1.    #1  
    I'm sure this is a stupid question... but

Is it possible to get a Sprint PCS 700wx and have Verizon's plan attach to the ESN number, since they are both CDMA carriers. Or is the phone ROM and/or radio inherantly different between Sprint and Verizon?

I know this can be done on GSM phones, since the SIM card just needs to be put in the GSM phone of yor choice, but of course the CDMA has no card. For example, one could buy a British HTC TyTn and use it with a Cingular SIM card here in the US. In fact, eBay already has unlocked European TyTn's for sale to be used by Cingular or T-Mobile (GSM) customers in the US, even though the layest HTC Hermes design will not be available for at least 2 months from a US carrier.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    I'm pretty sure this can't be done, unless someone makes the hack that got Sprint 650's to be Verizoned since Verizon didn't have it for a while. I'm sure if this was possible people would have done it the other way around, buy a Verizon 700w when it first came out and use it on Sprint. That's the great thing with GSM, you have many more options. I could be completely wrong about this, but I think we would have heard this being done the same way we heard Sprint 650's were being Verizonized.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I have called our VZW business rep and they are pretending that this device does not exist. That tells me 2 things.

1. VZW is not going to have it for a while, if they get it at all.

2. There is no way they will allow you to connect this device to their network since it will be a Sprint exclusive. (at least at first).
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post
    I'm sure this is a stupid question... but

Is it possible to get a Sprint PCS 700wx and have Verizon's plan attach to the ESN number, since they are both CDMA carriers. Or is the phone ROM and/or radio inherantly different between Sprint and Verizon?
    While the phones are cross-compatible VZW won't let you activate it since the ESN will not show up in their database.

Earthlink also offers Treos (and resells Sprint and VZW airtime as a "virtual" carrier) but you can't activate them on VZW either (I tried - no go with a non-VZW ESN).