Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Who else besides me is gonna be pissed if these new treo's do have wifi and run off of the next REV of EVDO. Our brand new couple of months old $$$$$$$$$ outdated treo's..
    Quote Originally Posted by json
    Who else besides me is gonna be pissed if these new treo's do have wifi and run off of the next REV of EVDO. Our brand new couple of months old $$$$$$$$$ outdated treo's..
    I will, specially since these are GSM Treos and shouldn't work on EVDO at all.

Seriously, if these devices have Wi-Fi, I can only imagine the kind of pressure the European carriers put on Palm to include it.

If these Treos DO have Wi-Fi, good for Palm. That would mean the next round of EVDO Treos would probably have it also.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr
    Ummm... If you read the post, I am speculating that future Windows Mobile devices will have integrated WiFi. (Not PalmOS.)

P.S. - Power consumption is afterall Palm Inc's stated reason for not releasing Treos with WiFi.
    Stated reasons and real reasons are usually not the same with Palm. I was watching a video of an interview with one Palm rep. (don't remember what his position was) and he stated the reason why the 700p didn't have wifi was because it supported Ev-DO, and therefore wifi wasn't needed. Of course, we all know the real reason is that PalmOS can't handle wifi and cellular radios, but they're not actually going to tell you that.

Personally, I don't think Palm will be implementing wifi until the next gen OS Treo is out. Wifi is already a possibility with the WM Treos, but somehow I don't feel they'll be putting it in because it might not increase their sales that much. Personally, I'd rather they fix the screen resolution before implementing wifi. I think more people would appreciate that more than wifi.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Hey stockoperator, don't you want to add all the people at TC who don't like your posts to your short bashers list?

Man you sure don't get it. Don't you see, where ever you go you **** off people with your posts. I put you on ignore on Yahoo and thought I got rid of you, and here you are doing it again. Wish TC also had an ignore option.
  5.    #25  
    Well we only have to wait until September 12th to find out. In either case, this new chip opens the possibility for Smartphone manufacturors to include Wifi in their devices.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ash1348
    Hey stockoperator, don't you want to add all the people at TC who don't like your posts to your short bashers list?

Man you sure don't get it. Don't you see, where ever you go you **** off people with your posts. I put you on ignore on Yahoo and thought I got rid of you, and here you are doing it again. Wish TC also had an ignore option.
    It does. Check your profile page.

Miscellaneous
    Event Reminders
    Buddy / Ignore Lists
    Attachments
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Thanks jbcross
    I think the Lennon (750v) will have wifi. if the SD card loads from the side and is hidden (doesn't stick out or exposed like on the 700/650/600) then an SD wifi card (which the 700w supports) wouldn't fit. So either it doesn't support Wifi at all (odd since the 700w does) or it's built in. Hopefully the latter
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    I think the Lennon (750v) will have wifi. if the SD card loads from the side and is hidden (doesn't stick out or exposed like on the 700/650/600) then an SD wifi card (which the 700w supports) wouldn't fit. So either it doesn't support Wifi at all (odd since the 700w does) or it's built in. Hopefully the latter
    Great point!
    but here's the thing kinda

chances are this photo from http://www.pdaexpertos.com/foros/viewtopic.php?p=233493 says miniSD..

now if that is true, Palm can say, it does support wifi, however through the expansion slot with the miniSD wifi card...the overhang is much less than a standard wifi SD card...of course the door may not close and such...

but yeah i dunno...i really do want wifi...and well im gonna get my ugly stick out of hiding...palm when was the last time you were beaten with an ugly stick
    My buying this thing probably hinges on there being Wifi, which would take a bit of the sting out of Vodafone's astronomical data prices. Of course better still would be if they were to do the decent thing and come up with a cheap, unlimited data plan

The most recent pics don't have the Wifi icon but an older one does. I'd be grateful if someone who knows more about WM icons could help me out. Does the Wifi icon disappear if Wifi is turned off?

If the older pic is taken at face value, I guess this must mean Wifi is built in (there's no card sticking out).
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo View Post
    but yeah i dunno...i really do want wifi...and well im gonna get my ugly stick out of hiding...palm when was the last time you were beaten with an ugly stick
    If they don't put Wifi in, I'll hold 'em, you beat 'em
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    As far as I can remember. The wifi icon is off if wifi is off. Wifi icon is present if wifi is on. Wifi plus blinking arrows while it is connecting. Wifi icon plus static arrow when connected. I believe the previous pic showed an icon without arrows indicating wifi is on but no connection is present or attempted.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Ok just tested it out on my MDA. When you turn on Wi-Fi, the icon drops in in place of the E (Edge) icon. When I turn of the wi-fi, the E icon returns.

A
    Thanks, chaps. That offers a bit of hope then!
    Interestingly the POS Treo Nitro has no Infra-red, while the Treo 750v does, as can be seen on these Treonaut picture collection.
    http://blog.treonauts.com/

Surur
    Good spot. Strangely, I used IR a couple of days ago, for probably the first time this year. Used it to beam a contact to my son's (my old) Treo 600. Would have used BT but the 600 is BTless. About says it all really. My only use for IR is to connect to a 3-year-old phone!
    Also from Treonauts is this link to a Vodafone microsite. Treonauts points out this confirms that it's officially called the '750v'. At least we can stop calling it Hollywood/Lennon etc. I wonder if this means there will be a 750c (Cingular)? Unlocked 750w, 750u ?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I'll say this, this phone isn't coming fast enough for me. I have really had enough of the slide out keyboard and the crap reception of my MDA.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Interestingly the POS Treo Nitro has no Infra-red, while the Treo 750v does, as can be seen on these Treonaut picture collection.
    http://blog.treonauts.com/

Surur
    Look again at the second picture, the IR port is above the SD slot on the right hand side of the unit. (EDIT: Nevermind)
    Last edited by Brandorr; 08/25/2006 at 07:28 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast