Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    It would be unfortunate if they launched a wi-fi capable device for the European market and then remove it for the US market. But if that is the case, I suppose we will just have to import one fromt he UK.
    Importing may not be possible since a Vodaphone one would be locked to their service.

Unfortunately this situation has happened before. Nokia sells the E61 everywhere except the U.S. Cingular will be launching the E62 which is the E61 with UMTS and Wifi removed. Notice a disturbing pattern?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    From what I have read, it doesn't sound like palm likes to make different versions of their devices. It is a possibility that Cingular will simply 'disable' the Wifi, which opens up the possibiity of 'enabaling the wifi'.

Or we could just buy an unlocked version directly from Palm, Does palm sell unlocked versions directly?

Otherwise there has to be a way to get the phone unlocked via software unlock.

Anticipation for this thing is building, but No Wi-Fi is a deal breaker. I am on T-mobile and don't have access to 3G
    the ram, camera, cpu speed, and ptt seem to make the cingular 8525 a better choice than the 750w.
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    From a specs point of view the 8525 will be a higher performance device. However, with it's landscape slideout keyboard, it's one handed operation is little to none.

I thought I had read somewhere and I could be wrong, that Palm would be selling the device on Vodaphone as well as direct in an unlocked version in the European markets.
    Quote Originally Posted by InnerGeek View Post
    From a specs point of view the 8525 will be a higher performance device. However, with it's landscape slideout keyboard, it's one handed operation is little to none.

I thought I had read somewhere and I could be wrong, that Palm would be selling the device on Vodaphone as well as direct in an unlocked version in the European markets.
    I completely agree. Even though the 8525 will have better specs, the overall design and software implementations of the treo may make it a superior device for some
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I completely agree. Even though the 8525 will have better specs, the overall design and software implementations of the treo may make it a superior device for some
    i will give you that the design will help more in the one handed operation for phone use. but what software implementations are you talking about?
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    I think you need to ask yourself before make any decision, do you use more of the PDA function (words,excel,big size web page browsing) than Phone (call,sms,light browsing,email)

I myself use phone function more than pda function. I ve been jumping around other devices than treo. I found the "single hand operation" is very important than the OS itself.
    Best pics yet:

http://forum.mypdacafe.com/viewtopic.php?t=11231

Confirms 64 MB RAM, miniSD. Processor: SC32442A-300MHz

Not a hint of Wifi
    It's so close. I really want this one to come faster. And if its got wifi then its a done deal - Crosses Fingers

I wonder how long vodafone will have them soley, i need to be able to buy a GSM unlocked version as i just renewed my contract about 5 months ago.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    ....but it looks a little ugly and not much slimmer than my 650. I can live with WM5 but resolution. Man thats an issue. once youve had 320x320 its hard to go back to a worse screen. thats the key for me.
    Best new pictures yet. What's with the 49MB application memory? Sure looks like a mini-SD symbol on the slot cover (for those you have been saying they think it's SD).
    I see 64 for storage, but application ram is looking like 49MB. Any I missing something? Seems like a weird amount of memory.

Quote Originally Posted by marcol View Post
    Best pics yet:

http://forum.mypdacafe.com/viewtopic.php?t=11231

Confirms 64 MB RAM, miniSD. Processor: SC32442A-300MHz

Not a hint of Wifi
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    I see 64 for storage, but application ram is looking like 49MB. Any I missing something? Seems like a weird amount of memory.
    Here you go:

http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/...17/494177.aspx
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    Exactly the point I was trying to make. For me the ease of single handed use with a static keyboard device is important to me. So with current releases, that leaves me with the choice of this Treo or the HP 6900. I prefer the form factor of the Treo, and as you said, some of the software apps that Palm includes are helpful.
    Or if you dont want to wade through that, the short version is that a certain amount of RAM is allocated before boot time for hardware buffers for data I/O, for example to take megapixel pictures.

Surur
    Nice pics. Looks better than the 700, and just a touch thinner (not much). I'd love to have my unlocked (or Cingular) version in black please.

I do wonder about the GSM PalmOS version. I would imagine that it is using the same body, maybe even the same memory configuration. But Garnet in this package does suck, most definitely a case of old wine in new wine skins.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Best new pictures yet. What's with the 49MB application memory? Sure looks like a mini-SD symbol on the slot cover (for those you have been saying they think it's SD).
    thanks for pics,
    where does it confirm mini sd?
    Quote Originally Posted by byronchurch
    where does it confirm mini sd?
    You are clearly still in the denial stage of the 5 phases of grief.

Surur
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast