Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am undecided if I want to purchase this 700wx. I had the ppc6700 and found the os to be very nice. when I went to the 700p from the 6700 I feel in love with the one handed operation and ease of navigating. I didn't have to pay for my 700p, it was given to me in place of my 5th repair on the 6700 in 5 months by sprint service and repair. I starting missing thing like push email with my exchange server, the today screen, windows style folders for store card files.

after about 3 weeks of the 700p I'm not sure about it anymore. I like the tethered text messaging, sprint TV (which I pay only $2.50 more for ultimate version), true picture mail, access to my vision account (what ever its called where I can see minutes used, text messages used, content manager)

I myself have the ability to purchase this new 700wx at full new customer price and have the money in hand I just don't know if it is an upgrade or a down grade. not that you guys input is going to make my decision for me its just I would like to see how many are going in what direction.

there's going to be a thread like this sooner or later so why not now.

I got a list of programs for the soon to be 700wx from http://sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110518

thanks, cody

ps: i am posting this in the 700p forum as well so i dont get favored results. a link to that thread is http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...89#post1070289
    I'm returning my 700P to get a 700WX.
    Anyone know if the 700wx will use Sprint's Picture Mail, or do pics need to be sent via Mobile Outlook.

Also, what about SMS...is Mobile Outlook the text messaging app for the 700wx?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I'm returning my 700P to get a 700WX.
    why? what's making you leave the p for the wx?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay
    Anyone know if the 700wx will use Sprint's Picture Mail, or do pics need to be sent via Mobile Outlook.

Also, what about SMS...is Mobile Outlook the text messaging app for the 700wx?
    all I know for sure is thay weren't able to put sprint tv on it. when the 6700 came it was the same way. due to how wm5.0 worked they couldn't do sprint tv due to the java thing ( I think) I feel it it safe to say we won't be seeing the true picture mail or teathered text as well. it looks like the 6700 in a treo body. there was a hach for mms on the 6700 but really did alow you to access your online sprint photo album deal.
    I am getting 700wx, i think it will be an upgrade from the BB that i curently have.
    for threaded Text you can use this free app. it will work on 700w/700wx. WILL NOT WORK ON 6700

http://benhirashima.com/software/
    Last edited by bm_masri; 08/20/2006 at 07:22 PM.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bm_masri
    for threaded Text you can use this free app. it will work on 700w/700wx. WILL NOT WORK ON 6700

http://benhirashima.com/software/
    well that is good news in favor of the wx.

and I know that mobi tv works on wm5.0 as well.

I just wonder how much I am going to pay in extra apps to make the wx do what the p does.

don't get me wrong. I sure liked wm os.
    What is the best way to achieve Chatter like push email on the 700w? If I can get my email instantly as I do with Chatter then I will be making the switch.

Does anyone know if Marc from Chatter is working on a Windows?
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    you can get a free exchange account at mail2web.com and it will let you use push through activesync.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jschles
    What is the best way to achieve Chatter like push email on the 700w? If I can get my email instantly as I do with Chatter then I will be making the switch.

Does anyone know if Marc from Chatter is working on a Windows?
    I use 4smartphone is sync contacts, calendar, email, and all email folders instantly. everytime there is a change on either your ppc or your pc.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    yep, same thing. There are good solutions out there for WM!!
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc
    why? what's making you leave the p for the wx?
    I've been using PalmOS based devices for 5+ years now and it's just beginning to feel old and antiquated to me.

I've played around w/ WM devices and am pleased at how "fresh" they are compared to PalmOS devices. I mean, even if WM devices are just mini-versions of Windows PCs, it's still a nice change from the old, rotting PalmOS. Maybe once they finally switch to that ACCESS Linux platform I will switch back.

I just wonder how much I am going to pay in extra apps to make the wx do what the p does.

don't get me wrong. I sure liked wm os.
    That's funny. I always see people posting here at TC and on other forums asking the reverse (how WM devices already come with lots of the apps. you need while you need to buy alot of these apps. for PalmOS devices).
    after about 3 weeks of the 700p I'm not sure about it anymore. I like ... access to my vision account (what ever its called where I can see minutes used, text messages used, content manager)
    How do/did you access that on the 700p?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    How do/did you access that on the 700p?
    vision.sprintpcs.com/

it was one of the preset bookmarks
    I've already done the WM thing with a 6700. It's Palm OS for me for now. Hopefully the next version of WM is a big improvement and WM finds an answer to Chatter et al.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    PICTURE MAIL will most likely be setup in pocket outlook under an account called MMS that you can't delete. Thats how the 6700 is and the 700w also. It's easy to use and just as feature-enabled as default picture mail. I have no issues with it for Verizon...
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    I've already done the WM thing with a 6700. It's Palm OS for me for now. Hopefully the next version of WM is a big improvement and WM finds an answer to Chatter et al.
    Exachange activesync is the answer. Hopefully one day you won't need exchange server SP 2 to do this, just I have mail2web hosting my email for free, so it was even cheaper than chatter
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I've been using PalmOS based devices for 5+ years now and it's just beginning to feel old and antiquated to me.

I've played around w/ WM devices and am pleased at how "fresh" they are compared to PalmOS devices. I mean, even if WM devices are just mini-versions of Windows PCs, it's still a nice change from the old, rotting PalmOS. Maybe once they finally switch to that ACCESS Linux platform I will switch back.
    This is partially why I switched. I used Palm OS devices from 1997-2004 and entered the PPC world with the XV6600. That device was extreme (big and 2-handed) but it didn't take long to see the advantages of the WM platform. The Treo 700w is the perfect balance so I quickly switched to it.

I'd also consider switching if Palm produces a Linux device.
    Are there 700W equivalents, either natively, or as an add-on, for AIM chat (Toccer), anti-aliased fonts (Font Smoother), and Div-X video viewing (TCMP)?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast