Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    what are you two arguing about? I don't think it's Tmobile, well I know it won't be, and it does look like miniSD to me.
    MiniSD - Whatever7 will not be convinced until after he holds the device in his hand and tried to force his extensive SD card collection into the slot.

Surur
    The more I see pics of it...I honestly don't like some of the look of it on the cosmetic side, being like the BB 8700 with the simular color too. I also think in some areas it looks cheap like the top with the ringer toggle in comparison to the 700p. It doesn't feel like a treo full circle IMO, IMO...IMO.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Would someone please post the pics in this thread? I can't get to them with my ancient T600!

Thanks in advance!!
    In-focus pics with clear Wi-Fi icon on Treo 750, seen via Engadget

http://www.tatsdiy.com/

Cheers
    VikingBrad
    All I see is a signal strength icon and a data connection icon. No wifi icon there.
    Agreed. No WIFI icon there.

Surur
    It looks like the sides of the device have some sort of gutters -- are they concave in? I think this might be an attempt to get more grippability, which I highly applaud. My 650 is needlessly slippy in my hand. Such an easy thing to fix, so let's hope they've fixed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    The more I see pics of it...I honestly don't like some of the look of it on the cosmetic side
    Beauty is in the eye... etc, etc, but I really like the looks. No external antenna makes a big difference (for the good, IMO) and I like black and silver. If it has the soft-touch exterior, the rubbery-looking ringer switch would fit with this. Probably as a consequence of internalising the antenna, the top now has a nice clean look, which I also like. Proof of the pudding... etc, etc, but based on pics I'd say it's the best looking Treo so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by blulegend View Post
    All I see is a signal strength icon and a data connection icon. No wifi icon there.
    Not knowing much about this I asked the question in this thread and a couple of people more familiar with WM icons, adkalra and InnerGeek, confirmed that the Wifi icon disappears when the Wifi radio is turned off. So the lack of Wifi icon doesn't mean necessarily that there's no Wifi radio. FWIW, this older pic from Microsoft has the Vodafone with a Wifi icon:

http://msmobiles.com/news.php/5421.html

Hardly proof of built in Wifi though (screen shot could be from a device with a Wifi card or could be a mock up). At this point I think we just have to say we don't know if it has Wifi or not
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Agreed. No WIFI icon there.

Surur
    My bad, I thought the funnel icon was Wi-Fi. Can you tell I'm a Palm OS user

Cheers
    VikingBrad
    Last edited by VikingBrad; 08/27/2006 at 03:41 AM. Reason: correction
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingBrad View Post
    My bad, I thought the funnel icon was Wi-Fi. Can you tell I'm a Palm OS user

Cheers
    VikingBrad

Thats meant to be an antenna (of the coat-hanger type I believe )

Surur
    I would rather stick with Palm OS
    Treo With WM5 is like a Mercedes Benz with Hyundai Interior

I dont know if I can live with that
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Why not? I bet $20 the Lennon is miniSD, and $10 the Nitro is the same (paid via paypal or similar). Do you agree?

If you want to adjust the stakes just let me know.

Surur
    All I said was the PalmOS Treo has SD card, when did I say the WM Treo has SD card? Why because the dudes in hi-pda said it has SD slot. These new pictures is the first time we see indication of *maybe* two different body shells for the GSM versions. Yeah right how about we bet $20 on the PalmOS Treo and 5 cent for the WM5 GSM Treo.

I don't want to waste any more time arguing this particular point becuase the phone will be announced in 2 weeks. I wouldn't be surprised there are three different GSM Treo with three different radio.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol View Post
    Beauty is in the eye... etc, etc, but I really like the looks. No external antenna makes a big difference (for the good, IMO) and I like black and silver. If it has the soft-touch exterior, the rubbery-looking ringer switch would fit with this. Probably as a consequence of internalising the antenna, the top now has a nice clean look, which I also like. Proof of the pudding... etc, etc, but based on pics I'd say it's the best looking Treo so far.

It's all Kool and the gang...
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by esatyawan View Post
    Treo With WM5 is like a Mercedes Benz with Hyundai Interior

I dont know if I can live with that
    to each their own of course...i like both POS and WM...but after using a WM device...i really do like it more..of course it has its drawbacks...but im sure palm can make it better
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    It's all Kool and the gang...
    That's what I was trying to say

Not sure that Palm will ever make a Treo that could be summed up by your avatar though! - btw, did she ever find her contact lens?
    after using both Palm OS and WM devices for 7-8 yrs now, I have to say that Palm OS treos are like a mercedes benz exterior and a hyundai interior that's been rotting in a lake for the past 4 yrs. No major updates in 4 yrs, the OS has been hacked and patched so much its no longer anywhere near the old simple reliable quick OS that made it popular. I'm glad that Palm has moved on with WM5, a fresh OS and a company that actually puts some money behind it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    after using both Palm OS and WM devices for 7-8 yrs now, I have to say that Palm OS treos are like a mercedes benz exterior and a hyundai interior that's been rotting in a lake for the past 4 yrs. No major updates in 4 yrs, the OS has been hacked and patched so much its no longer anywhere near the old simple reliable quick OS that made it popular. I'm glad that Palm has moved on with WM5, a fresh OS and a company that actually puts some money behind it.
    One thing that Palm OS still does better is sync. Active sync cannot do one way sync so that either desktop or handheld overrides. I see that as a major missing link. Active Sync is a release 4.2, so it's not exactly brand new software. Chapura Pro lets you specify which way you want to sync and also which folder or subfolder you want to sync.
    I spoke to Palm on Friday. September 12 at 9am PST, is when the press release is coming out from Europe. Special invites to the big grand opening have been sent out. We'll be meeting with Palm at 10am - first appointment available - so a video of the device and OS will be made available shortly after. So stay tune. It so happens September 12 is the first day of CTIA Wireless in LA.
    Last edited by SlashGear; 08/27/2006 at 09:41 PM.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast