Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Can this be done? If so, how? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam
    Can this be done? If so, how? Thanks.
    with third party software...not natively.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt
    with third party software...not natively.
    Do you know of any 3rd party software that will enable me to do this please? If so, which 3rd party software? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    I searched and didn't see any. I also found somebody asking on another forum and nobody replied.

Best suggestion I have for you is to press the green phone button adn use the 5 way navigation to move up to the dial pad. You could leave it running once you start it.
    Why do you think you need to do this? You do know you can enter either numbers or letters right from the Today screen? In other words - no need to see the dial pad in order to dial. AND - once you're on a call, all the numbers and other characters ( *, #, etc) all work without having to bring up the dial pad.

Maybe you need the letters for things like '1-800-BITEME' etc. - ?

But, for just about everything you won't need the dial pad. Tell us why you need it....
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Bigger #'s that's all.
    Hi,

It can be done.
    You need to create a shortcut to Dialpad.
    Put it in the \waindows\startmenu\programs area.
    Once you have done that, you assign the side button to it.

Been there, have it done.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_head
    Hi,

It can be done.

Found it: "PhoneDialer"

Awesome, I was able to map the side button to "Dial Pad" after completing a soft reset. Thanks so much tech_head....you rule.
    Last edited by robdam; 08/10/2006 at 07:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    Why do you think you need to do this? You do know you can enter either numbers or letters right from the Today screen? In other words - no need to see the dial pad in order to dial. AND - once you're on a call, all the numbers and other characters ( *, #, etc) all work without having to bring up the dial pad.

Maybe you need the letters for things like '1-800-BITEME' etc. - ?

But, for just about everything you won't need the dial pad. Tell us why you need it....
    Who the fook is this guy demanding to know "why you need it"
    I'll tell you why I need it, because the GOD DAMNED TREO 700 DIAL KEYS ARE SO TINY ONLY A GIRLY MAN CAN USE THEM. How's that?
    My thumb is bigger then the entire black key section.

I actually asked not only my local verizon dealer, but also the 800 number tech people and NOBODY had a solution. Yet I find a perfect solution here. Thanks to the fellow who posted how to shortcut the phonedialer to the side key. IT WORKS GREAT.

Now when I'm driving down the road, navigating through traffic, messing with charger wires, listening to kids distracting me in the back, etc etc etc... I can at least dial on this device using a thumb only, during one handed operation. Yes I know you can dial with a thumb on those little chiclet keys however, it's very irritating.

Thank you again for the tip in this thread.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    How do you create the shortcut?
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tapa
    Who the fook is this guy demanding to know "why you need it"
    I'll tell you why I need it, because the GOD DAMNED TREO 700 DIAL KEYS ARE SO TINY ONLY A GIRLY MAN CAN USE THEM. How's that?
    My thumb is bigger then the entire black key section.

I actually asked not only my local verizon dealer, but also the 800 number tech people and NOBODY had a solution. Yet I find a perfect solution here. Thanks to the fellow who posted how to shortcut the phonedialer to the side key. IT WORKS GREAT.

Now when I'm driving down the road, navigating through traffic, messing with charger wires, listening to kids distracting me in the back, etc etc etc... I can at least dial on this device using a thumb only, during one handed operation. Yes I know you can dial with a thumb on those little chiclet keys however, it's very irritating.

Thank you again for the tip in this thread.
    Must have pissed you off enough, to bring you out and post! LOL. Awesome post. In general the question is valid, but the way he asked it deserved your post.
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE
    How do you create the shortcut?
    I am going to guess, as I do not have a WM5 device, but try explorer, menu button and see if there is an option to 'create new' or 'new' or something along those lines.
    Didn't mean to hack anybody off, but my point was that it's simple to just dial by name from the today screen - in other words, avoiding the dial pad keys (yes I agree they're small, and that's my whole point) and just use dial by name.
    Here's the comparison:

Isn't it easier to press two or three letters ([j] [o] space [s]) for John Smith, for instance, than to dial 10 digits on the soft screen dial pad? Maybe you don't think so, and that's cool, but dialing by name will always mean less buttons or digits to press, and that's the point I was making.

Lighten up Francis.
  14. kac
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_head
    Hi,

It can be done.

Sorry for the dumb question but where is that actual "Dialpad" file stored?
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    In the Windows folder look for PhoneDialer.

Greg
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Nice tip, tech_head...I was wondering the same thing, i am so used to using the keypad on my 650, and I like that I had the option of always having it visible at the main screen. I rarely used my speed dials on the 650...

Which brings me to another missing functon that I miss...on the 650, you could press the green Phone button at the main phone page and it would pop up a list of the last 10 or so numbers you had called, plus an option for call Log and Dial Pad...

Is there any way to do this on the 700wx?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cking View Post
    Which brings me to another missing functon that I miss...on the 650, you could press the green Phone button at the main phone page and it would pop up a list of the last 10 or so numbers you had called, plus an option for call Log and Dial Pad...

I'll answer my own question here...

DUH! I just found what I was looking for...I hadn't made any calls yet, because I just activated the 700 late last night...now I see that the green button does the same thing as the 650, it pulls up a list of the last called numbers...nice!

Since I always seem to call the same people, this is my Speed Dial...
    Quote Originally Posted by cking View Post
    Nice tip, tech_head...I was wondering the same thing, i am so used to using the keypad on my 650, and I like that I had the option of always having it visible at the main screen. I rarely used my speed dials on the 650...

yes, it there already