1.    #1  
    All of a sudden my Treo 700w is not ringing when calls come in. The slider on top is set to sound. When the bluetooth earpiece is on I can hear it ring, but when it is off there is no sound whatsoever. It's like there is a mute button I accidentally hit but can't find again. Help!

Tige'
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Did you put the switch on top to sound off? It's by the card slot.

Greg
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Check to make sure that the sound level for the ringer is not turned all the way down. I have had this happen before.
  4.    #4  
    Greg, from time to time (like in a theater) I slide the switch on top to "mute" but it's not on mute now. Is there any other way to mute the speaker for CALLS ONLY? It works fine for music and other sounds - just not calls.

Is it possible to tell my phone the make NO sound from certain phone numbers?

Tige'
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Are you by chance using Phone Alarm?
    I am having the same problem every few days. After a bunch of soft resets, it goes away for a bit. I am not using phone alarm.

To me this is similar to the brightness issue with the treo (it forgets what brightness level you want).
    I had the same problem, twice. Both times I had to get a replacement phone.
    Ugg, I really dont want a replacement crapola refurb...
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    replacing the phone is not gonna do the trick. many are experiencing the problem and the ones that arent will eventually.
    As disheartening as it sounds I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this problem... I thought I was losing my mind. My device (the 3rd 700w I've had since feb) started to not ring on incoming 2 weeks ago. The vibrate feature will not work either to alert me. I have reset, changed ring settings, all to no avail.... Interestingly, if I have a wired headset in, all other alerts are audible but no incoming phone ring!!

If I'm not looking at the device to see a call... it gets missed....
    I'm thinking about a Chocolate =8-)
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cognetic View Post
    If I'm not looking at the device to see a call... it gets missed....
    I'm thinking about a Chocolate =8-)
    Everybody loves chocolate...
    I've returned 2 treos due to the volume issues. As I've already had 2 refurbished units, my last busted one got me a brand new Treo per verizon's three strike policy.

I don't know what to say, just have a warantee!