Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Read it and weep.....for joy that is!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Gps ?

Surur
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Gps ?

Surur
    Good catch....no one has commented on that yet.....
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    My Phone history.....
    So it appears the 700wx has the same memory configuration has the 700w?...
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod
    Thats what I am seeing. Anyone have any ideas?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod
    No this states that the 700wx has the same amount ROM as the 700w. It dosen't say anything about the RAM. The RAM is where these two phones differ. The 700w has 32MB of RAM and the 700wx has 64MB.
    My Phone history.....
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I am so pissed about that.
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I am so thinking of jumping to the dark side, for a trial run.
    I too am curious about the GPS....Hey Murph when you get a chance to check it out today could you find out what thats all about?
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I am so thinking of jumping to the dark side, for a trial run.
    I was thinking the same thing but I didn't want to leave the verizon network since it is the best I have found. But I want more memory.
    I was thinking the same thing but I didn't want to leave the verizon network since it is the best I have found. But I want more memory.
    This has always been the big mistery for me... Dont Sprint and Verizon use the SAME towers?? Alltel owns most of the towers anyways - so wouldnt Sprint and Verizon coverage be exactly the same? Could someone please help me understand this?

I should also state the following. I live and work in 2 different cities (about 35 miles apart). Currently i use Verizon. Neither city: Zipcode 28621, or zipcode 28675 are in the Verizon Home network. Both cities are in BFE. However my Verizon 1x service is Great! Roaming obviously..

However my home city: 28621, is in the Sprint Home network! So i'm thinking that Sprint would be equal to my Verizon service.. Any thoughts?? Should i make my own thread for this?
    Last edited by tama2112; 08/21/2006 at 10:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    No this states that the 700wx has the same amount ROM as the 700w. It dosen't say anything about the RAM. The RAM is where these two phones differ. The 700w has 32MB of RAM and the 700wx has 64MB.
    I saw where some are saying that. But I have not seen any hard evidence. Is it true?
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112
    However my home city: 28621, is in the Sprint Home network! So i'm thinking that Sprint would be equal to my Verizon service.. Any thoughts?? Should i make my own thread for this?
    I can't comment on the Sprint service in your area but assuming it is equal, you will be paying less for data on Sprint compared with Verizon. That coupled with the extra memory on the 700Wx will probably result in a more pleasurable user experience.

If you are wondering about coverage, you could always ask people in your area who they use as a provider and see what they say.
  14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    When does this phone come out? I know there is a thread on here, but being lazy as I am.....
    I can't comment on the Sprint service in your area but assuming it is equal, you will be paying less for data on Sprint compared with Verizon. That coupled with the extra memory on the 700Wx will probably result in a more pleasurable user experience.

If you are wondering about coverage, you could always ask people in your area who they use as a provider and see what they say.
    That makes sense.. I have a feeling that my coverage at home and at work would be exactly the same. HOWEVER - i do travel A LOT. All over the nation - ao i would want to make sure that my coverage with Sprint was equal to Verizon.
    It's supposed to be availabe this sunday the 27th for business customers, and Sept.3rd for the public. Sprint likes to release phones on a Sunday for some reason.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    The problem is that I don't want to have to buy another phone.
    If roaming isn't an issue, a Sprint phone will always roam on the Verizon network without any problem, if a Sprint signal isn't available. So for voice, the Sprint networks and Verizon networks are, essentially, identical.

I rarely have problems getting a Sprint signal in any medium size or larger city. It's sometimes problematic in rural areas and along the interstates. But I frequently can't even roam in those places, which means that there's no Verizon signal, either.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I'd sell my phone for around $150 to purchase a VZW 700wx.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    phone as a modem required? what does that mean
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast