Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Palm had them for sale before Sprint did. I remembered they listed them after midnight on a Sunday, I ordered mine that Monday morning from the Palm Developers Connection store, and received it the tuesday after Memorial day. On Palm's site it showed Sprint 700p's woiuld ship in a week, and Verizon was like 3 weeks I think.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Hmmm... Maybe next Sunday.
    This Thurs 31st, and next Sun the 3rd are te 2 dates floating around, shoul dbe one of the 2 for sure
    Only a week. 700p users enjoyed Memorial Day then played with their new phones the day after. 700wx users will enjoy Labor Day then play with their new phones after as well! So just relax.... ;-)
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    all I know is ill be so happy to come back to the treo (even if it is a WM5 device) after being away from my 650 for 6 months... The 6700 is good, but not as good as this 700wx will be to me. Can someone do a comparison on the memory of the 6700 vs the 700Wx? I'd like to see what the true trade off is...

I already know that one will be lack of wi-fi. I rarely use it, but when I need it, I REALLY NEED IT! When I ran my bill up last month, I started using Skype to make outgoing calls over wi-fi networks I happened to be near (amazing that Caribou Coffee, Panera Bread, and others don't charge for wi-fi, and some like Starbucks do.. but thats another discussion ) That capability really saved some $$... But Im willing to trade that off because I can go back to using my phone as a phone!
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I'd like someone who has both a WiFi card and a Sling box to try both on a 700wx when you get it and confirm they both work. I have a SanDisk WiFi card (got it when I was reviewing Zodiac stuff for a magazine that no longer exists).. I popped it into a loaner 700w (Verizon) and the OS automatically loaded drivers for it and it worked without ANY other futzing around at all. It saw my home network instantly.

(SanDisk no longer makes WiFi cards and the one I have is the one labelled "low power" and has no memory on it, just WiFi)..

Also the Sling box player works on the 700w from Verizon. I need confirmation that it works on the 700wx from Sprint before I spew out hundreds of dollars to get one and add it to my current Sprint plan. To be honest, the Sling player is the ONLY reason I'd want a 700w(x).

So, without the usual barrage of arguments, if one of you folks gets a 700wx on Sprint and has both a WiFi card and a Sling box, I'd appreciate you verifying that either / neither works correctly with it, or not.

Thanks,
    Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Harv,
    I have a Socket e300 card on order and will get the wx the day it's out and have a slingbox. I'll try to get you your answer
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    Harv,
    I have a Socket e300 card on order and will get the wx the day it's out and have a slingbox. I'll try to get you your answer
    Thank you kindly

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    I just called a downtown Chicago store (supposedly high traffic store), and they told me the 700wx was coming out in December. I could have smacked the guy thru the phone. How could he be that dumb?

Another store put me on hold and never got back to me after 6 min, I hung up.

Another will "call me back" within the hour, because Mondays are when they get their shipments. We'll see.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I called three stores in my area and they are all saying mid to end Sept. Shows that it hasn't been communicated very well!
    Kash76

My local gal said officially she didn't know a thing... then I asked unofficially and batted my eye lashes and cracked my best lil boy smile.... Sunday the 3rd and mine is on reserve. They don't have them yet, but she said they were due to arrive mid-week. She had no idea on pricing etc though...... other than MSRP.
    I went to my local store in Cary, NC to ask about the Treo 700wx. Two guys there said Sprint has chosen not to go with WindowsMobile devices -- said they had a training a few weeks back.

I wanted to B**(! slap the both of them with there Sanyo 2400's.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasDave555 View Post
    My local gal said officially she didn't know a thing... then I asked unofficially and batted my eye lashes and cracked my best lil boy smile.... Sunday the 3rd and mine is on reserve. They don't have them yet, but she said they were due to arrive mid-week. She had no idea on pricing etc though...... other than MSRP.
    I don't like that, more days to wait I'm thinking that telesales will be ready on the 31st though.
    Kash76

Quote Originally Posted by GolfBallMan View Post
    I went to my local store in Cary, NC to ask about the Treo 700wx. Two guys there said Sprint has chosen not to go with WindowsMobile devices -- said they had a training a few weeks back.

I wanted to B**(! slap the both of them with there Sanyo 2400's.
    Did you try batting your eyelashes at them?

Surur
    lol, if Sprint had chosen that they'd be shooting themselves in the foot. Not having Windows Mobile devices, and no RAZR phones?? Sprint will be carrying RAZR's and the Q very soon, and the 700wx is already in some customers hands Windows Mobile on a Treo is nice
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes View Post
    lol, if Sprint had chosen that they'd be shooting themselves in the foot. Not having Windows Mobile devices, and no RAZR phones?? Sprint will be carrying RAZR's and the Q very soon, and the 700wx is already in some customers hands Windows Mobile on a Treo is nice
    September 12. GSM. Fingers crossed for an unlocked GSM version I can use on T-Mobile USA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes View Post
    I was just amazed with the lack of not understanding your companies own offering..
    I went to my local Sprint Store. They said Sprint is going to introduce a new service called "Friends and Family." You call 1-800-FRIENDS and add all your friends to a special "Calling Circle." These people can be called free of charge, as long as you do it from an HP Jornada 520 Smart device.

Sprint also said there is no truth of the merger with Alltel, and that starting in the next 3 months, they will be introducing a service called "PC Pursuit" which will let you connect your PC to one in another city via modem, without incurring charges. They are only supporting 300 baud, citing lack of those people with 1200 baud or more modems.

They also said.. and I am not supposed to repeat... that an ad campaign will soon be started by them featuring a pin actually dropping on the floor. This is to demonstrate HOW QUIET IT WILL BE AT THE SPRINT HEADQUARTERS AFTER THEY GIVE EVERYONE WRONG INFORMATION AND THEY SWITCH CARRIERS!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfBallMan View Post
    I was just amazed with the lack of not understanding your companies own offering..
    When I called Sprint I was told the Treo 700wx would be available Auguts 31 from telesales and stores.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I hope it's in the stores so we don't have to wait another day or more for shipping
    Kash76

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast