Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treogator View Post
    One thing that Palm OS still does better is sync. Active sync cannot do one way sync so that either desktop or handheld overrides. I see that as a major missing link. Active Sync is a release 4.2, so it's not exactly brand new software. Chapura Pro lets you specify which way you want to sync and also which folder or subfolder you want to sync.

Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    Am I missing something?

Precisely!

why must there be so much talk about ANTI-Microsoft these days? is it because some people have been with Palm so long they can't imagine anything else?
    iPhone 8GB on T-Mo
    One thing that Palm OS still does better is sync. Active sync cannot do one way sync so that either desktop or handheld overrides. I see that as a major missing link. Active Sync is a release 4.2, so it's not exactly brand new software. Chapura Pro lets you specify which way you want to sync and also which folder or subfolder you want to sync.
    I really haven't had too many issues with AS. But then again I'm not a hardcore syncer. I think its been over a month since I've connected my 8125 to my computer :P
    Am I missing something?

haha, I know a lot about the devices themselves but I guess I'm an AS noob :-p

Oh, and I'd block out some of that info you have there, I can see your phone number.
    Quote Originally Posted by treofun View Post
    Precisely!

why must there be so much talk about ANTI-Microsoft these days? is it because some people have been with Palm so long they can't imagine anything else?
    I am not anti microsoft myself. I am using windows XP.
    My choice of Palm OS is just a matter of personal preference not a judgement of one company
    Some more info has popped up on that site. It confirms miniSD and NO WIFI

Codename : Lennon

Operating System : Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0

CPU Clock : 312MHz

ROM size : 128MB

RAM size : 64MB

Resolution : 240 x 240

Expansion Slots : miniSD (SDIO)

Wireless LAN : Not supported

Built-in Camera : CMOS sensor, 1280x1024 (1.3MP)

Comments:
    Customization to make it works similar to PalmOS Treo650. Example, Releasing of network (Press and Hold Power button) and some application that is added into the extrom like Speed dial software buttons plug-ins on today screen. Slimmer Battery compare to Treo650 makes us thinks that it will drain faster than 650. Having a hot swap memory slot but CAPPED will be difficult for us to use SDIO cards but it maybe plans to release their own branding SDIO cards to fit in.
    http://www.tatsdiy.com/default.asp

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post

http://www.tatsdiy.com/default.asp

Surur
    Thanks
    Even though I'm still thinking of making the switch to WM, this 750 as is, prolly won't be it.
    Just call me Berd.
    LOL I guess now is the time to accept that Palm will NEVER come up with a PLEASANT surprise, only nasty ones. So we were foolish to even think it possible that Lennon would have Wifi. Wifi is not on my must-have list personally, but it is just disappointing that Palm continues to lag behind. All I can say it, this phone better be reasonably priced, or I don't see how they are going to move them.
    Am I missing something?

That's only in case of conflict. If you just want to sync one way to where either the desktop or the handheld overrides no matter whether there is a conflict or not, then there is no sync option. I'm looking at Chapura Pro for
    WM05 at present, but I believe it does not do wireless sync like Active Sync.
    alright!! someone's gonna get a hurt real bad!!

and yet at the same time i am not surprised...but again if it is confirmed HSDPA (yes i know people are saying yes HSDPA) im all good..else..hp i a go go
    I sometimes use my treo while in the bathroom... Of I use this Treo Lennon in the bathroom... If a lot of others use it in the bathroom as well, maybe they will rename it a TREO JOHN LENNNON!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Check out this site. they seem to be sure the 750 has wifi.
    http://crunchgear.com/2006/08/28/tre...-feature-list/
    It seems we might end up with two different versions of the treo...
    Surur, brings to mind your thoughts on the conference call:

Interesting points - slow sales for the Treo 700w. Key changes made to European carriers on their request (? WIFI and 64 MB ram?)
    So far we have 1) pics of a non-Vodafone (Cingular?) 750 with no Wifi icon on the Today screen (and sort-of confirmation of no Wifi) and 2) a pic of a Vodafone 750 with a Wifi icon. I guess it's possible that there are two variations: Wifi version for Vodafone/Europe and a Wifi-less version for (?) Cingular. There's some precedent for this: European carriers have the Nokia E61, which has Wifi, Cingular has the E62, which is Wifiless.
    Quote Originally Posted by adkalra View Post
    Check out this site. they seem to be sure the 750 has wifi.
    http://crunchgear.com/2006/08/28/tre...-feature-list/
    It seems we might end up with two different versions of the treo...
    adkalra, Ooops. I wasn't trying to ignore you and make the same point I just forgot refresh. Apologies! Hey, at least we're thinking along the same lines
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    That's only in case of conflict. If you just want to sync one way to where either the desktop or the handheld overrides no matter whether there is a conflict or not, then there is no sync option. I'm looking at Chapura Pro for
    WM05 at present, but I believe it does not do wireless sync like Active Sync.
    Seems I misunderstood. I dont honestly have a problem with the way things are handled.

Regarding Chapura, do you mean over wifi, or more like an exchange server? If wifi, I don't think activesync allows this anymore either, due to some kind of security issue.
    so still not sure if there is WI-FI or not?

I guess on Sept 12th, we'll find out more
    Does anyone ever compare Treo 700P with 700W
    and
    compare 700W with HTC devices . How the WM5 os differ to each other?
    Quote Originally Posted by horatiub View Post
    But where's the fun in waiting? I think the Treo community should be thoroughly ashamed of itself if it doesn't know all of the specs before the announcement
    Seems I misunderstood. I dont honestly have a problem with the way things are handled.

Regarding Chapura, do you mean over wifi, or more like an exchange server? If wifi, I don't think activesync allows this anymore either, due to some kind of security issue.
    Over either EVDO, EDGE, UMTS or Wifi to a hosted Exchange server. Was that restriction over wifi a result of upgrading to Active Sync 4.2? I know that I have synced over wifi using 4.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by horatiub View Post
    so still not sure if there is WI-FI or not?

But It is still a good idea to speculate.

I especially appreciate the total landslide of Threads that pop up just before, and right after the Official release.
    Just call me Berd.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast