1.    #1  
    Found this nifty free utility that will trigger the WM5 built in Messaging application to start a send/receive when a specific SMS message arrives. Works in the background. Essentially simulates push for any type of mail account, including POP3. Just forward a new message from your mail server to your cell carriers SMS server, which will send a message to your phone. This application "listens" for these carrier-specific SMS messages and will cause the Messaging application to pull new mail.

http://www-rocq.inria.fr/who/Arnaud....ects/PushMail/

ChatterEmail has this function on PalmOS but Messaging was missing this. If you receive a lot of mail, just make sure you have unlimited text messaging or you could rack up the charges real fast!
    How long have you been using this? Any quirks you want to mention?
    What trigger do you use? VZW doesn't use a specific number.
    I can't get it to work with any combination of phone number (use the string that vzw sends from, not a number) or message body with wild cards.
    Got it to work for gmail by using the message body section with the search string: (*)*

I wish it could use wild cards and strings in the number field though for a more straightforward match.

Lastly it would be nice to be able to have a different trigger for each of my accounts.