Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 84
  1. agn727's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    #21  
    If it runs WM5 and the screen is still square - shouldn't the resolution be just as poor as the 700W's? If so, I'm not interested.
  2. #22  
    Aww man..WM 5.0 --> PRO (if true of course)
    HSDPA --> UBER PRO (if true of course)
    No Antenna --> ULTRA PRO
    Wifi --> it would be nice..but i can live without it
    ROM/RAM --> Better be high or else (128MB ROM / 64MB RAM --> IE the standard persay)....somebody's gonna get a hurt real bad!....somebody...im not going to say who...but its somebody

    now i dont have to worry about not buying the tytn (for HSDPA)..and now it comes back to my dilema...HP 6955 or Treo 750....i like both as you can say its a "sixty nine fitty five" or a "seven fitty" lol okay i need to take my meds now
  3. ls3mach's Avatar
    Posts
    659 Posts
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    #23  
    Will someone post the pictures to TC, I cant see them on Endgadget.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    Any idea, based on the "girth" issue being mentioned, if the new Cingular Treo will fit in the current Palm cradle? I have a Blackberry now but am going to buy this phone, if it truly is WM5, the second it hits the street!
    The Treo 750 is thick for a antenna-less phone, but all reports suggests its about the same size or slightly smaller than a Treo 700. Its only the poor photography which makes it look bigger.

    Surur
  5. #25  
    I guess my question was a little pre-mature. I mean who can really answer that right? I would assume that other then form fitting cases, all of the cables and cradles will work with the new Cingular version of the Treo.
  6. #26  
    If it has the multi connector introduced with the 650, yes, all of that would work.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Humm, OK, maybe the strips in the softkeys are just for backlighting. The 700w didn't have these.
    You win a cookie
  8. #28  
    Anyone have any idea when the phone will be available at Cingular?
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by TGavilan
    You win a cookie
    TGavilan, does it use miniSD (about the same width as a SD card) or microSD (about the same size as your fingernail)?

    Surur
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    TGavilan, does it use miniSD (about the same width as a SD card) or microSD (about the same size as your fingernail)?

    Surur
    Or regular SD like the 650 and 700"s?
  11. #31  
    MiniSD -- which is still annoying because I can't believe the space savings is all that important and we all have SD cards. If we were going to eat something it should have been a move to MiniUSB connectors since the rest of the world seems to have standarized on those.
  12. Fittske's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by TGavilan
    MiniSD -- which is still annoying because I can't believe the space savings is all that important and we all have SD cards. If we were going to eat something it should have been a move to MiniUSB connectors since the rest of the world seems to have standarized on those.
    Stop complaining ....you can buy a 1GB mini SD card for $21

    http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecsplash/...no~1618491.asp
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  13. webedc's Avatar
    Posts
    492 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    #33  
    If I had Cingular and a Treo 650, and I do not live/work in a HSPDA area, what are the main reasons for 'upgrading' to this phone? (Despite the form factor and assume that there's no WiFi).
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  14. #34  
    Modern multi-tasking OS ?

    Surur
  15. webedc's Avatar
    Posts
    492 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Modern multi-tasking OS ?
    Apparently I don't want to turn this thread into WM vs PalmOS. I do see your point especially for someone who likes/wants to try WM.

    It seems that the success of this Cingular launch relies on their strategy in attracting *new* corporate customers. I'm afraid, however, that the slow HSPDA rollout may affect it. Imagine you're an IT admin and your CEO has been happily surfing the web with the new gadget in his New York corporate office (with HSPDA). But when he flies to LA (with no HSPDA) and was unable to show off the gadget because of the (relatively) slow speed. I bet you'll be the first guy to have an earful from this CEO.

    Anyway, I'm glad to see Palm to roll out new units in Cingular.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    ...somebody's gonna get a hurt real bad!....somebody...im not going to say who...but its somebody
    It'll take 23 minutes for child protective services to get here....and in that time....somebody gonna get a hurt real bad!

    Back on topic, if you live in a non-HSDPA area and you have a 650, I don't think WM is a big reason to switch, unless you're unhappy with PalmOS or WM has programs you need. Multitasking would be a benefit (assuming Palm doesn't skimp on the RAM again), but you have to wonder, would it be worth the cost of upgrading? Not to mention you'd have to look for WM equivalents of your PalmOS application library.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc
    Apparently I don't want to turn this thread into WM vs PalmOS. I do see your point especially for someone who likes/wants to try WM.

    It seems that the success of this Cingular launch relies on their strategy in attracting *new* corporate customers. I'm afraid, however, that the slow HSPDA rollout may affect it. Imagine you're an IT admin and your CEO has been happily surfing the web with the new gadget in his New York corporate office (with HSPDA). But when he flies to LA (with no HSPDA) and was unable to show off the gadget because of the (relatively) slow speed. I bet you'll be the first guy to have an earful from this CEO.

    Anyway, I'm glad to see Palm to roll out new units in Cingular.
    Its more in the context that, besides the OS, there is not much else reason to switch. No WIFI, camera a bit better, screen worse, no antenna, but smaller battery. Unless you want the OS, there is not much other reason, is there?

    On the other hand, if you did not buy the Treo due to the OS, you may consider it now. Its not necessarily all about upgraders.

    Surur
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    Stop complaining ....you can buy a 1GB mini SD card for $21
    I know, I know...but it's still the point. Now, MicroSD at least there's an argument for the size differential, but for MiniSD I can't believe it makes a different in a phone the size of the Treo. And then you have to carry the silly adapter around with your PC if you think you might transfer stuff.
  19. #39  
    WM5 is reason enough for me to switch. I will not buy another POS Treo. I have used WM5 on the 8125 and love the total integration with our exchange server. If it were not for the lousy form factor of the 8125 I would still be using it. I will be buying the new Cingular Treo only if it is WM5.
  20. #40  
    All I get is bad leak? Damn I might retire...
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions