Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj View Post
    He is currently testing the 8525.. He expects it to be out late Sept. So you could have it a month earlier.. However, I had a Treo 650 and now have a 8125. I miss my keyboard on the front. It seems like a little thing, but having to open the keyboard and wait for the screen to flip is painful. I have gone down to not IMing on my phone anymore, because it is too much of a hassle..
    I also had an 8125 and sent it back for a similar reason. However, the 8525 with it's faster processor and scroll wheel looks pretty compelling. I am going WM5 no matter which direction I go.
    He is currently testing the 8525.. He expects it to be out late Sept. So you could have it a month earlier.. However, I had a Treo 650 and now have a 8125. I miss my keyboard on the front. It seems like a little thing, but having to open the keyboard and wait for the screen to flip is painful. I have gone down to not IMing on my phone anymore, because it is too much of a hassle..
    oh man i had a KJam and i returned it because of that as well (and plus my Kjam was just buggy [got it in october of last year])...but yeah I need a static front side keyboard...

Like you txschafers, i will be going WM5.0 for sure...PalmOS is good, but WM5.0 is awesome!

Now of course my decision is between the following two items...the hp 6900 series and the 750. If the 750 does have HSDPA as it says it will, then my search is over...if it doesn, then i will probably get the hp 6900
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo View Post
    oh man i had a KJam and i returned it because of that as well (and plus my Kjam was just buggy [got it in october of last year])...but yeah I need a static front side keyboard...

Like you txschafers, i will be going WM5.0 for sure...PalmOS is good, but WM5.0 is awesome!

Now of course my decision is between the following two items...the hp 6900 series and the 750. If the 750 does have HSDPA as it says it will, then my search is over...if it doesn, then i will probably get the hp 6900
    Does the hp 6900 have UMTS? I know that the 750 will at least have UMTS haven't been able to verify the HSDPA yet...
    The HP 69xx does not have UMTS, just EDGE, but it does have GPS, which no other QWERTY smartphone has at the moment.

Surur
    I have my money in hand and am ready to spend it if Cingular would just release one of these $%##@#$%# things!
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers View Post
    I have my money in hand and am ready to spend it if Cingular would just release one of these $%##@#$%# things!
    Same here! I just dropped my poor old Treo 600 but it's still ticking somehow. The antenna's about to fall off but it's still going. I'm not buying that Treo 700. I think the Cingular 750 is what I'm looking for.
    Oh, when will I find the perfect smartphone???
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    The HP 69xx does not have UMTS, just EDGE, but it does have GPS, which no other QWERTY smartphone has at the moment.

Surur
    incorrect (kinda), the benq-siemens loox has it...although it didnt do as well compared to the 6900 (even though it had a SirFIII chipset)

http://www.mobinaute.com/mobinaute/a...20060727154118

its in french (but im bilingual...thank you quebec)

EDIT: I'm sorry i thought the 6900 was better...but it "tied" with the loox (pros and cons on both)
    Does the hp 6900 have UMTS? I know that the 750 will at least have UMTS haven't been able to verify the HSDPA yet...
    yeah as surur said, no UMTS...thats why the hp will be the fallback..i know that will have wifi (built in)...and well my provider has gone straight to HSDPA (i think you cingular people as well, correct me if i am wrong)..and well if the treo doesnt have HSDPA i will go for the hp...i like the meat in that baby (although over time that could change)

as it is, the 3" display on the hp has me sold (the resolution im sure i can live with...as long as its better than 160x160 with 3k colours...then i am happy) lol
    Ah, but the HP is available now, while the Loox (Brilliant but flawed unit) has not been released yet.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Ah, but the HP is available now, while the Loox (Brilliant but flawed unit) has not been released yet.

Surur
    ahh ha...i have been reversed touched
    why is the Loox flawed?
    I'm a big FSC fan, and the Loox 720 is the best PDA ever made. The T830 however is

a) much too big and heavy,
    b) has a SSS (small square screen) with a BBB (big black border) and will apparently ship like this.
    c) Is not a world phone. Its not quadband gsm/triband umts like the TyTN.
    d) has no USB 2

In other words, its a good idea brought down by the details, and a disappointment to me because of this. Who knows however, when it finally comes to market next month I may be pleasantly surprised. I however stopped waiting for it 5 months ago and bought a Universal.

Surur
    Why is it none of these leakers can pick the d**m phone up and take a picture of it in their hand, so we can actually see how big the d**m thing is? And where do they find cameras that take such bad pictures? Even the treo 600 made better images than these. Heck, my Brownie box camera took better pictures back in 1960.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Why is it none of these leakers can pick the d**m phone up and take a picture of it in their hand, so we can actually see how big the d**m thing is? And where do they find cameras that take such bad pictures? Even the treo 600 made better images than these. Heck, my Brownie box camera took better pictures back in 1960.
    down boy...heel
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    luckily i sold my 8125. i don't mind to have wm5 treo. but I want 320x320 (which is not support on wm. 240x240 sucks anyway

Couldn't have said it better!

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by mashi View Post
    luckily i sold my 8125. i don't mind to have wm5 treo. but I want 320x320 (which is not support on wm. 240x240 sucks anyway
    Why did you sell your 8125?
    Quote Originally Posted by mashi View Post
    it would be nice if this treo came with 480x480...but it probably wont (99% probable it wont be on the new treo)..but at least we know its supported...maybe they will finally implement it
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I will be sore if Palm doesn't sell an unlocked version right out of the gate with the carrier versions.
    I was on the Cingular site today and realized that my account page didn't have my phone selected. When I went to choose one from their available PalmOne phones, there was one listed as the ACE that had no picture available.

Think that this could be the new one on the way?

Michael
    Michael J. Barnes
    Associate Professor
    Wayne State University

Visor >> VisorPhone >> Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650>> Centro >> Pre+
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast