1.    #1  
    After installing this on my phone and my room mates 8125ppc, neither of us noticed any difference.

Then I found this site:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/view...alar+benchmark

Any thoughts? is it a hoax?
    Disturbing thread. Keep in mind, it may just be on that specific device which the problem exists. Also keep in mind the thread is from last year.

XCPUScaler did seem to make my machine snappier, especially when deleting emails in Outlook. Never ran benchmarks though so can't say for sure.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by adamt
    Disturbing thread. Keep in mind, it may just be on that specific device which the problem exists. Also keep in mind the thread is from last year.

XCPUScaler did seem to make my machine snappier, especially when deleting emails in Outlook. Never ran benchmarks though so can't say for sure.
    I thought it made things a little snappier, but not much..

I'm going to run some base line numbers with a fresh hard reset. The bench mark software is REALLY slow. From what I'm reading, the testing could takes days.
    It did enable me to use the standard Pocket PC version of Skype which worked very well today when I called Hong Kong and only paid $.21
    Keith - Good, let us know how it goes.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith P
    After installing this on my phone and my room mates 8125ppc, neither of us noticed any difference.

Then I found this site:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/view...alar+benchmark

Any thoughts? is it a hoax?
    Thank you very much for posting this thread!

i did the xcpscaler trial and didn't notice much of a difference... trial expired too soon to really do any real testing, so i gave up on it. been meaning to buy it, but haven't had a chance.

i read this thread two nights ago, followed the link you provided, downloaded the Pocket Hack Master because it has that free 10day trial. i had some trouble doing the initial configuration, because my treo was set to turn off after a minute of non-use and the password protection kicked in.... which in turn caused everything to freeze. finally got it configured (simple process) yesterday morning. spent all day yesterday testing it out, running heavy programs, watching videos, listening to music, surf the net, etc. one word that describes Pocket Hack Master: AMAZING!!!

there was a considerable performance increase, everything was better, faster, smoother! videos that used to lag are now sharper, smoother, and glitch free! programs ran faster and smoother. i use pdanet to surf the net and it was able to achieve higher upload and download speeds!!

so far, the only problems i've noticed are:
    1. unstable. Pocket Hack Master shuts down when there are too many programs running
    2. sometimes freezes the treo, requiring a soft reset
    3. slightly increased battery drain, not bad at all!

other than that, the P.H.M. is an excellent investment! now i can watch videos as smooth and as sharp as my friend's ipod video (our previous comparison was an embarassment, because my treo kept lagging and had lower video quality ). give it a 10 day trial. follow the simple instructions, you'll have a lot of fun with it.

search: pocket hack master on google or that pocketpc.com site
    I, unfortunately, DID purchase XCPUScaler (because the demo version was not nearly long enough and because some other users here were singing it's praises) and could see NO improvement. I also tried it with Skype and still could not see any differance. Perhaps there is some other program conflicting with XCPUScaler, but as far as I can tell I simply wasted my money.

Tom
    Did they fix PHM to work with the Treo's 240x240 screen yet? I've used it before and it had issues selecting the different features of the product. I sent bug info to the developer several months ago, but haven't tried it since.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    the 240 x 240 works perfectly...

i used to drive around talking on skype, sorta garbled sometimes, but still worked ok. now, with Pocket Hyperwarpedspeed Master processing, audio quality is nearly indinguishable from normal cellular phone call... it's awesome!!!

i'm also starting to work out the minor bugs i've encountered... so far soooo good.

:tup:
    Works on my T700w.
    Any comments from the swindlers over at XCPUScaler as to why our purchased licenses don't seem to do squat?
    Can somone shed some light to which profile is the best setting for Pocket Hack Master without any problem or reset on 700w?
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Ok, after a few more weeks of on and off use, I've decided that it's well worth it, but due to the 700w's crippled/lack of ram, I only use it to run certain programs. (ie. TCMP, Media Player, certain games, etc.). The main problem is PHM's tendency to either shutdown on it's own or free the 700w (requiring a reset). It's unstable due to the lack of ram while running heavier programs.

I also used SK Tool's benchmark test and was thoroughly impressed with before/after tests w/ the PHM on vs. off. very impressive!

I'll type up a more detailed review when I find some free time.

If any of you are planning on purchasing the PHM software and want additional tips, then feel free to send me a PM.