1.    #1  
    Hi,

I read about someone that has a 700p & has the tether plan from verizon (15 extra per month). Is there that same option for the 700w?

Thanks,
    Rich
    i think you want PDANet. Pay the 30 or 40 bucks to the developer, and then you can tether for free.

Without paying vzw more money!

I'm using it right now.
    Cheers for PDAnet. VZW would love to soak you for an extra $15 on top of the $40-$45 that you already pay for unlimited data.

One word of caution: Before you start using PDAnet, double check your VZW service plan and make sure you have UNLIMITED data.
    The VZW tethering option is the same regardless of whether it's a 700p or 700w.
  5.    #5  
    Ahh, is the verizon tethering option any better or worse? This is being setup for a client of mine & I think going the "legit" route would be a better way to go. How do I get that feature added? Just ask for tethering?
    i don't think that there is anything about PDANet that is not legitimate?
    I thought Verizon had a daily cap on data usage to prevent tethering unless you paid the extra. Is that completely false?
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I use PDAnet quite a bit and have never been throttled. It's a fantastic program and has really helped improve access. I, and I am willing to bet everyone here who has it, highly recommend this program.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    PDANet is awesome and well worth the investment.
    This is incorrect. There is no tethering option for the 700w. There isn't any software on it to allow tethering either. You could use PDAnet, but there is no tethering option from Verizon for the 700w. That's one (but certainly not the only) reason I have the 700p.

Quote Originally Posted by enagel
    The VZW tethering option is the same regardless of whether it's a 700p or 700w.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Yeah, I've used PDAnet for a few years now since I first got my Treo 600 (now on the 650.) I even prefer to use PDANet instead of the built in bluetooth DUN (GSM Treo 650) as it's simpler to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    This is incorrect. There is no tethering option for the 700w. There isn't any software on it to allow tethering either. You could use PDAnet, but there is no tethering option from Verizon for the 700w. That's one (but certainly not the only) reason I have the 700p.
    Your post incorrect. Many of us have been tethering with our 700w devices on Verizon since PDANet made their software available for it last spring. We pay VZW nothing extra for it since VZW doesn't support it.

Perhaps you meant to post this instead:
    There is no "Verizon supported" tethering option for the 700w. There isn't any "Verizon supported" software on it to allow tethering either.

This is no different for any of the devices that Verizon customers have been tethering for years (e.g. Kyo7135, VX6600, Treo 600, Treo 650, etc.)
    I said in my post that there was no tethering option from Verizon (if you read the whole thing). I also said you can use PDAnet to tether. I don't think there is anything incorrect in those statements.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680