1.    #1  
    There are two features from my POS Treos that I'd come to take for granted, and was hoping that I could find this same functionality on WM5: KeyCaps enabled the keys so that two quick presses or an extended press could change from lower to upper case, or to switch to the characters on the top of the key.

And Chatter, since its early days, enabled new mail notification through a rapidly blinking LED. I often turn the volume off, so this visual signal has been invaluable.

Can any former POS/Chatter users help me out, please?
    Im not sure on the blinking light but true exchange push sync is something i will never go without anymore. You can get free hosted exchange and it works great mail2web.com. I came from a paid exchange host and decided to try mail2web out, its simply great. There is a keycaps type program i forgot the name as i dont need it, pressing the up arrow and the key i want in caps has become second nature. i will try and find the program name for you. Spend a little time learning WM and you'll never go back to palmos. I have been on both sides of the fence many times. WM is simply more functional. Multitasking alone makes it a more functional OS and anyone who tries to argue that is sadly mistaken. Sure if you dont need multitasking palmos might be for you but it doesnt change the fact that WM can do it and thats more function.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by audiofx81 View Post
    Im not sure on the blinking light but true exchange push sync is something i will never go without anymore. You can get free hosted exchange and it works great mail2web.com. I came from a paid exchange host and decided to try mail2web out, its simply great. There is a keycaps type program i forgot the name as i dont need it, pressing the up arrow and the key i want in caps has become second nature. i will try and find the program name for you. Spend a little time learning WM and you'll never go back to palmos. I have been on both sides of the fence many times. WM is simply more functional. Multitasking alone makes it a more functional OS and anyone who tries to argue that is sadly mistaken. Sure if you dont need multitasking palmos might be for you but it doesnt change the fact that WM can do it and thats more function.
    Thanks for the encouragement-- it really helps, not having strayed from the POS since my Palm Vx days. Can you give me an example or two of how you multitask on your 700w?
    You may know that Marc, the developer of Chatter, has a workaround so that it does in fact work in the background on the POS. But I'm interested in knowing what other applications you might keep open in addition to your email client.
    [QUOTE=neill;1073315]There are two features from my POS Treos that I'd come to take for granted, and was hoping that I could find this same functionality on WM5: KeyCaps enabled the keys so that two quick presses or an extended press could change from lower to upper case, or to switch to the characters on the top of the key.

And Chatter, since its early days, enabled new mail notification through a rapidly blinking LED. I often turn the volume off, so this visual signal has been invaluable.

Can any former POS/Chatter users help me out, please?[/QUOTE

qoolapps.com is currently refining the development of the KeyCaps type prgram for the Moto Q and the 700w (and presumably 700wx by default)

I am signed up as a beta tester for the program on the 700w, which Brandon Davids says will be availabe to test in 2-3 weeks. Here is his email:

brandon@qoolapps.com
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    As far as multitasking goes.....While I am downloading a file on internet explorer, and listening to sirius sattelite radio, I go into agile and I.M. people, then I open up texas holdem and play that, then as soon as the file is done downloading a message pops up on my screen while I am playing the game telling me that it is finished. There are many more uses, that is just one example. Multi-tasking doesn't work to well on the 700w but should be awesome on the 700wx
    The 700wx sounds very nice
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes View Post
    I agree!!! I will be in line the day it comes out to get rid of my absolutely horrible Verizon Service!!!!!!! I don't think I have ever been as excited as I am to pay Verizon 175$!!!!!!!!!!!!
    too bad it isn't coming in a less bulky and less heavy form factor. sprint coverage and customer service don't work for me either (most all my calls are in family). i will say that the additional memory is a great thing for that device. wm5 is great too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes View Post
    I actually did not think I would say that, but I am thinking it is looking nice too! And after reading this article:

http://news.com.com/Can+Linux+save+t...3-6110042.html

I am not sure I want to wait around on that. Emulation is typically not that great, particularly in the first rev.