Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 84
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by boygenius
    All I get is bad leak? Damn I might retire...

    Oh, no no no

    Good leak, gooooooood leak!


    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
  2. Stihl's Avatar
    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    #42  
    Well, how about this. Verizon has seriously pissed me off for a multitude of reasons and I was looking for a switch. However, the hsdpa network or whatever it is called seems to be non-existant, which makes me really not even want to bother with this phone at all.

    Exactly how fast is edge? Will this support edge since I don't live in a hdspa network? (how suprising LOS FREAKING ANGELES isn't supported)
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by boygenius
    All I get is bad leak? Damn I might retire...
    Dude,does it have wifi? Thanks for the leak.

    Next time post it in Treocentral first, Engadget will pick it up anyway.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by boygenius
    All I get is bad leak? Damn I might retire...
    No, don't retire! At least not until you let us know the answer to whatever7's question and also tell us all about the memory - 128MB ROM, 64MB RAM?

    Your info is very much appreciated. You don't know anything about Vodafone UK by any chance do you?
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by boygenius
    All I get is bad leak? Damn I might retire...
    hey bg...of course they're people out there who will poo on your parade...but you know what man...great leak.. very much appreciated
  6. #46  
    This wait is killing me. I'm wondering if Cingular will launch theirs in September after Vodafone
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl
    Exactly how fast is edge? Will this support edge since I don't live in a hdspa network? (how suprising LOS FREAKING ANGELES isn't supported)
    It is about 240 kbit/s (according to Wikipedia). And, yes, the 750 will have it. According to the latest, it will have EDGE, UMTS, and HSDPA.
  8. #48  
    That's a theoretical maximum, you will never ever see that speed on edge. I've used a number of devices and realistically you will see anywhere from 20 kbit/sec to 120 kbit/sec with an edge device.

    Quote Originally Posted by laurenke
    It is about 240 kbit/s (according to Wikipedia). And, yes, the 750 will have it. According to the latest, it will have EDGE, UMTS, and HSDPA.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by TGavilan
    MiniSD -- which is still annoying because I can't believe the space savings is all that important and we all have SD cards. If we were going to eat something it should have been a move to MiniUSB connectors since the rest of the world seems to have standarized on those.
    Based on this, do you think it will use the same sixe battery as the 700 and 650 or will a new slimmer battery be required?
  10. #50  
    Supposedly will be released around the end of October.

    There will be Cingy one's and factory unlocked one's.

    Supposedly.
  11. g.711's Avatar
    Posts
    550 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    #51  
    So I our future dominated with Provider Hopping to get the best and new Treos. All they need to due is build a Vanilla, Standard and TC version on the Treo. Price accordingly with the hottest features and they will become the Wallmart of the industry. I would have a 700 right now if it just has a little bit more and I think that is true for many 650 users.
  12. #52  
    Our Cingular rep advised us that the new WM5 Treo is slated for a 1Q07 release. I am praying they do not know what they are talking about and we see it in Sep or Oct!
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    Our Cingular rep advised us that the new WM5 Treo is slated for a 1Q07 release. I am praying they do not know what they are talking about and we see it in Sep or Oct!
    Since Amazon is selling the Cingular 650 for $50, I doubt the 1Q07 release of Treo 750 and 680 is right. I think Sep or Oct release is more likely.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    Since Amazon is selling the Cingular 650 for $50, I doubt the 1Q07 release of Treo 750 and 680 is right. I think Sep or Oct release is more likely.
    I sure hope so. I really am looking for another phone
  15. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by horatiub
    this wait sucks
    Tell me about it! I've now had to do the foil fix on my 600 a total of SEVEN times, and each time I do it, the time for which is is effective gets shorter and shorter. I can't tell you how much I hate Palm's wild rumors/planned leaks/late annoucements strategy. It almost makes me want to buy something else out of spite.
  16. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDs10e
    Tell me about it! I've now had to do the foil fix on my 600 a total of SEVEN times, and each time I do it, the time for which is is effective gets shorter and shorter. I can't tell you how much I hate Palm's wild rumors/planned leaks/late annoucements strategy. It almost makes me want to buy something else out of spite.
    I can't agree more
  17. #58  
    Take this with a grain of salt as with all release rumors, but my friend who works in Cingular engineering department, is testing the Treo 750 on cingular and is expecting a Late Oct. release. As with all rumors it is subject to change, but he didn't expect any problems with the Treo on their system. He also said that Cingular dropped the HTC 3125 (star Trek wm5 flip phone). I just can't wait until Oct.. Sounds like I will be getting a nice Halloween gift...
  18. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj View Post
    Take this with a grain of salt as with all release rumors, but my friend who works in Cingular engineering department, is testing the Treo 750 on cingular and is expecting a Late Oct. release. As with all rumors it is subject to change, but he didn't expect any problems with the Treo on their system. He also said that Cingular dropped the HTC 3125 (star Trek wm5 flip phone). I just can't wait until Oct.. Sounds like I will be getting a nice Halloween gift...
    Does your friend know anything about the 8525? It is kind of a toss up for me whether I am going to go with the 750 or 8525.
  19. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers View Post
    Does your friend know anything about the 8525? It is kind of a toss up for me whether I am going to go with the 750 or 8525.
    He is currently testing the 8525.. He expects it to be out late Sept. So you could have it a month earlier.. However, I had a Treo 650 and now have a 8125. I miss my keyboard on the front. It seems like a little thing, but having to open the keyboard and wait for the screen to flip is painful. I have gone down to not IMing on my phone anymore, because it is too much of a hassle..
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions