1.    #1  
    I noticed that 8GB SD cards are just now beginning to hit the market. Does anyone know if the 700W will support it?

Thanks,
    Tom
  2.    #2  
    Has anyone out there tried an 8GB SD card yet?

Will it work in the Treo 700W?

Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by TomBoisseau View Post
    Has anyone out there tried an 8GB SD card yet?

Will it work in the Treo 700W?

Tom
    SanDisk's official SD High Capacity website says the new cards are not compatible with older host devices. But I too am hoping against hope...
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Please provide a link to the 8GB SD card, all I can find is CF(CompactFlash).
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Please provide a link to the 8GB SD card, all I can find is CF(CompactFlash).
    They are presently for sale on ebay!

Tom
    bump...anyone? Man, still super pricey, going for $200+ on ebay. The $50 4 gb are looking a whole lot better but DAMN! 8 gb!
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    This thread doesn't have an answer, but has more recent discussion on this topic:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=132182
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Here is an 8GB deal for $51, from newegg.com. Shipping = $5.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211148

It's not the fastest SD card, nor is A-Data necessarily a brand name (at least to me). But I could lard this thing up with audio files and do pretty well, I think.

Does anyone have any experience with 8GB on the 700w/wx platform? I'd be willing to give this a shot.

Note on the reviews for this thing that 650 and 680 owners report success using this 8GB SD card.

EDIT: Transcend 8GB card from Amazon for $74. I've had good experience with Transcend. http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-8GB-...bosnation0e-20
    Last edited by Tastypeppers; 02/26/2007 at 07:26 PM.
    Tasty...

DO NOT BUY!!! Both of those cards are SDHC format and will not work in the Treo (trust me, I've tried. I have a 4 gigger if you're interested).

The 700p has a workaround but as of right now the W/WX cannot support this format.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    Tasty...

DO NOT BUY!!! Both of those cards are SDHC format and will not work in the Treo (trust me, I've tried. I have a 4 gigger if you're interested).

The 700p has a workaround but as of right now the W/WX cannot support this format.
    Thank you, thank you for the information. I will PM you about the 4GB card.