Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21  
    I must admit I never considered PPC because of the many times I had to use a stylus. I did try a 700w recently and I will probably dump my 700p as soon as Sprint adopts it. The "handedness" of the 700w was impressive when compared to the other PPC out there. And there's Wifi even if an SDIO is required.
  2. #22  
    Oh yeah. Hands down. the PPC-6700 = no one-handed-ness.
    Same for many ipaqs.

    The 6500 and 6900 ipaqs are close, but Palm went a long way in improving WM.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod
    What needs to be improved with one-handed-ness? I feel the 700w is the most one-handed machine ever.
    You should never need a stylus to use any of the built-in apps. For example, to select a mailbox folder from within an account you need to touch the screen. (This is different from switching mailbox accounts which can be done one-handed).
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod
    Oh yeah. Hands down. the PPC-6700 = no one-handed-ness.
    Same for many ipaqs.

    The 6500 and 6900 ipaqs are close, but Palm went a long way in improving WM.
    How did Palm improve WM? The only difference I can find between the 700W and the 6700 is the today screen plugin and changing of the soft menus on the today screen. Everything else is the same.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    You should never need a stylus to use any of the built-in apps. For example, to select a mailbox folder from within an account you need to touch the screen. (This is different from switching mailbox accounts which can be done one-handed).
    They have fixed that ik AKU 2.3 (it looks like). You can now select subfolders easily using the d-pad and menus.



    Surur
    Last edited by surur; 08/14/2006 at 02:32 PM.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by littlerm
    How did Palm improve WM? The only difference I can find between the 700W and the 6700 is the today screen plugin and changing of the soft menus on the today screen. Everything else is the same.
    1st and foremost...the hardware. Lots of little things over the ipaq 6500 (similar form factor)

    Then software. Speed Dial today pluggin you mention. Ability to open task manager with OK button. And there just seems to be more things that work with the d-pad. I didn't mess around with the 6500 too much, but I don't remember the ability to start programs by hitting Start>"C" to open the Calculator.

    I know there are more, but this thread is not the point.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    They have fixed that ik AKU 2.3 (it looks like). You can now select subfolders easily using the d-pad and menus.



    Surur
    OH MAN! That is huge! That one feature would make this phone sooooo much better. Granted, I have gotten pretty good at using my fingernail to do it, but that is sweet!

    Please keep us posted on that!
  8. #28  
    Anyone who thinks the 700w is not "one-handed friendly" never used another wm5 device. The customizations Palm made are incredible. And I'm talking about EVERYTHING, especially:

    -Today screen dialer.
    -Today screen preferences straight from the today screen.
    -Keyguard that actually WORKS (see i730 forums).
    -OK shortcut to task manager
    -Sprite Backup for free

    I used the treo 650 for many months, and I felt the palm os was quicker to launch apps, etc but not MUCH quicker than wm. People just don't take the time to learn shortcuts.

    start button - button I - Left soft key twice = Internet Explorer favorites.

    start button- P - S - Center key - Slingbox open.

    Both are as quick, if not quicker, than the Palm launcher. Plus I can multitask. Watch TV, and check my email that just came over during commercials. And anyone who tries to bring up the RAM issue, all I can say is "dbcache tool."

    Oh yeah, I wouldn't assume the sprint 700w will be any different from the Verizon version, and if it is (which I seriously doubt) then Palm will update the Verizon one soon after. Just my .02
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions