sprint didn't screw anyone. For all we know its a shipping issue from Palm or whatever. If its not on their site to buy don't expect to be able to buy it.
    As a member of TC, you should know speculation on new models gets people tense, excited and drooling.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Well thats true but my whole point here is that it wasnt even the speculation on boards, CS clearly emailed back people saying the 31st, if they didnt know they should have said sometime soon or this month. Im tired of CS being misinformed and giving bad information not only phones but services and everytihng. Its time Sprint clearly educated its employees and got some kind of line of communication for these kinds of things set up. Theres no inbetween ground here, either CS quoted a date out of their butts, or there was a little birdy (email from corporate) that said the launch was delayed. I promise they didnt delay the launch at 8am this morning the day of, either they knew beforehand or they made stuff up, maybe even from online speculation. Either way isnt cool
    Actually, that was a response to Adiron who said Sprint never promised anything. However, I agree Sprint CS isn't the most reliable or helpful IMO. I think the 700wx is coming, I saw a pic of the box somewhere, it looked legit. We just don't know when.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    While I agree with you, people still should never have sold their phones or put them on the market until they had their new one in their hand. That's just not wise. If they did find a problem with them; I'd rather them take a week or two to correct it or at least develop a patch CD and deliver it with the phone (or have it available immediately for download) vs. just sending it out. In the grand scheme of things, it's just a device. Don't get me wrong; I'm excited about it and what I plan to do with it, but I'm not about to put my life and business on hold in expectation of something that may or may not happen when I want it to. Patience is definitely something that has to be learned....
    Well like I said CS multiple times said well have them the 31st to sell, so I said ok Ill start posting it for sale the day before and by the time I get the 700wz Ill hopefully find a buyer for the old phone at least. And if they did find a problem how are they going to fix all the ones that were sent out to Palm stores and some retail stores already? Thatd take days or weeks to return and restock and make no sense that there's a problem, theyre plaiying some kind of marketing ploy/headgame. I guess i just dont understand the "big secret" why no one will say a release date. Everyone at Sprint acts like its some CIA information. I understand if its something comingout in a 1 month+ but cmon its within days away why not just say the date.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I found this on the sprint user fourm, and thought it was interesting...

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...&page=11&pp=15

- post 159 has emails that were sent back fouth b'tween cs and a customer...
    Looks like it's never a good idea to buy a Treo when it first comes out anyway, sorry to say. The 700wx is what the 700w should have been.

I would also think people would want to copy info from one device to another. I would never sell my main phone until I had a new one and made sure it worked properly.

I do have a cheapo to use for service if need be, the point was i cant go too long out the money on the new one without replacing it back from selling the old

And exactly jbcross CS clearly said to many many people the 31st over and over so this isnt our faults were the consumers which means its Sprint's
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23 View Post
    Well if they did find a problem how are they going to fix all the ones that were sent out to Palm stores and some retail stores already? Thatd take days or weeks to return and restock and make no sense that there's a problem, theyre plaiying some kind of marketing ploy/headgame. I guess i just dont understand the "big secret" why no one will say a release date. Everyone at Sprint acts like its some CIA information. I understand if its something comingout in a 1 month+ but cmon its within days away why not just say the date.
    One comment, look what they did with the 700w. It got released by the promised date and apparently there were problems enough to offer a ROM update really soon. Sprint might want to avoid what happened at Verizon.

Yeh i got that point from a few people and my response is what can you possibly have to fix 2 days before launch that you didnt fix before you already retail boxed te damn things and shipped some out already. Thats ust rediculous, this wasnt a new model only sprint has its been out a while now and they had plenty of time to review the w and improve it to the wx were talking months they had to catch bugs, what could you possibly catch a day or 2 before launch after theyre all boxed and sealed ready to go and sell. If they got to the sealing/boxing procedure then sprint signed off on it that it was to their standards and ok to sell. I just dont buy into the delay to be anything to fix it, its something more company politics.
    This is Palm we're talking about. The customers are the beta testers. But Sprint perhaps can't afford all the returns if there really is a problem. They'd be better off fixing whatever the problem is BEFORE releasing, even if it's late.

Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I think that saying there is a problem is a stretch.
    Kash76

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast